Jenn has Band-Aids
(I am at lunch, and therefore, not going to get fired. LOL.)
A month later, I might actually be able to put enough time aside here to actually write about our "Not-the-mama trip", one of the few non-mundane areas of my life. I can actually write about something exciting and not just my thoughts.
The mantra of the trip became "Jenn has band-aids". It's one of those great "you had to be there" moments. I think it's funny as hell, and still makes me smile when I think about band aids. We left on that Saturday (so long ago) fairly early. At least fairly early for me.
I was presented with bacon cheese sticks! It was amazing. I do love me some bacon. We stopped for coffee where I was given the theological coffee cup. I got that one both times we hit Starbucks. Very weird.
We stopped for Sushi at Sushiland, where Tara took a picture of Brandy and I, where it looks like I'm terrified. I'll have to see if I can't crop Brandy out, cause it was a good picture of her. I just look like a lamb being led off to slaughter.
We caused a commotion there, I guess the edamame wasn't up to par? We had at least 2 waiters (well, one was a waiter, one was a waitress, if you want to be technical) come and taste them. It was funny. But the floor was really sticky, which was a little weird.
And the bathroom had graffiti ETCHED into into the wall, not just written. Someone hates Sushiland, apparently. You've all seen the pictures. If you haven't, well then you don't know what I mean. Go look at them
Then we were off to this huge Asian market. I did not take a picture of the outside, so I do not remember what it was called, I was too busy taking illegal pictures inside of it. They had a HUGE Totoro, but it was 60 or 80 dollars. Maybe if it was actual size, I would pay that, but it wasn't Totoro size, only bigger than most stuffed animals.
They even had a Catbus keychain, but I didn't want to pay 15 dollars for it, even though I love Catbus.
They had some yummy looking sushi, I couldn't quite keep my eyes off it. We wanted to take a picture of the dragon above our cashier's head (he said he made it himself. Did he? I don't know), but that's when he said you weren't supposed to take pictures. I'm not sure how they had missed all of the flashing from my camera
that had already taken place, but I wasn't about to be like.."I already did" and get myself in trouble.
Then on to Astoria.
Which is a small town. I had no idea. Jake grew up there and he was always talking about the hills, but that was about all I could remember. No insider tips to help us out. We had a lot of thoughts on what to do, but the Trolley only ran sometimes? They didn't even say what times it left, just between this time and that time, WHEN WEATHER PERMITTED. Seems to me that the Trolley would never run under those circumstances.
The hotel was the BOMB though. I mean, a POOL and a hot tub! Right at our disposal?
I LOVE pools, and only wish I wasn't too self conscious to get in most. I also wish I had a bathing suit. My tank top kept floating up, and then I would have to tug it down. No free shows for random hotel guests, sorry!
We had dinner at this Italian place, which was very fancy. As were the prices, but my Fettuccine was yummy enough to cost that. I should have brought gas pills though, cause the next couple of hours were a little uncomfortable. I kept feeling like..if I could just burp, I'd be good. If I could have farted even.
I didn't even eat the whole thing. This just makes me more inclined to believe I am somewhat Lactose intolerant. Or maybe I just get gas at highly inopportune moments?
We went back to the hotel after wandering Astoria and finding awesome signs, and some questionably named buildings (who names their building the head shop?), which made us giggle.
After a short rest, we got ready to go hit the karaoke bar. It was like kismet, the bar was only a couple of blocks away and they had karaoke that night! I got a yummy Long Island Iced Tea, and the lady cuts you off after two. Which is good, cause I
just got a little buzzed. The bar was filled with the regulars, which made me feel a little uncomfortable. They would KNOW we were not "their kind" or something. I'm not sure what I was thinking.
In any case, no one paid that much attention to us.
This karaoke bar had a karaoke family. Whose names I'll never remember, but Grandma, Grandpa, Mom, Dad, and Daughter (the DJ) all sang. Almost in a row. It was awesome. I'd love to have a singing family. They also had a chalk board in the bathroom, conceivably to cut down on the graffiti? It was a fantastic idea, cause we giggled a lot while in there. We scared the poor DJ, cause Tara and I were in there together, and she was all like..whoa.
Hee hee. Scaring the "normals" was a long forgotten treat.
Jenn drew an awesome Trogdor (with consummate V's) that I neglected to take a picture of. My drinking buzz had eradicated the whole memory of my camera in my pocket. LOL.
I added on "burninating the peasants" when I went in later. If any of them get it, it would be SO funny.
We headed back to the hotel, everyone in great spirits.
How much fun was it trying to get giggly, somewhat tipsy girls home? And then Tara started to giggle and go down, but I was trying to save Brandy, I didn't know which way to go. I think we all helped Tara, so it was ok. Then the mad dash to figure out where her cigarette was and if it was burning any of us. LOL.
