Nine, Ten, Never sleep again.

The boys aren't back yet, so you get more of my inanity.
They are having a grand time and called to let me know they weren't catching the bus home so they will be home later.

Hoping to draw them home, much as the bus comes when you finally decide you can smoke a cigarette, I put on a horror movie. Since Ben hates them so much, I figure they'll be home any time now.
In any case, I scanned all my horror movies, and I think I need more. The Grudge, well, it might be too much right now, and the rest sounded stupid.
So I went for classic horror, and picked out a Nightmare on Elm Street one. I think paying for the full set was very smart of me.
I thought about watching number 2, briefly, but then realized that I would be filled with loathing about ten minutes into it. Though I do like the bus scene. That's a freaky dream.
5 is rather cheesy, 6 is ok, New Nightmare is freaky, but I wanted something different than that.
Number 1? Awesome and Johnny Depp to boot. But I've seen at least part of that one pretty recently. Which left me with number 3 and number 4. I'd be hard pressed to tell you which I like more out of those two, I think it depends on my mood. On one hand, who the hell is this Kirstin recast in number 4? We can't get Patricia Arquette for both? I had some vested concern for her well being from number 3.
I really do love Alice and how much she kicks ass in number 4. What decided me was that I really like how they can all use their dreams to their advantage to "beat" Freddy ultimately, plus I REALLY like Patricia Arquette and Heather Langenkamp, plus you get LARRY Fishburne, though he doesn't look anything like Morpheus in this movie. LOL. I like all the Arquettes, ever since I saw Rosanna in Desperately Seeking Susan. There's another movie I should own, though not a true horror. Maybe the 80's acting was horrific, but it's not a horror film, technically.
I do also own Freddy vs. Jason, but it doesn't FEEL like a Nightmare on Elm Street movie and it really isn't.

What I should buy though?
Some Hellraiser. That's full of sex, blood, and puzzles.
Even Ben will watch those ones.
Ok, off to pay better attention to the movie and maybe curl up under a blanket. YAY screaming!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.