I am an oyster

Do you remember when you were a little kid and nothing seemed to faze you that much?

It's interesting how as I get older and more used to this body that I can FEEL my blood pressure rising. I can FEEL the reaction my body gives off to the stress. I can FEEL little pains more and more. Such as the weird gas pains. It's not like I've just developed them, you'd think.

Weird ways my stomach moves, like...almost feels like a baby moving around, but I KNOW better.
I swear it's some kind of joke on us. As we get older, we become more in tune. Which just makes us more annoyed. I'd have preferred to get the weird little pains as a child, so that they didn't annoy me more as an adult. Especially since I am already too annoyed most times.

Like when the new girl needs to fax something. She brings it up here and stands behind me and eats chips or something. Like....are you THAT hungry? Can you not wait until you go back down to your desk in five minutes? Do you need to CHOMP right behind me?
Or how the phones seem to ring OFF the hook after the other person leaves. It's fine, but all of the sudden, FOUR people call all at once and they ALL want to talk to the computer department. Which is short handed, like usual, cause EVERYONE in their department calls in sick every other day. Ok, not everyone. But it's regularly a problem. I don't see why they can't add on an extra person. They are the busiest
department, they should plan for it.
Then people are in and out, slamming the damn door while I am trying to hear the phone.
It's just bad customer service. Phone calls are ignored in favor of the customers inside the store, they bounce back to the receptionist a couple of times. We page and they sit on hold for too long and often people will just HANG UP. I don't blame them, I would too. The solution they've tried?
Getting people to give you their names and phone numbers, or asking them to call back in 15 minutes. I wouldn't give my phone number out to a store when all I want is a simple question answered. I'd call someone else.
Now...I know that my company isn't STUPID, so I can't imagine how they haven't fixed it yet. I hope people are complaining about it. Cause it's DAMN frustrating to us, especially when we'll get so frustrated cause no one will pick up a call, and no one has told us they were busy. So all we can think is people are IGNORING the customers down there. Until we finally get one of them on the phone. By then we are irritated and they are irritated and often we snap at each other.

To top it all off, I've got some kind of weird fax that comes through and it sounds like an old scratchy record. Where it only makes a noise once every revolution. At least it isn't the high pitched squeaky deal, but it's still annoying.
I hate being a receptionist.
I've just come back from vacation and I want a vacation.

Which brings it all back to me being an oyster. I'm easily irritated.

Comments

Brandy said…
I think you should just stab her.
SWSNBN said…
I'm thinking that that might get me fired, if not thrown in jail.
But thanks for the idea. =)

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.