"She was....an American Girl"
Trying to cross post on lunch since my computer at home SUCKS.
Originally posted to MySpace on April 11, 2008
____________________________________________________________________________
I'm sitting here listening to that Tom Petty song.
I decided I loved it from "Silence of the Lambs", before I knew how very, very good it really was.
But I really like the part of that movie where she is rocking out in her car to that song. Before all the "lotion in the basket" crap.
It figures it would be a scary movie to draw my attention to a kick ass song.
I've decided that pretty much the best part is the lyric.."God, it's so painful for something that's so close, but still so far out of reach".
I wait for that moment in the song each time and sing out loud as loud as I can. I pour my heart into it. I mean, who hasn't felt something like that in their life?
Meh.
The good news? Ben is making dinner cause I could not bring myself to cook, and my kid's teeth are still in his head.
Kind of..he lost a different one, but it looks like a baby tooth and it didn't hurt him when he pulled it out. It's about in the right place, so I'm refusing to be worried by it. Perhaps the falling sped it along on it's destination to falling out, but I refuse to panic.
It doesn't have roots or anything anyhow.
Instead, I must play tooth fairy tonight and go in and slip the dollar in. That should be interesting. I'll do my best not to check his teeth right then. lol.
I still need to eat dinner and my music playlist is almost finished, so I shall vacate the computer now, even though it is lovely.
Yes, I am trying to talk up the computer. I kind of trash talked it earlier when it crashed on me, and it rewarded me by briefly flickering, so I decided that I should not talk shit about this here awesomely free computer.
Instead we'll be nice to each other, though for a few minutes I thought about getting an Apple. It feels like a betrayal of sorts as I've always used PCs, but I hear that Apple's don't crash every day. For now, I can't afford it, so I'll talk nice to my computer instead. lol. I talk nice to the printer at work too. I'm *that* person.
Originally posted to MySpace on April 11, 2008
____________________________________________________________________________
I'm sitting here listening to that Tom Petty song.
I decided I loved it from "Silence of the Lambs", before I knew how very, very good it really was.
But I really like the part of that movie where she is rocking out in her car to that song. Before all the "lotion in the basket" crap.
It figures it would be a scary movie to draw my attention to a kick ass song.
I've decided that pretty much the best part is the lyric.."God, it's so painful for something that's so close, but still so far out of reach".
I wait for that moment in the song each time and sing out loud as loud as I can. I pour my heart into it. I mean, who hasn't felt something like that in their life?
Meh.
The good news? Ben is making dinner cause I could not bring myself to cook, and my kid's teeth are still in his head.
Kind of..he lost a different one, but it looks like a baby tooth and it didn't hurt him when he pulled it out. It's about in the right place, so I'm refusing to be worried by it. Perhaps the falling sped it along on it's destination to falling out, but I refuse to panic.
It doesn't have roots or anything anyhow.
Instead, I must play tooth fairy tonight and go in and slip the dollar in. That should be interesting. I'll do my best not to check his teeth right then. lol.
I still need to eat dinner and my music playlist is almost finished, so I shall vacate the computer now, even though it is lovely.
Yes, I am trying to talk up the computer. I kind of trash talked it earlier when it crashed on me, and it rewarded me by briefly flickering, so I decided that I should not talk shit about this here awesomely free computer.
Instead we'll be nice to each other, though for a few minutes I thought about getting an Apple. It feels like a betrayal of sorts as I've always used PCs, but I hear that Apple's don't crash every day. For now, I can't afford it, so I'll talk nice to my computer instead. lol. I talk nice to the printer at work too. I'm *that* person.
Comments