Clouds on the horizon
Erin left today. My favorite coffee bar girl. One of the first people who I really felt comfortable with when I first got here. I always thought that it would be a sad, sad day when my coffee bar girls left. Then Bethany left, and now Erin is leaving.
And I was right. I managed not to cry, though it's harder writing about it now not to cry.
Since she has been the coffee bar supervisor, we've smirked at each other a lot more. Rolled our eyes together a lot more. Things can be pretty over the top in the Accounting department. I took a lot of pictures. I like pictures. I even got one of her and me that I don't hate. What is wrong with my neck though? I think when I try and avoid the double chin I tilt my head back too far, and my neck looks funny. Add that on to my Bruce Campbell-ish chin, and it just don't look right.
Ok! I'm sorry, I'm not on par with Bruce, but I do have a jutting chin. A jutting round chin.
Ok. Enough about my chin.
So it was sad and stuff. Obviously. I headed over to Rennie's to have a beer (or two) with her before she leaves town.
Just a little time, which I am a little annoyed about at this point, cause Ben wasn't home when I got here and I can't get a hold of Jake so all my reasoning as to why I left so quickly was stupid.
At least I didn't end up being all stupidly drunk and bared my soul, and crying at her.
Instead it was just a quick foray into being "cool". I don't often get to hang out with the cool people I work with outside of work. My fault? Most likely.
I just wish we had been able to hang out more. Oh well.

(gosh, isn't she totally cute? I wish my pictures came out that well.)
In any case, the day is over.
I'm sad that she isn't going to be there, but I'm not sure it's hit me entirely yet.
She'll be in tomorrow, and she'll be my myspace friend and she's really not moving that far. But neither has Ariel and I still hardly get to see her. I should just get my ass on a Greyhound and go up to Portland every weekend. LOL.
Also? On a completely unrelated topic, I bought this hat today for 50 cents and I love it. I can't put it on straight, but I might sleep in it tonight. I never thought of myself as a hat girl, but I even like my damn picture, and I rarely like my pictures.
And I was right. I managed not to cry, though it's harder writing about it now not to cry.
Since she has been the coffee bar supervisor, we've smirked at each other a lot more. Rolled our eyes together a lot more. Things can be pretty over the top in the Accounting department. I took a lot of pictures. I like pictures. I even got one of her and me that I don't hate. What is wrong with my neck though? I think when I try and avoid the double chin I tilt my head back too far, and my neck looks funny. Add that on to my Bruce Campbell-ish chin, and it just don't look right.
Ok! I'm sorry, I'm not on par with Bruce, but I do have a jutting chin. A jutting round chin.
Ok. Enough about my chin.
So it was sad and stuff. Obviously. I headed over to Rennie's to have a beer (or two) with her before she leaves town.
Just a little time, which I am a little annoyed about at this point, cause Ben wasn't home when I got here and I can't get a hold of Jake so all my reasoning as to why I left so quickly was stupid.
At least I didn't end up being all stupidly drunk and bared my soul, and crying at her.
Instead it was just a quick foray into being "cool". I don't often get to hang out with the cool people I work with outside of work. My fault? Most likely.
I just wish we had been able to hang out more. Oh well.
(gosh, isn't she totally cute? I wish my pictures came out that well.)
In any case, the day is over.
I'm sad that she isn't going to be there, but I'm not sure it's hit me entirely yet.
She'll be in tomorrow, and she'll be my myspace friend and she's really not moving that far. But neither has Ariel and I still hardly get to see her. I should just get my ass on a Greyhound and go up to Portland every weekend. LOL.
Also? On a completely unrelated topic, I bought this hat today for 50 cents and I love it. I can't put it on straight, but I might sleep in it tonight. I never thought of myself as a hat girl, but I even like my damn picture, and I rarely like my pictures.
Comments