"It Means Nothing, It Means Everything, It Means Something To Me...."
The computer is fixed. I KNEW that having a boyfriend would come in handy. LOL. Between him and his dad, they seem to have got it fixed. Both hard drives have been tested with no problems, thank goodness, as they are not that old. One is just over a year old, the other is only months old. I would have been pissed if that was the case.
Ben's dad's friend (is that confusing?) said that it's unlikely that the RAM is the real problem, so we were able to put the 512 back in, and now it seems to be running just fine.
He also mentioned that trying to buy RAM for this specific computer would be stupid, as it would cost more to find this kind of RAM than just buying a new computer.
So far, so good. Ben is still installing programs back onto the computer, but at least we were able to plug in our iPods and they worked.
Perhaps the funky little weird problems were just an impending sign of doom. Perhaps now that we've re-installed and started anew, we won't have the monitor go black for no reason. Or the blue screen and a memory dump for no reason.
Yay for a working computer, that's really all that matters. And we have a windows back up disc now, so we should not have this same problem again.
When Ben's dad came over, he brought what may be the last two things of Ben's that were still over there. The first item? Something very near and dear to my heart. Many thousands of years ago, or what just feels many of thousands of years ago, Ben and I were hanging out with Levi and Sandy. We were heading out to LCC to get money from Sandy's mom waiting at a bus stop on campus when Sandy pulled out her camera and decided that we needed to have a picture taken of us. Levi tried to get in on the action, but it's so very obvious that someone did not care to photograph him, cause all you get is part of his arm. What is the focus of the picture is Ben and myself. Ben, with his arm around me, all gangly and teenager-y. Myself with probably way too much makeup on, at least I'll use that as the excuse for why I look so damn pale in that photo. Thinking I was super cool, smoking a cigarette in the picture. I remember how I used to think that was cool, to be smoking in a picture. It probably doesn't help that I feel like I take dumb pictures, so anything to avoid posing. I'll just cover my face, thanks. Lol.
The boy has been in possession of this picture since I was 15 at least. 12 years. Neither of us knew, actually you could say that Ben liked me, and I was not sure if I liked him that way. I liked him as a friend, that much was true.
When we started getting really involved, I went out to his house for a hot tub visit while his parents were out of town. In his bedroom, he had this picture tacked up to this wall. Next to it? The other item left at his house (besides all the naked and half naked girl posters..those must still be somewhere. LOL!) a picture of his mom and dad, his dad's arm thrown around her shoulders, much like our picture.
Does anyone have any questions as to why I love this man? That was the sweetest thing that a guy has ever done in regards to me. It wasn't necessarily FOR me, but it made me feel good.
Besides everything else so sentimental about this picture and the placement of the picture, it's amazing to me that he managed to hold onto that picture for 12 years. I have some pictures that old, but only because my mom gave them to me. I guess when you run away from home, you don't keep much. It speaks to my heart that he kept this picture, this silly old picture. We both look like dorks, but he cared enough all that time to hold on to it. It mirrors my obsession with pictures and how many pictures I have of people who I rarely even see anymore.
That's my mushiness for the day. I have other things on my mind, and I have yet to make my music post about my angry music and why it fits my mood so well. I have a whole long (probably, haven't written it yet, but it FEELS long in my head) post about this show I'm watching and some things it really drove home to me. About the way it made me even prouder of myself and my accomplishments in life.
Anyhow. All of that later. The boys go out tomorrow, I have no money, so I shall be sitting at home, screwing around on the computer, and maybe then I can flesh out a couple of posts.
As for this picture? You can not see it because one of the programs not yet installed is Photoshop. Soon, I can say that much.
Ben's dad's friend (is that confusing?) said that it's unlikely that the RAM is the real problem, so we were able to put the 512 back in, and now it seems to be running just fine.
He also mentioned that trying to buy RAM for this specific computer would be stupid, as it would cost more to find this kind of RAM than just buying a new computer.
So far, so good. Ben is still installing programs back onto the computer, but at least we were able to plug in our iPods and they worked.
Perhaps the funky little weird problems were just an impending sign of doom. Perhaps now that we've re-installed and started anew, we won't have the monitor go black for no reason. Or the blue screen and a memory dump for no reason.
Yay for a working computer, that's really all that matters. And we have a windows back up disc now, so we should not have this same problem again.
When Ben's dad came over, he brought what may be the last two things of Ben's that were still over there. The first item? Something very near and dear to my heart. Many thousands of years ago, or what just feels many of thousands of years ago, Ben and I were hanging out with Levi and Sandy. We were heading out to LCC to get money from Sandy's mom waiting at a bus stop on campus when Sandy pulled out her camera and decided that we needed to have a picture taken of us. Levi tried to get in on the action, but it's so very obvious that someone did not care to photograph him, cause all you get is part of his arm. What is the focus of the picture is Ben and myself. Ben, with his arm around me, all gangly and teenager-y. Myself with probably way too much makeup on, at least I'll use that as the excuse for why I look so damn pale in that photo. Thinking I was super cool, smoking a cigarette in the picture. I remember how I used to think that was cool, to be smoking in a picture. It probably doesn't help that I feel like I take dumb pictures, so anything to avoid posing. I'll just cover my face, thanks. Lol.
The boy has been in possession of this picture since I was 15 at least. 12 years. Neither of us knew, actually you could say that Ben liked me, and I was not sure if I liked him that way. I liked him as a friend, that much was true.
When we started getting really involved, I went out to his house for a hot tub visit while his parents were out of town. In his bedroom, he had this picture tacked up to this wall. Next to it? The other item left at his house (besides all the naked and half naked girl posters..those must still be somewhere. LOL!) a picture of his mom and dad, his dad's arm thrown around her shoulders, much like our picture.
Does anyone have any questions as to why I love this man? That was the sweetest thing that a guy has ever done in regards to me. It wasn't necessarily FOR me, but it made me feel good.
Besides everything else so sentimental about this picture and the placement of the picture, it's amazing to me that he managed to hold onto that picture for 12 years. I have some pictures that old, but only because my mom gave them to me. I guess when you run away from home, you don't keep much. It speaks to my heart that he kept this picture, this silly old picture. We both look like dorks, but he cared enough all that time to hold on to it. It mirrors my obsession with pictures and how many pictures I have of people who I rarely even see anymore.
That's my mushiness for the day. I have other things on my mind, and I have yet to make my music post about my angry music and why it fits my mood so well. I have a whole long (probably, haven't written it yet, but it FEELS long in my head) post about this show I'm watching and some things it really drove home to me. About the way it made me even prouder of myself and my accomplishments in life.
Anyhow. All of that later. The boys go out tomorrow, I have no money, so I shall be sitting at home, screwing around on the computer, and maybe then I can flesh out a couple of posts.
As for this picture? You can not see it because one of the programs not yet installed is Photoshop. Soon, I can say that much.
Comments