Funny Derek stories
A LONG TIME AGO!
Before Derek even went to Portland....I was putting him to bed and "This Love came on the radio, and I started softly singing along with it, and he was like...what? You know this song?
I always get a kick out of it when he realizes that something he LIKES is something I like and that I am even aware of.
Unless it's Mario and then he just sounds disbelieving, and I take it like...what? A GIRL can't play nintendo? Maybe just a mom, but I'm always like OF COURSE I CAN. JEEZ.
And I noticed that he kicks out a lot with his legs. Maybe like a ninja =). But I started copying him the other day and he was like what are you doing? And I said..I'm kicking. Just like you do.
Cause I noticed that it kinda feels cool, the swing of the leg from back to front. Gravity and the fight against it!
He wasn't very impressed and thought I was doing it wrong. I asked how and he said that HE doesn't kick that high and what if I kicked someone in the head. I could see his point, he's about head kicking level, but jeez! I DO know how to kick away from my own kid thank you.
Do you know what?
He hasn't been doing it as much. I think I ruined it for him. Which...well, I'm happy I don't have to tell him to walk normally every five seconds, but I'm sad that I squashed his enthusiasm, when it was fun to kick like that. =(
Maybe he'll start again. I'm keeping my eyes out.
Before Derek even went to Portland....I was putting him to bed and "This Love came on the radio, and I started softly singing along with it, and he was like...what? You know this song?
I always get a kick out of it when he realizes that something he LIKES is something I like and that I am even aware of.
Unless it's Mario and then he just sounds disbelieving, and I take it like...what? A GIRL can't play nintendo? Maybe just a mom, but I'm always like OF COURSE I CAN. JEEZ.
And I noticed that he kicks out a lot with his legs. Maybe like a ninja =). But I started copying him the other day and he was like what are you doing? And I said..I'm kicking. Just like you do.
Cause I noticed that it kinda feels cool, the swing of the leg from back to front. Gravity and the fight against it!
He wasn't very impressed and thought I was doing it wrong. I asked how and he said that HE doesn't kick that high and what if I kicked someone in the head. I could see his point, he's about head kicking level, but jeez! I DO know how to kick away from my own kid thank you.
Do you know what?
He hasn't been doing it as much. I think I ruined it for him. Which...well, I'm happy I don't have to tell him to walk normally every five seconds, but I'm sad that I squashed his enthusiasm, when it was fun to kick like that. =(
Maybe he'll start again. I'm keeping my eyes out.
Comments
Maybe he'll forget and do it again?