In less than five hours, I will be 26.

For my birthday, I got a stiff neck. And it's spread to my shoulder.
I think this is a result of my hair being too big in the back. It pushes my head forward when I try to lounge, and perhaps contributes to the stiff neck.

I'm really kinda worried. I'm pretty sure I'll have 3 whole people at my party. I was hoping that MySpace would reel em in, but apparently, calling people is really the best way? Or perhaps they just don't want to hang out with me. That could happen. The ones who I know would try to make it, live too far away, or have other plans.
I've not heard much of anything definite. Sidney said she would be here. I outta make Jesse call Marshall. I HATE calling people. =(

Which leads to no one coming to my "parties". Or because I suck. Neither prospect makes me really happy. Part of it might be I stated it was BYOB. Bring your own booze. I am poor and it's my birthday, I shouldn't have to buy everyone's alcohol.
I'm not a good hostess either. Plus, I didn't nag the people I should have enough and instead, kept almost obsessively posting a reminder on My Space.
The people who have said nothing.
I'm really very worried that I am going to be crying at my own birthday party. I mean. How SUCKY can I be that people don't want to celebrate my birthday with me? I like to see them, I HOPE they like to see me.

On the up-side, if only Jesse and Sidney come over, then I can have time to talk with her and the boys will talk. I mean...just having someone to talk to will make it ok.
Just goes to show My Space does not a good friend make.
Hopefully, I'll be pleasantly surprised and kick myself for being so fucking pessimistic.
It could be a birthday miracle.

In other birthday miracles, my Dad sent me money, as did my Grandpa. So my IPOD is paid for with no expense out of my own pocket. And I can even buy myself dinner on my birthday. IPODs are expensive or Ben would have bought me dinner.
But I love the IPOD, and at least I can still have dinner. Yummy mexican food.
And I should text Heather, she'd prolly come over Friday. Maybe. At any rate, I will see her at some point between today and the weekend. She always swings by to do something for my birthday. Last year I had WAY too many Spiced Rum shots and had the worst hangover ever. I was so fucking sick. It was nasty.
This was when I figured out that me and shots? We don't mix well. I take one, and then I'm like...I'm thirsty, and I take another shot. It gets the alcohol in faster. Which is a bad thing for me. By the time I start to feel like I should stop, I've already gone WAY too far. It just hasn't caught up with me at that point.
Let's hope I've kept that lesson. I've been stupid and took swigs off a bottle once, that was bad. I felt sick all the way home.

Anyhow! Everyone wish for birthday miracles, k?
I'll try not to be so pessimistic.

Comments

Brandy said…
Not to be a bitch or make you feel bad or ruin your day, but..

Something to consider, okay?

Everyone has a LOT of stuff going on in their lives. I have Bird, moving, Bill, my own personal paranoia against spending time with strangers...

It's not personal TO YOU that I don't want to come to your party. It's a reflection on ME, my life, and my state of mind.

You're an intelligent girl, you've grasped this already and forgiven me. Or so you said ;)

Now apply the same to EVERYONE ELSE in the world. Everyone has stuff going on. It's summer. It's not that they don't want to hang out and/or spend time with you, it's that shit in life won't let them take a few hours off on Friday, or stay up too late that night, or get away from the kids.

See? It's really Really not personal. But when you take it personally, people may feel like they need to put their really important personal stuff on hold, or they might feel like if they don't come over- they're not your friend anymore?

*I* know this is the case, but you seem awfully sad in this post... I don't know everyone will catch onto that.

I think if people want to spend ANY time with you, or contact you at all in the week surrounding your birthday, they are thinking of you and you are their friend.

You're good, you're worthwhile, and you're awesome. Okay?
Anonymous said…
i did not know anything about a party, but maybe you just hate me :(

ahaha . no seriously, if you want me somewhere, lj, email, or call me. myspace is so clogged up with shit that i don't read the bulletins anymore unless i'm obscenely bored.

you're amazing and i hope you're having a happy birthday time!

~Airie

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.