Hurray

So, my HOPING my pay check came through before the land lord cashed her check worked!
This time.

I should remember NOT to do things like this again.
See, I don't balance my check book. I have the internet and I use my card mostly. I KNOW how much money I've spent and I generally have some idea how much I have left. If I don't know, I check the internet and scrutinize and then I'm like...ok, that's right.

Until I get frustrated, like not being able to go the fair cause I spent too much on food, and then I'm just like...it's fine. I can just spend a little more and still be fine. Then I don't even check cause I don't want to know how bad it's gonna be.

THIS time I am fine.

I need to remember that..THIS TIME.
Anyhow, HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF. I've managed not to overdraw my account yet. Which is good, I've only had the account since...well, a little more than a year, I think. Huh...I can't believe it's been that long. Perhaps not quite that long. =S
But I really don't want to overdraw myself. It's SO much worse when other people start charging you to use money. Be it credit cards, be it late fees, be it anything really.
I used to go to a place that would give me money before I got paid. I'd get a hundred and pay them 20. Every damn month. That's 20 dollars I spent cause I don't budget well. =(
I'm learning.
Maybe I'll learn about actually saving some money. I'm thinking I should take out $500.00 or so from my tax return and putting that in a savings. Cause then I could have a hundred for everyone's birthdays, plus 200 hundred for Christmas. And then I wouldn't screw myself so bad during those times.
Do I think I could hold onto 500 dollars without spending it? I don't know. It'd be really easy to just be like...well. I need money.

I saved $700.00 or so before Derek was born. I had almost no bills..I paid a small amount of "rent" based on my income...it wasn't much at all, and I think was supposed to be a "donation"...except when they make you give it to them it's not really donated, now is it?
Anyhow.. It was a piddly amount and I was pregnant and the only other thing I spend money on was eating out. I guess it's no wonder I gained 60 pounds. I was working two part time jobs and finishing out High School. I had no time to cook, and fucked it up when I did. Plus, who's gonna buy 4 fucking pork chops when you only have ONE person to feed? (Two, if you count Derek then)
I craved pork chops for so long. I finally got them towards the 8 1/2 month mark.
I ate a lot at Brails..yummy, yummy food there.

I'm getting distracted and hungry, so back to the subject here.
I saved $700.00 dollars and then spent it all in like 3 months after he was born. Now I know I coulda spent that in a week, given the shopping I can do when I know I have money to do it.
Now we paid more rent, I worked VERY part time, and wanted some spending money. It didn't take long to deplete that. =S
So, I know I can save, but I also know that I can spend. A little too easily.

I have to go to a damn work meeting tonight. Everyone else needed to do it tonight, so I have to go in. Luckily, my boss is coming to get me, so I won't have to ride the bus and make it take even longer.

I've been more productive today. Derek is at school, I went shopping, I did dishes, and now I'm sitting here on my ass. And the dishes aren't done. So I must go back to them.

Comments

Brandy said…
Congrats!!!! :)
SWSNBN said…
Yes, well, dishes are good to have done. I hate fucking dishes.
*sigh*

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.