Derek is amazing, in all sorts of ways.

He's been trying to guilt trip me lately and using a LOT of always and never. The other day he said that since the Dollar store had things in there that were more than a dollar, ALL stores that say "dollar" in them are rip offs. False advertising or something? Except some of them are true. No amount of explaining made him believe it.
Then when I argue about something, or think that he isn't quite on the up and up, he says "You NEVER believe me."
It's hard to believe or take seriously, some things he says, so I guess he's right.
Like when his throat stings when he breaths. These kind of things only happen right before he is supposed to go to bed. What do you do for throat stinging anyhow? I don't know. He tells me a lot that his chest hurts, and I think he might have indigestion, or heartburn, but I think he's convinced he is having a heart attack. He's NINE. There is no way he's having a heart attack, and I have no idea what they could do to prove that he isn't. X-rays?
I think they'd just look at me like I was crazy if I told them that SOMETIMES his chest hurts, and I don't ever know WHEN. The thing is, often he'll say something like that right after he's been BOUNCING around, and not looking sick at all.
So, again, it's hard to believe or take seriously.

I tried to explain how using "never" or "always" statements are a bad idea and that they are usually a lie, in effect. To which he went to the extreme and said..."well, I'd NEVER kill my mom". What the hell do you say to that?
I was like...well, in that case, that would be truth, but only because he was so specific and extreme.
Maybe he's morbid like me? We talk about all sorts of things, like rabies and having to shoot your dog, to people losing consciousness, to ghosts, to earwigs (you KNOW the urban legend, and it is fucking creepy) until he's like...ok, now I'm getting freaked out. And then we stop. Maybe he's been watching too much "most extreme" on Animal Planet?
I don't know, but I have a sneaking suspicion that we are heading head long into less innocent years than the ones we've had before where we never talked about death and cats and dogs dying. It's a fact of life, so I'm glad he knows it, but I still mourn the innocence lost.

Comments

Jenn said…
Tell him his stomach probably hurts BECAUSE he was bouncing around. LOL
SWSNBN said…
I do, he doesn't believe me.

And it's not always right after bouncing around, in all honesty.

I think we are just annoying the hell out of each other right now. I see me not helping the situation, but I can't seem to just stand back like Ben does and let his attitude blow over.

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.