This Has Got To Stop.
Originally posted Friday, April 4th.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just crawled into the back of my closet to look at my books and realized I liked "The Stand" so much that I’ve got two copies. I only bought one, but I encouraged Ben to buy me the other. Granted, one is a hardback, the other a paperback, so at least they aren’t exactly the same.
I’m a big fan of putting in roots and all that, but I’ve accumulated too much crap in the long run. I’m a bit of a pack rat, and I think I’m over compensating for those times when I was not able to have "things". Not extra things. I slept outside some times for god sakes. Not a whole lot of room for "things".
I would not be as annoyed by this if I had enough room to have this much stuff. LOL.
I am desperately racking my brain for a way in which I might actually have my bookcase somewhere where I can SEE it, and maybe not end up with two copies of books I already have. Next I’ll be buying another copy of "The Vampire Lestat", when I know damn well I already have it.
Except when I somehow forgot.
I’m also half convinced that I have more books somewhere. It seems to me like I’ve had more Stephen King books than I can find right now. I’m wondering if I packed them and have yet to unpack them. All my guilty pleasure V.C. Andrews books are in a box in the garage. Not that I really NEED to display them, but maybe I put another box of books out there that I don’t remember?
Cause the bookcase that is crammed into the back of the closet is not exactly huge.
And I have a lot of books. On top of a lot of CDs. On top of two TVs. Do you see what I mean about too many "things"? Yet, I like my things.
Now I guess I just need a bigger house. lol.
Also, completely unrelated, it’s Friday and I’m already off work and I get to sit here and do nothing. I can watch a movie (maybe even a horror movie!), I can dink around on the computer (which is what I’ll probably end up doing), or I could just veg and watch TV.
It was a rough week. Crazy busy, hard time with a certain person at work, and it’s just tiring. Meh.
I have shopping tomorrow (Tara is driving me! Yay!) morning and then I have a play date with Tammi after lunch. =)
Already I’ve managed to find a way to shop and visit in the same day, which would leave Sunday as a totally lazy day. =)
My favorite.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just crawled into the back of my closet to look at my books and realized I liked "The Stand" so much that I’ve got two copies. I only bought one, but I encouraged Ben to buy me the other. Granted, one is a hardback, the other a paperback, so at least they aren’t exactly the same.
I’m a big fan of putting in roots and all that, but I’ve accumulated too much crap in the long run. I’m a bit of a pack rat, and I think I’m over compensating for those times when I was not able to have "things". Not extra things. I slept outside some times for god sakes. Not a whole lot of room for "things".
I would not be as annoyed by this if I had enough room to have this much stuff. LOL.
I am desperately racking my brain for a way in which I might actually have my bookcase somewhere where I can SEE it, and maybe not end up with two copies of books I already have. Next I’ll be buying another copy of "The Vampire Lestat", when I know damn well I already have it.
Except when I somehow forgot.
I’m also half convinced that I have more books somewhere. It seems to me like I’ve had more Stephen King books than I can find right now. I’m wondering if I packed them and have yet to unpack them. All my guilty pleasure V.C. Andrews books are in a box in the garage. Not that I really NEED to display them, but maybe I put another box of books out there that I don’t remember?
Cause the bookcase that is crammed into the back of the closet is not exactly huge.
And I have a lot of books. On top of a lot of CDs. On top of two TVs. Do you see what I mean about too many "things"? Yet, I like my things.
Now I guess I just need a bigger house. lol.
Also, completely unrelated, it’s Friday and I’m already off work and I get to sit here and do nothing. I can watch a movie (maybe even a horror movie!), I can dink around on the computer (which is what I’ll probably end up doing), or I could just veg and watch TV.
It was a rough week. Crazy busy, hard time with a certain person at work, and it’s just tiring. Meh.
I have shopping tomorrow (Tara is driving me! Yay!) morning and then I have a play date with Tammi after lunch. =)
Already I’ve managed to find a way to shop and visit in the same day, which would leave Sunday as a totally lazy day. =)
My favorite.
Comments