We got back and sat around for a bit before deciding the pool and hot tub would be a good idea. We got shushed in there, unfortunately. We were only having fun. I was just swimming back and forth in the pool, as I figured I didn't need the hot tub to add to my buzz. I think I would have LIVED in the pool if I had been able to.
I think we went to bed sometime around 1 or so?
It was weird, sleeping somewhere else. It was so quiet, and every move I made, I was sure I was waking up Brandy.
She didn't beat me when we woke up though, so it must not have been too bad. I woke up to Tara talking (in her sleep! *giggle*) about how we had to make sure to make the check out time. That freaked me out so I woke up. Jenn was already up, so we had some coffee and tried to be quiet. It's so almost impossible for me to sleep when other people are up, so I just gave up. We had their breakfast, which was ok, but not anything fancy. They should have had PLATTERS of bacon, just bacon and I would have been happy. Hee hee.
We were out of there almost an hour early, we're so awesome.
We headed back this way, and saw more and more weird signs, so that was cool. We headed down the coast line, and I got some great pictures of the ocean that I love.
Then! Then! The cheese! Samples, and we got to watch, and so many cows. So much excitement.
They had awesome stuff in the gift department, and they even had a few people working, which I didn't expect.
I bought some good cheese, which Brandy was nice enough to bring to me when I completely forgot it in her car.
Due to a change in plans, we headed back up to Seaside to hit the beach, and I have to tell you, I've NEVER seen a beach so crowded. It is definitely a tourist beach. I didn't go IN the water, but I walked on the beach and talked with Jenn. We NEEDED to be by the water. We don't get to go often enough for our liking, I guess.
After that, we had lunch at KFC, where they DIDN'T HAVE ANY BREAST PIECES or Extra Crispy. HOW DOES KFC NOT HAVE EXTRA CRISPY? Lack of planning, people.
Then? A bunch of driving. A bunch of rest stops, not a whole lot to talk about. Though I did get a nice sunset picture at one of the rest stops.
I got home with about a half hour to spare before my kid went to bed. He was SO happy to see me. He was like..."This is a good day, now that you are home."
He's so melodramatic. I don't know where he gets that from. HA HA.
That's it. That was my last fun thing that I did where I actually went away from my house and did something entirely for my own benefit. Only a month ago. No wonder I'm getting antsy. LOL.
A month later, I might actually be able to put enough time aside here to actually write about our "Not-the-mama trip", one of the few non-mundane areas of my life. I can actually write about something exciting and not just my thoughts.
The mantra of the trip became "Jenn has band-aids". It's one of those great "you had to be there" moments. I think it's funny as hell, and still makes me smile when I think about band aids. We left on that Saturday (so long ago) fairly early. At least fairly early for me.
I was presented with bacon cheese sticks! It was amazing. I do love me some bacon. We stopped for coffee where I was given the theological coffee cup. I got that one both times we hit Starbucks. Very weird.
We stopped for Sushi at Sushiland, where Tara took a picture of Brandy and I, where it looks like I'm terrified. I'll have to see if I can't crop Brandy out, cause it was a good picture of her. I just look like a lamb being led off to slaughter.
We caused a commotion there, I guess the edamame wasn't up to par? We had at least 2 waiters (well, one was a waiter, one was a waitress, if you want to be technical) come and taste them. It was funny. But the floor was really sticky, which was a little weird.
And the bathroom had graffiti ETCHED into into the wall, not just written. Someone hates Sushiland, apparently. You've all seen the pictures. If you haven't, well then you don't know what I mean. Go look at them
Then we were off to this huge Asian market. I did not take a picture of the outside, so I do not remember what it was called, I was too busy taking illegal pictures inside of it. They had a HUGE Totoro, but it was 60 or 80 dollars. Maybe if it was actual size, I would pay that, but it wasn't Totoro size, only bigger than most stuffed animals.
They even had a Catbus keychain, but I didn't want to pay 15 dollars for it, even though I love Catbus.
They had some yummy looking sushi, I couldn't quite keep my eyes off it. We wanted to take a picture of the dragon above our cashier's head (he said he made it himself. Did he? I don't know), but that's when he said you weren't supposed to take pictures. I'm not sure how they had missed all of the flashing from my camera
that had already taken place, but I wasn't about to be like.."I already did" and get myself in trouble.
Then on to Astoria.
Which is a small town. I had no idea. Jake grew up there and he was always talking about the hills, but that was about all I could remember. No insider tips to help us out. We had a lot of thoughts on what to do, but the Trolley only ran sometimes? They didn't even say what times it left, just between this time and that time, WHEN WEATHER PERMITTED. Seems to me that the Trolley would never run under those circumstances.
