Smile (light and fluffy, no feelings here)

I liked this song when I had only heard the chorus.
The devil in me still likes it, but WHOA.

"At first, when I see you cry, it makes me smile.
At worst, I'll feel bad for awhile, but then I just smile, I go ahead and smile."

First of all, HURRAY for MTV. Without it's movies awards, I would not have downloaded the 7 or 8 new songs on my iPod.
Or knew about them. Well, I'd heard of some of them, but it helped when I heard them, and then went on a downloading spree. I need to make Tara some CDs, so I'll be downloading more. At least I managed to finally take enough pictures to fill up a CD, and make more space on the computer.
That hard drive really doesn't have enough space. Not for us.
So, we don't know. Maybe we'll buy a new hard drive next year when I can, or maybe we'll get a whole new computer. This one is getting louder and louder, and then we could have one in the living room for Derek to play with.
Every time a big speck of dust gets caught in one of the fans, it ticks alarmingly. Like my computer is a time bomb waiting to go off.
I actually stroke it and call it baby to try and get it to comply. It can't die before I can afford a new one.

And now I call upon the impressive computer smarts of anyone I know. Would it be better to build our own computer, or would we be better off buying a really cheap Dell? I'm not willing to spend over a thousand dollars, one way or the other. I don't know how much cheaper it is to build your own, but I don't want to buy a Dell and have a repeat of the Compaq I bought. I'd like something, since I can be picky, that is really fast (I have no patience level), that has a HUGE hard drive, and that can take my abuse.
Let me know what you think. I'd like to plan this thing to the very last detail, since that is all I can do about it at this point.

As for the ticking in the computer? It usually stops, but the first couple of times Ben actually took the cover off and cleaned out the fans. We just don't want to do that every damn time. We shouldn't have to. Unless we've worn out a fan? Presumably, the computer would not work well without it.
Now that I've gone so far as to get an iPod, I really can't have the computer crapping out on me, then I would never be able to switch out the music.
In other news?
I'm SO DONE TYPING. My hand is starting to hurt, the one that I type in all my numbers at work with. It only hurts after long bouts of typing.
Not a good sign though, so I'm done.
For now.

Comments

Jenn said…
Well i know my husband would say build your own.I got a cheapo emachine and just upgraded it, not as spiffy as the mans PC but it is better than i had before, which was nothing.
AnywhereEden said…
Right now... you should definitely build your own! All the new computers being sold right now come with Vista. And it's still so buggy right now that it's just not a good idea. Either wait a year or two till a few Vista service packs come out, or build your own and put XP on it.
SWSNBN said…
Jenn-I just want something with more space, and maybe runs a little faster, but I'm not terribly picky otherwise, which is why I thought I could buy a cheap one. Nice to know your's hasn't crapped out. I hate Compaq, and am forever ruined by the crappiness of that computer. My keyboard and my mouse are still both Compaq though. Hee hee.

Ariel-I've heard Vista sucks and I definitely don't want to get something that sucks. I waited until BARELY after 2000 to even buy my old crappy computer, just to make sure they weren't right about all the computers going crazy. I guess I'm a little paranoid. =)
I'm wondering if we can build our own though, and how much would it run me to build a semi-cheap computer? I'd have to buy everything right? The case and motherboard and all that stuff?
Do they have some magical checklists of parts to buy that will insure you get everything you actually need? *laughs*

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.