"Last Night, I Couldn't Even Get An Answer"

Oh, how Heather hates that song. Ha ha.
Ben's dad was at my house when I got home at 7:20 or so.
He left around 10:30 or so. I'm a grumpy pants when my night's get messed around, but I tried really hard to reign it in, as he WAS doing us a favor.
And I'd like the computer to work. But I ended up eating dinner later than I wanted, I was already tired from sleeping like crap Sunday night (what else is new?) and I got grumpy.
I ended up staying up until 11:30 or so anyhow. I think I'm getting a sore throat. =(
I'd like to not be sick for this weekend, please.
Ben's dad's opinion?
"We should take the computer into the back yard and shoot it."
I got oddly defensive when he told me that. I mean, it's an inanimate object, I should not care about it's feelings, huh?
But you know what?
1. This computer has held out and been awesome for much longer than the computer I just finally finished paying for. Twice the amount that it may have been worth, although it feels like a thousand times the cost, since that thing was WORTHLESS.
2. This computer was FREE. It's awesome. It's worked fine up until now, with minimal taunting, and little blue screen of death action.
3. It's better than what I can afford, which is nothing right now.
So screw his opinion. I can't do anything else, only hope that this is completely fixable.
The good news? Ben's dad has an unlimited licensing on his Windows, so he can share with us, and we'll have a back up disc in case something just like this happens.
The better news? We were able to take the important stuff off the original hard drive to put on the newer one, so that we won't lose many files.
The bad news? We have to re-install. Actually, we already did re-install. And McAfee won't run because we don't have 256 MB of RAM, as Ben's dad decided that the 512 RAM might be the reason why the computer crashed.
I'm irritated by this, cause AGAIN, I don't want to buy new RAM when no one can tell me what I should be looking for.
Ben might know, but I'm pretty sure this isn't something I can return if it doesn't fit. Maybe if it didn't work, but not just because I bought a stupid part.
So, I'm not wasting the money right now.
Perhaps the computer will just be slow for awhile. Better than nothing.
I'm just glad we were able to save pictures, cause I can re-download songs, but pictures are pretty hard to get back once you've deleted them from the camera and they are on a broken computer. All appears to be working at this point. At least according to Ben. Now, sadly, I am ruining my computer at work too. I'm a pox on computers this week.
I'm kind of scared to go home and even look at the computer. I broke Excel here, the computer is going super slow, even though they just gave me new RAM.
I'm irritated.
But the concert is this Saturday and so I'm just going to be happy. I'm going to deal and get through this week, and then I'll be fine. And no more sore throat, k body?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.