Do you have to let it linger?

I heard the Cranberries this morning. Linger..I really love that song. Most of the people I know don't. They'll groan when it comes on and I make them listen to it anyhow.
Cause I am NICE like that.

This morning, it made me think of (instead of BOYS, like usual, and pointless crushes, cause a LOT of songs make me think of those things...but lyrics like. You know, I'm such a fool for you, you've got me wrapped around your finger, don't help. Those lyrics could mean little else.)
But instead, it reminded me of Christina.
Beautiful Christina who was in Spanish with me. I was a freshman and she was a sophomore. I remember thinking...wow, how wise she was. Ha ha. I know. We sat next to each other and she was SUPER friendly, even though I wasn't necessarily popular. We bonded over this guy's bubble butt. He was her age and we liked how round his butt was. His name was Aaron and he was blond and well. he had a nice butt.

We would giggle so much in that class and I felt so special, that she even would talk to me, a petty freshman.
And she was just SO nice.
One day, school started late and I didn't tell my mom. I was relegated to the house back then. Didn't go anywhere unless it was too school. Cause otherwise she would need me to watch the kids so she could leave and ride her bike wherever.
Like down to the store to play Keno, or over to white bird to look through their clothing.
Important stuff like that. (I'm a little bitter, seeing as how all I wanted was to hang out at someone's house after school sometimes.)
To be completely fair, I got to go out a little. Just not as much as I saw other people doing.

But this one morning, we had a late start, so I headed out to Christina's house, and she made me up! Curled my hair, did my make-up, giggled over nothing.
I might have been her "project", but she didn't make me feel that way. We were just two friends, hanging out and she was showing me what I could really do. I'd hardly wore make-up and curling my hair usually didn't work as I would've liked.
While I sat in her bedroom, getting made up, we listened to the Cranberries. I don't know if it was that particular CD, I kinda think it was No Need to Argue, but just hearing the Cranberries reminded me of that.
My super cool friend who was trying to make me less of a dork.
(I'm sure that's not the way she saw it, as it always felt to me like she was just being nice, but now I'm like...god, I was a dork. And she was nice anyhow)

I half wonder if that isn't the reason I became such a "mother" to some friends. Like Molly, or Alexis, or a few others. Course I was a mother-type before that. But maybe it strengthened it? I was always the one who made friends with the people who didn't have any friends, cause EVERYONE needs FRIENDS. That's right.
Most of the time they didn't deserve the treatment they got.
Sometimes they did. For one girl, I even moved into her locker, so we could be locker buddies. No one seemed to like her and I DIDN'T KNOW WHY. She seemed awesome to me.
Then she found my cigarettes (and by FOUND, I mean rifled through my purse which was in OUR locker. Not hers though, MINE. Don't go through my shit.)
and some Tylenol (Cause I used to be the queen of headaches - funny, they stopped after I moved out of my house.) and put the pills in the cellophane. I was confused when it was break and someone needed Tylenol. I was like..I didn't put the pills in there, but I gave them to my friend and thought little else of it.
Until one of the teachers was like...we heard you had cigarettes and pills in your purse.
Which was when I realized who must have told and I got a little pissed.
I got in BIG trouble for that and I'd only smoked like ONE CIGARETTE OUT OF THAT PACK.

So...I moved out of her locker and gave out her locker combination to everyone.
The lesson? Don't go through my crap. Don't tell on your friends. Don't get them detention.
Also, Don't piss me off. Apparently, I do mean things.

Comments

Brandy said…
hahaha :)
Wicked.
SWSNBN said…
Yeah, I'm mean. I didn't really know that until I did that.
I might have even put a kick me sign on her back?

That was middle school, so the memory is a little rocky.

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.