My favorite music (at this point in time)
There are three songs that I keep playing over and over...I know some of you hate me, just for having to think about me playing songs over and over again.
The three songs in question right now....(oops. maybe 4)
1. One (Mary J. Blige cover)
2. Maneater (Nelly Furtado)
3. Who Knew (Pink)
4. You and I Both (Jason Mraz)
While number 4 is not new by any stretch of the imagination, I just NEVER get sick of that song. And I DID listen to MTV this morning while getting ready, which means I need to download some music, like the new PCD song, or maybe even (don't THROW THINGS AT ME) the Jessica Simpson one I heard.
It had a good beat. And good beats = equal uplifting music, at least to me.
Anyhow, more depth on those songs above.
1. I don't think I really knew the lyrics before or cared much. I'm just not a big U2 fan. But when she starts singing..
Did I disappoint you, or leave a bad taste in your mouth.
You act like you never had love, and you want me to go without.
Did I disappoint you, or leave a bad taste in your mouth.
You act like you never had love, and you want me to go without.
Plus, I LOVE Mary. I made Jesse listen to it when he came over for my birthday and it was kinda funny. Ben was like...doesn't it suck and Jesse was like...I have to agree with Des. I LOVE HEARING PEOPLE AGREE WITH ME. Plus, the look on Ben's face. Cause he was SO expectant that Jesse would just automatically agree with him, since they have similar taste on a lot of things.
2. This was the second song she played on SNL when she was the musical guest. And I might like it better then Promiscous Girl....though I might have just played the other out. I fully expected it to be a cover of the Hall and Oates song, but I don't think it is. Not completely sure, but I don't care enough to go listen to it and double check.
But the part of the lyrics here
And when she walks she walks with passion
When she talks, she talks like she can handle it
When she asks for something boy, she means it
Even if you never, ever see it
When she talks, she talks like she can handle it
When she asks for something boy, she means it
Even if you never, ever see it
It just makes me smile. Especially while walking down the street listening to it.
3. This song just reminds me of how we sometimes wish things would never change, but inevitably, they will.
These lyrics just tug at my heart strings
If someone said three years from now, you'd be long gone.
I'd stand up and punch them out, cause they're all wrong.
They knew better, still you said forever, and ever.
Who knew.
4. And You and I both? Well.....it's forgiving of the ways things change. Which is maybe why I love it. The very end part makes me smile EVERY TIME I hear it. I can't not be in a good mood.
And it's okay
If you had to go away
Oh, just remember the telephones
Well, they're working in both ways
But if I never, ever hear them ring
If nothing else
I'll think the bells inside have finally found you someone else
And that's okay
Cause I'll remember everything you say
It's a lovely, lilting song. And the song that made me love Jason Mraz.
And it's okay
If you had to go away
Oh, just remember the telephones
Well, they're working in both ways
But if I never, ever hear them ring
If nothing else
I'll think the bells inside have finally found you someone else
And that's okay
Cause I'll remember everything you say
It's a lovely, lilting song. And the song that made me love Jason Mraz.
Comments
What do I say to that? :)