Hangover cures from around the world. (Random crap I read on the internet)
· The French recommend a nice randy round of sex, followed by heavy water consumption and a good nap to cure the ramifications of overindulging on wine and cheese.
MY own comments, of course. I LIKE this cure. Everyone should use this cure.
· Apparently, Russians like heavily salted cucumber juice or black bread soaked in water, and also recommend eating pickled gherkins or tomatoes and drinking some of the juice to quell the vodka blues.
Meh. I do like salt. But cucumber juice?
· A Haitian girl I once dated believed the best rummy’s remedy is to stick 13 black-headed pins in the cork of the bottle that gave you the hangover. (Consequently, I didn’t believe her, but when we broke up I had a headache for two weeks, got a case of the gout and my hamster died -- it was weird.)
You gotta love the little side story. I don't even remember where I got this from, but it IS funny. I want to give some asshole gout.
· Some associates in Amsterdam swear by a more herbal method to alleviate the drunkard’s doldrums -- a nice, big doobie. They say that pot settles their stomach, eases their headache and makes reruns of Alf hilarious.
Reruns of Alf, hilarious? I think that might require more than pot.
MY own comments, of course. I LIKE this cure. Everyone should use this cure.
· Apparently, Russians like heavily salted cucumber juice or black bread soaked in water, and also recommend eating pickled gherkins or tomatoes and drinking some of the juice to quell the vodka blues.
Meh. I do like salt. But cucumber juice?
· A Haitian girl I once dated believed the best rummy’s remedy is to stick 13 black-headed pins in the cork of the bottle that gave you the hangover. (Consequently, I didn’t believe her, but when we broke up I had a headache for two weeks, got a case of the gout and my hamster died -- it was weird.)
You gotta love the little side story. I don't even remember where I got this from, but it IS funny. I want to give some asshole gout.
· Some associates in Amsterdam swear by a more herbal method to alleviate the drunkard’s doldrums -- a nice, big doobie. They say that pot settles their stomach, eases their headache and makes reruns of Alf hilarious.
Reruns of Alf, hilarious? I think that might require more than pot.
Comments
It's easier to wish when I don't know anyone with it.