Why would I do that?
My night out was canceled, as Jenn did not feel well. It's actually worked out for me as I sat on the couch after the boys left and fell asleep for about an hour.
Woke up with a nasty headache, which 4 ibuprofen have not really helped. That's what I get for not drinking coffee in the morning, I guess.
We'll hope I can get through this blog entry, as the other night a headache turned into something much worse. I don't know that I would call it a migraine, but it was damn close.
So I went to bed early and woke up fine. Does it make sense? Not really. I was certain I'd wake up with the same damn headache, but I didn't, so I guess the solution is bed for many hours. Hurray. I love getting older.
So I woke up, drank coffee, watched "Ed Gein"...it would appear to be serial killer month On Demand. Hurray for me, right?
Except totally not, cause I needed to take a shower later. The shower is where I feel most vulnerable, especially when no one else is in the house. Eek. My grandma would never take showers, said she didn't like the water on her face, I have to wonder if part of it was not being able to see while having water on her face.
In any case, I turned on my music, got in the shower. I thought I had the music super loud, but all I could hear was the bass, which sounded like footsteps.
I are smart sometimes.
It was good to take the nap, I've been tired lately. I just realized why the other night. My antihistamines that I take so that I don't claw my skin off during winter? The exact same thing as sleeping pills. So in my mind this equals not scratchy=too fucking tired to scratch. It's no wonder those things make me loopy. If I only take one, it's not too bad and it seems to last me all day, so I've only been taking one. The sleeping pills say not to take for more than two weeks, the antihistamines don't care. You'd think it would be the same. Meh. I can't have the all consuming itching, so fuck it.
Derek had more problems yesterday. He just gets to angry over stupid little things. It seems like his anger is so out of proportion. =(
If you would have driven down 5th street yesterday around 5, you would have seen Ben and I practically carrying a kicking, screaming, tantruming child home. We said if he kept fucking around, we wouldn't go and get the clothes we needed from Walmart, and have KFC for dinner.
He lost his mind. If that's the way he acted at school, I don't blame them for suspending him for that day.
I asked him if something else was bothering him (after at least a few hours of calming down on both our parts and some naughty words from my son's mouth, and more written on a piece of paper, it's definite, he says bad words now. I knew he would at some point, but damn. He writes them too, though he doesn't spell them very well.); and he got teary and said that Garrett (one of his best friends, he has about ten) was moving away and it was bothering him. I told him that sucks, but he needs to learn how to deal with it differently. We can always get his phone number and he is only moving to Roseburg, so maybe he can visit for a weekend or something sometime.
I shared my own experience with moving and how sad I was when we moved here, but how it's really made my life so good. I have him, I have Ben, I have my friends, I love it here. If we hadn't moved here, I would not have all these things.
I even told him that I can't very well make his friends stay here, but I make sure we don't move as often as I did growing up cause I know it would be hard on him. Did he hear all that? I hope so.
I shudder to think that this might just be what life is like for a prepubescent boy. =(
I don't like 10 much.
I hope it gets better once Garrett moves, but I don't know.
My kid is ten - quick comparison here...
- I tried smoking at 9.
- I "ran away" (as far as the neighborhood store) when I was like 7 or 8.
- I started smoking for good at 12.
- I ran away for real at 15.
I was a very bad kid and I just hope that my kid is not going to be some sort of payback for me.
But his life doesn't suck as much as mine did. He has no fucking idea how bad life can really be, so maybe I should not draw these comparisons?
We let him go to Magic tonight, cause Ben and I decided that he'd been very good today (it's seriously like he's a different kid) while we went shopping. We made him walk all the way to Walmart in hopes of tiring him out.
Consequences for the tantrum?
- He's grounded from the TV for the week.
- He's grounded from going to friend's houses all week.
- He was already grounded from playing video games cause of the misbehavior on Thursday.
The living room TV will be off until next Saturday now. Unless us adults want to watch something.
I feel good about turning around and coming home yesterday, even though it was quite a struggle. I did find out I can keep him immobile still. He's tall, but skinny. Score 1 for me.
I'm fucking tired honestly. We walked so far today, and fighting with Derek is hard. I hope that not being able to do anything all week will penetrate to his brain.
We've always had rough patches, but they are usually fairly isolated incidents, and now it's like every other day.
Hopefully talking about his friend moving helped him.
