Hurray for phone calls!
Friday, in between my manic blog postings, Ariel called me.
We managed to find enough to talk about for 45 minutes. Made me feel like I was back in high school when I would do things like that. Nowadays, I avoid that phone like I avoid talking to the talker at work.
It was very nice to have someone to talk with while the boys were gone and before the Emmy's officially came on. After much talking about nothing much in particular, we figured out some birthday plans. YAY! I have PLANS. She has offered to come down on my birthday and baby-sit. I have the day after off, so that works out well for me. I can at least have dinner, and maybe a drink or two downtown before I head home. And then I'll get to come home and see Ariel! All in all, a pretty awesome birthday. It'll be like my own personal party, like those personal pan pizzas.
Hopefully she won't run screaming the minute I get back. Derek has been something else lately.
He did well at the Magic thing, which they didn't get back from until slightly after midnight. I was about 45 minutes into my horror movie when they got back. So it didn't work quite as well as hoped, but well enough.
Saturday? He was AWFUL. We went and got shoes, two new pairs even, spent more then I wanted to, but that's life.
We visited Tammy for a bit, as he kept going on and on about Josh, plus it was nice to just sit in the kitchen and talk. Cruz was all clean shaven and when we got home, Ben was like...was it just me, or does he look like Carlos Mencia? I was like HE DOES!
And he's funny like Carlos as well, so yay for Tammy.
Funny is good, plus Carlos isn't a bad looking guy.
In any case, everything was fine there, complete meltdown didn't happen until we got downtown and CD/Game exchange had just closed. He LOST IT and started yelling at the bus station. I tried to reason with him, but that just made it worse. When it gets to that point, we just feed off each other and neither of us will calm down easily.
He wanted to sell some games, and I was explaining how life doesn't always work that way, for instance, we had just had to buy shoes when I hadn't planned on it, and might have liked to have spent my money otherwise. He looks at me, and says "Well, if you HATE me, than maybe you should get rid of me". And started crying. Of course.
In any case, Ben was able to calm him down, and explain that if staying up late the night before causes this kind of problem, then MAYBE they wouldn't do it anymore.
I don't know that that really worked, but Derek didn't get more bent out of shape, which gives me hope.
Sunday? We did NOTHING. Well, I did some laundry and folding.
I slept like crap last night, but there isn't much I can do about it. When I call in sick on Monday, people get all snipy. Plus, I'm hoping to rack up some over time to get out of here earlier on Friday and get to Sidney's party before 7 when I know I have to leave at 10. Not much "party" time.
Not a horrible weekend, but not the best at some points. Visiting was good, spending all of the rest of my excess pay check was bad. (I got a raise! Which I don't think I mentioned here. Just a merit raise, not expected and they raised it a buck, which is REALLY unexpected around here)
Ben, as usual, was fantastic and at least made Derek feel better after we both went psycho downtown.
Saturday night was fun. We just hung out and talked together. He tried to get me to watch a movie, and I side stepped and listened to some music. I would have just fallen asleep during the movie anyhow.
Next weekend? Should be awesome. Sidney's party, seeing people I don't usually see, Derek's in Portland (so only my drama, none of his. LOL) and I have Monday off. Derek gets back Sunday, so we have Saturday free to do as we please. Maybe we'll FINALLY get to watch the Aqua Teen movie.
We managed to find enough to talk about for 45 minutes. Made me feel like I was back in high school when I would do things like that. Nowadays, I avoid that phone like I avoid talking to the talker at work.
It was very nice to have someone to talk with while the boys were gone and before the Emmy's officially came on. After much talking about nothing much in particular, we figured out some birthday plans. YAY! I have PLANS. She has offered to come down on my birthday and baby-sit. I have the day after off, so that works out well for me. I can at least have dinner, and maybe a drink or two downtown before I head home. And then I'll get to come home and see Ariel! All in all, a pretty awesome birthday. It'll be like my own personal party, like those personal pan pizzas.
Hopefully she won't run screaming the minute I get back. Derek has been something else lately.
He did well at the Magic thing, which they didn't get back from until slightly after midnight. I was about 45 minutes into my horror movie when they got back. So it didn't work quite as well as hoped, but well enough.
Saturday? He was AWFUL. We went and got shoes, two new pairs even, spent more then I wanted to, but that's life.
We visited Tammy for a bit, as he kept going on and on about Josh, plus it was nice to just sit in the kitchen and talk. Cruz was all clean shaven and when we got home, Ben was like...was it just me, or does he look like Carlos Mencia? I was like HE DOES!
And he's funny like Carlos as well, so yay for Tammy.
Funny is good, plus Carlos isn't a bad looking guy.
In any case, everything was fine there, complete meltdown didn't happen until we got downtown and CD/Game exchange had just closed. He LOST IT and started yelling at the bus station. I tried to reason with him, but that just made it worse. When it gets to that point, we just feed off each other and neither of us will calm down easily.
He wanted to sell some games, and I was explaining how life doesn't always work that way, for instance, we had just had to buy shoes when I hadn't planned on it, and might have liked to have spent my money otherwise. He looks at me, and says "Well, if you HATE me, than maybe you should get rid of me". And started crying. Of course.
In any case, Ben was able to calm him down, and explain that if staying up late the night before causes this kind of problem, then MAYBE they wouldn't do it anymore.
I don't know that that really worked, but Derek didn't get more bent out of shape, which gives me hope.
Sunday? We did NOTHING. Well, I did some laundry and folding.
I slept like crap last night, but there isn't much I can do about it. When I call in sick on Monday, people get all snipy. Plus, I'm hoping to rack up some over time to get out of here earlier on Friday and get to Sidney's party before 7 when I know I have to leave at 10. Not much "party" time.
Not a horrible weekend, but not the best at some points. Visiting was good, spending all of the rest of my excess pay check was bad. (I got a raise! Which I don't think I mentioned here. Just a merit raise, not expected and they raised it a buck, which is REALLY unexpected around here)
Ben, as usual, was fantastic and at least made Derek feel better after we both went psycho downtown.
Saturday night was fun. We just hung out and talked together. He tried to get me to watch a movie, and I side stepped and listened to some music. I would have just fallen asleep during the movie anyhow.
Next weekend? Should be awesome. Sidney's party, seeing people I don't usually see, Derek's in Portland (so only my drama, none of his. LOL) and I have Monday off. Derek gets back Sunday, so we have Saturday free to do as we please. Maybe we'll FINALLY get to watch the Aqua Teen movie.
Comments
Totally random, but you had some darned cute earrings on when you came by.
Copy and paste, cause the stupid image won't transfer. Stupid blog comments.
It's really not as much of a resemblance as I thought, looking at this picture, but there is some resemblance. =)
And thanks, I love those earrings. Ben bought them, he has good taste.
Um.
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=
tbn:e6UZH7uxamSwbM:http://www.
fresnobeehive.com/archives/upload
/2006/07/DSCF0506.JPG
Damn. Maybe that will work. Links are lengthy.