How do you reach someone who doesn't want to be reached?

I've been wondering for the past couple of days (in true "boss" fashion) how you can actually get across to someone that they can't keep fucking up when they don't really care. I'm not sure if stupid girl is trying to get fired, or what, but she really DOESN'T CARE. At all.
And I know from dealing with Derek that sometimes you got to "hit 'em where it hurts". The boy could care less about being in trouble until it gets to the point of no video game time, or going to bed early. I mean, he doesn't like time outs, but those are warranted, until he calms the hell down.
By that time, he's not thinking that he can get ouft of it anyway, so instead he just gets more obstinate, until we make a move towards him and then he RUNS into his room and shuts (slams) the door. At that point, I don't care about the slamming as long as he is OUT OF MY SIGHT. Yes, it is usually to that point by the time we get to room time out.

But how do you make a employees work, or even show up, if they don't give a crap? Ideally, the person would just quit, but she doesn't seem to want to. Yet, she doesn't seem to want to be here either.
I just don't understand.
I sicced my boss' boss on her. She's nice enough, so it won't be like feeding her to the dogs, but SOMEONE has got to get through to her. I'm supposed to work another Saturday with her in August (if she is still here, by some miracle) and if she doesn't show up, I'm gonna stab a bitch.
Not really, obviously. I will only wish I could.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.