Writing is making my head hurt more. Watching the screen isn't helping. I'm leaving now. I think I made my point, or at least whined enough about raising my child to make me feel better.
Woke up with a nasty headache, which 4 ibuprofen have not really helped. That's what I get for not drinking coffee in the morning, I guess.
We'll hope I can get through this blog entry, as the other night a headache turned into something much worse. I don't know that I would call it a migraine, but it was damn close.
So I went to bed early and woke up fine. Does it make sense? Not really. I was certain I'd wake up with the same damn headache, but I didn't, so I guess the solution is bed for many hours. Hurray. I love getting older.
So I woke up, drank coffee, watched "Ed Gein"...it would appear to be serial killer month On Demand. Hurray for me, right?
Except totally not, cause I needed to take a shower later. The shower is where I feel most vulnerable, especially when no one else is in the house. Eek. My grandma would never take showers, said she didn't like the water on her face, I have to wonder if part of it was not being able to see while having water on her face.
In any case, I turned on my music, got in the shower. I thought I had the music super loud, but all I could hear was the bass, which sounded like footsteps.
I are smart sometimes.
It was good to take the nap, I've been tired lately. I just realized why the other night. My antihistamines that I take so that I don't claw my skin off during winter? The exact same thing as sleeping pills. So in my mind this equals not scratchy=too fucking tired to scratch. It's no wonder those things make me loopy. If I only take one, it's not too bad and it seems to last me all day, so I've only been taking one. The sleeping pills say not to take for more than two weeks, the antihistamines don't care. You'd think it would be the same. Meh. I can't have the all consuming itching, so fuck it.
Derek had more problems yesterday. He just gets to angry over stupid little things. It seems like his anger is so out of proportion. =(
If you would have driven down 5th street yesterday around 5, you would have seen Ben and I practically carrying a kicking, screaming, tantruming child home. We said if he kept fucking around, we wouldn't go and get the clothes we needed from Walmart, and have KFC for dinner.
He lost his mind. If that's the way he acted at school, I don't blame them for suspending him for that day.
I asked him if something else was bothering him (after at least a few hours of calming down on both our parts and some naughty words from my son's mouth, and more written on a piece of paper, it's definite, he says bad words now. I knew he would at some point, but damn. He writes them too, though he doesn't spell them very well.); and he got teary and said that Garrett (one of his best friends, he has about ten) was moving away and it was bothering him. I told him that sucks, but he needs to learn how to deal with it differently. We can always get his phone number and he is only moving to Roseburg, so maybe he can visit for a weekend or something sometime.
I shared my own experience with moving and how sad I was when we moved here, but how it's really made my life so good. I have him, I have Ben, I have my friends, I love it here. If we hadn't moved here, I would not have all these things.
I even told him that I can't very well make his friends stay here, but I make sure we don't move as often as I did growing up cause I know it would be hard on him. Did he hear all that? I hope so.
I shudder to think that this might just be what life is like for a prepubescent boy. =(
I don't like 10 much.
I hope it gets better once Garrett moves, but I don't know.
My kid is ten - quick comparison here...
- I tried smoking at 9.
- I "ran away" (as far as the neighborhood store) when I was like 7 or 8.
- I started smoking for good at 12.
- I ran away for real at 15.
I was a very bad kid and I just hope that my kid is not going to be some sort of payback for me.
But his life doesn't suck as much as mine did. He has no fucking idea how bad life can really be, so maybe I should not draw these comparisons?
We let him go to Magic tonight, cause Ben and I decided that he'd been very good today (it's seriously like he's a different kid) while we went shopping. We made him walk all the way to Walmart in hopes of tiring him out.
Consequences for the tantrum?
- He's grounded from the TV for the week.
- He's grounded from going to friend's houses all week.
- He was already grounded from playing video games cause of the misbehavior on Thursday.
The living room TV will be off until next Saturday now. Unless us adults want to watch something.
I feel good about turning around and coming home yesterday, even though it was quite a struggle. I did find out I can keep him immobile still. He's tall, but skinny. Score 1 for me.
I'm fucking tired honestly. We walked so far today, and fighting with Derek is hard. I hope that not being able to do anything all week will penetrate to his brain.
We've always had rough patches, but they are usually fairly isolated incidents, and now it's like every other day.
Hopefully talking about his friend moving helped him.
Writing is making my head hurt more. Watching the screen isn't helping. I'm leaving now. I think I made my point, or at least whined enough about raising my child to make me feel better.
Comments