Weekend - in a post

Friday night I got off work a little early! HURRAY! Jen (intern) and I spent a good ten minutes talking to Charles via speakerphone. I miss Charles. At least he is only at the processing center, but still. He's not our cashier anymore. It was fun.

I booked it over to Tammy's house in the hopes of getting home before it was too late. I had a plan. We were gonna lie to Derek and tell him Josh couldn't come over. So I went in, grabbed Josh, ran out...sorry I didn't hang out longer..rode the bus home...and Josh waited outside for a second, before I had him knock on the door. The plan was to have Derek open the door. Which was hard, without ruining the surprise, seeing as how I am teaching him not to just throw open the damn door, when he doesn't know who is there. So he peeked out to window and knew before he opened the door.
It was still a good surprise. Josh is like crack to Derek. He gets all excited and LOUD. They played some video games, and then we had stir fry for dinner. It was YUMMY. Josh liked it, he had seconds. Derek barely finished what he had, but the rest of us had seconds as well. It was strange to have four people at the dinner table and not 3.

They went to bed late. We had hoped to get Hoodwinked, as Ben hasn't seen it and it was funny. Josh and Derek liked it. But the damn cable wasn't working right, so we couldn't. Too bad, really. They watched Spy Kids 3-D instead.
They were up early, as usual. It was entertaining. At one point, Ben was playing Magic with both boys. THREE WAY MAGIC!! I didn't even know you could do that. =)
Then Ariel dropped in, and took me out for morning coffee. =)
And then Tammy called and came to get Josh and bought me more coffee! I was a little tweaked out on caffiene.
The kids played in the tree. It was quite fun to see them trying so hard. Derek and Natalie are just not tall enough.

The rest of Saturday was spent being LAZY. Tammy invited us out to barbecue. I'm so glad we went. It got us out of the house. This was Sunday, so we were lazy Sunday morning as well. Star Wars 1 was playing when we got there. Ben and Cruz talked about the little things that were annoying about it. I ignored them.
Then someone came over with a baby...I know I was introduced, but I'll be damned if I remember her name.
That baby was cute though. Quiet and alert.
He kept staring at Ben..Ben kept avoiding looking at the baby.
I couldn't stop looking at the baby, either could Tammy. I think it's a girl thing. I reassured Ben that I did NOT want to go through labor again, but I do love the babies. I think he is mollified.
We'll see.
(the tv just showed me that cleavage is love)

Anyhow. Tammy and Ben and I just sat outside, after we chased everyone inside. It was awesome. We just sat and talked about this and that. The baby's dad reminded me slightly of Jake. Just the build, the facial hair...and something else.
Something I couldn't put my finger on until we went inside at the same time and I mentioned something about the kids playing video games and he was like...I have EVERY video game console, with this and that and a HUGE TV to play them.
I was all....0_O.
That was when I KNEW what the thing I couldn't put my finger on was. They would've talked for HOURS about the video games, I'm sure.
When he said he could change the baby's diaper, my reverie was interrupted. That's not something I EVER heard Jake say.

We stayed until the last bus and it was awesome to spend some time with Tammy. I hope she had as much fun.

Derek was asking before we even left when he could come back. All...Tammy, can I come over next weekend and stay the night..CAN I?, CAN I?
He's like the little dog on those cartoons. With the big Spike dog? You know what I'm talking about.

We'll see. I work Saturday, I am obviously off today, but it is the last weekend before school. I just don't know..we'll see. I'll have to email Tammy and remind her so that I feel like I've done my part in potentially getting Derek his "fix".
If not, then it just won't work, but perhaps. We'll see.
I have more still people. Really. I had a weird dream and I have to share.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.