The hotel was the BOMB though. I mean, a POOL and a hot tub! Right at our disposal?
I LOVE pools, and only wish I wasn't too self conscious to get in most. I also wish I had a bathing suit. My tank top kept floating up, and then I would have to tug it down. No free shows for random hotel guests, sorry!
We had dinner at this Italian place, which was very fancy. As were the prices, but my Fettuccine was yummy enough to cost that. I should have brought gas pills though, cause the next couple of hours were a little uncomfortable. I kept feeling like..if I could just burp, I'd be good. If I could have farted even.
I didn't even eat the whole thing. This just makes me more inclined to believe I am somewhat Lactose intolerant. Or maybe I just get gas at highly inopportune moments?
We went back to the hotel after wandering Astoria and finding awesome signs, and some questionably named buildings (who names their building the head shop?), which made us giggle.
After a short rest, we got ready to go hit the karaoke bar. It was like kismet, the bar was only a couple of blocks away and they had karaoke that night! I got a yummy Long Island Iced Tea, and the lady cuts you off after two. Which is good, cause I
just got a little buzzed. The bar was filled with the regulars, which made me feel a little uncomfortable. They would KNOW we were not "their kind" or something. I'm not sure what I was thinking.
In any case, no one paid that much attention to us.
This karaoke bar had a karaoke family. Whose names I'll never remember, but Grandma, Grandpa, Mom, Dad, and Daughter (the DJ) all sang. Almost in a row. It was awesome. I'd love to have a singing family. They also had a chalk board in the bathroom, conceivably to cut down on the graffiti? It was a fantastic idea, cause we giggled a lot while in there. We scared the poor DJ, cause Tara and I were in there together, and she was all like..whoa.
Hee hee. Scaring the "normals" was a long forgotten treat.
Jenn drew an awesome Trogdor (with consummate V's) that I neglected to take a picture of. My drinking buzz had eradicated the whole memory of my camera in my pocket. LOL.
I added on "burninating the peasants" when I went in later. If any of them get it, it would be SO funny.
We headed back to the hotel, everyone in great spirits.
How much fun was it trying to get giggly, somewhat tipsy girls home? And then Tara started to giggle and go down, but I was trying to save Brandy, I didn't know which way to go. I think we all helped Tara, so it was ok. Then the mad dash to figure out where her cigarette was and if it was burning any of us. LOL.
We got back and sat around for a bit before deciding the pool and hot tub would be a good idea. We got shushed in there, unfortunately. We were only having fun. I was just swimming back and forth in the pool, as I figured I didn't need the hot tub to add to my buzz. I think I would have LIVED in the pool if I had been able to.
I think we went to bed sometime around 1 or so?
It was weird, sleeping somewhere else. It was so quiet, and every move I made, I was sure I was waking up Brandy.
She didn't beat me when we woke up though, so it must not have been too bad. I woke up to Tara talking (in her sleep! *giggle*) about how we had to make sure to make the check out time. That freaked me out so I woke up. Jenn was already up, so we had some coffee and tried to be quiet. It's so almost impossible for me to sleep when other people are up, so I just gave up. We had their breakfast, which was ok, but not anything fancy. They should have had PLATTERS of bacon, just bacon and I would have been happy. Hee hee.
We were out of there almost an hour early, we're so awesome.
We headed back this way, and saw more and more weird signs, so that was cool. We headed down the coast line, and I got some great pictures of the ocean that I love.
Then! Then! The cheese! Samples, and we got to watch, and so many cows. So much excitement.
They had awesome stuff in the gift department, and they even had a few people working, which I didn't expect.
I bought some good cheese, which Brandy was nice enough to bring to me when I completely forgot it in her car.
Due to a change in plans, we headed back up to Seaside to hit the beach, and I have to tell you, I've NEVER seen a beach so crowded. It is definitely a tourist beach. I didn't go IN the water, but I walked on the beach and talked with Jenn. We NEEDED to be by the water. We don't get to go often enough for our liking, I guess.
After that, we had lunch at KFC, where they DIDN'T HAVE ANY BREAST PIECES or Extra Crispy. HOW DOES KFC NOT HAVE EXTRA CRISPY? Lack of planning, people.
Then? A bunch of driving. A bunch of rest stops, not a whole lot to talk about. Though I did get a nice sunset picture at one of the rest stops.
I got home with about a half hour to spare before my kid went to bed. He was SO happy to see me. He was like..."This is a good day, now that you are home."
He's so melodramatic. I don't know where he gets that from. HA HA.
That's it. That was my last fun thing that I did where I actually went away from my house and did something entirely for my own benefit. Only a month ago. No wonder I'm getting antsy. LOL.
Comments