"He Said, She Said"
I'm having a bad day. Why do almost all my Thursdays turn out this way?
I'm trying something new. I'm trying not to bitch about things without having something positive. Let's see if I can pull it off.
Bad Thing - I woke up at 4...all the lights in the house seemed to be on.
Good Thing - At least I VERY clearly could see the way to the bathroom.
Bad Thing - I woke up late, and the kitchen light was on AGAIN.
Good Thing - I'm not crazy, the kid readily admitted to it, like wth? What's the big deal?
Bad Thing - I was a crab the whole way to school cause we were running late.
Good Thing - The kid got to sleep in since I wasn't out of the shower on time.
Bad Thing - I had to sit next to Jake's dad the whole ride into Eugene, not talking, not looking at him, pretending like I didn't know him, the same as he does to me.
Good Thing - At least he didn't smell bad. And I was actually happy to get off the bus and go to work.
Bad Thing - Columbia House are the stupidest people in the world, and their "customer service" is non-existent.
Good Thing - I've got another bad experience to chalk up to the whole "don't buy things on-line" theory.
Bad Thing - Today is easily my busiest day of the week, busy=stress
Good Thing - I found out I can leave tomorrow before 2! HURRAY! Getting up and coming in early yesterday was WORTH it. I think my boss saw the desperation in my eyes.
Bad Thing - Ben called to tell me the kid got in trouble at school. He seems to have a problem with Thursdays and the computer lab in general. I'm not sure how to solve this problem, as I can't just say "STOP BEING FRUSTRATED". =(
Very Bad Thing - The kid who he had problems with is Tara's son. Both boys have very different accounts of the whole thing. I just heard that someone hit my kid and I saw red. After talking with Tara, now I'm not even sure my kid is telling the truth and the teacher, quite conveniently, saw nothing besides my kid throwing a football at her kid. Derek says he got punched and so he threw the football, but it all obviously started with something silly and stupid. Tara's account was different, but I don't know how to present my side to her. This is my co-worker and I get along with her usually. She said that her kid said that Derek went and shut the notebook computer on her kid's hands and THEN punched him. Why Derek would punch him when he was already pinching his fingers? I don't know. I like to think I put enough fear in him to prevent him from EVER touching someone else in anger, but I'm wrong, cause he readily admitted to hitting him back, but not hitting him without provocation...which doesn't make it right, but I'm glad he didn't hit first at least. Tara's kid? I don't know...I've had peculiar experiences with him, but never enough to say anything. I never want to make her feel bad, so I don't mention it when the kid annoys me. Maybe I should mention everything? She called me at work for chrissakes(!) to talk about it. I feel like it could have waited until I got home..but I guess not. She wasn't mean, and she sounded normal and I hope she realizes that we really have no IDEA who is telling the truth. I hope she doesn't think it was my kid because of all the temper management problems he has had, I'm not even sure she knows if her kid is having problems as he lives with his dad. So I don't know if both kids got in trouble, but if her kid hit Derek than I would hope like hell that he got in trouble too.
More Bad Things - I'm shaky and irritated and confused and hopeless and what the fuck do I do in this situation?
This whole good thing for a bad thing? Not working out so well.
Good Thing - At least we talked about it today, and she got my side and my kid's side, but I worry that she will be more inclined to believe her child, and you know what? I don't blame her, I kind of feel like my kid isn't lying either. But one of them is. Hopefully, we've dealt with it now and we won't have to talk about it anymore. All I know for sure is that they should not be hanging out together. And that Derek is grounded from video games for awhile longer.
What worries me more is that she'll take my punishing Derek as me admitting error on Derek's fault, when her son may have got in trouble too, but her ex wouldn't necessarily tell her.
Working with someone whose kid isn't getting along with mine could be very problematic. =(
Good Thing - I only have to deal with any sort of problems tomorrow until 2 or so. I can deal with it for that long.
VERY GOOD THING - I can drink afterwards - and we are clothes shopping and dinner at KFC (we've already decided since Ariel teased me with the idea of KFC and then we went to Shari's when she visited. LOL) and then more drinking. A lot of drinking. Drinking = No thinking, and I need no thinking right now.
Another Good Thing - Sushi with Jenn on Saturday as I promised to treat her when I could. Plus, I love sushis and Jenn is awesome, so good all around.
I'm trying something new. I'm trying not to bitch about things without having something positive. Let's see if I can pull it off.
Bad Thing - I woke up at 4...all the lights in the house seemed to be on.
Good Thing - At least I VERY clearly could see the way to the bathroom.
Bad Thing - I woke up late, and the kitchen light was on AGAIN.
Good Thing - I'm not crazy, the kid readily admitted to it, like wth? What's the big deal?
Bad Thing - I was a crab the whole way to school cause we were running late.
Good Thing - The kid got to sleep in since I wasn't out of the shower on time.
Bad Thing - I had to sit next to Jake's dad the whole ride into Eugene, not talking, not looking at him, pretending like I didn't know him, the same as he does to me.
Good Thing - At least he didn't smell bad. And I was actually happy to get off the bus and go to work.
Bad Thing - Columbia House are the stupidest people in the world, and their "customer service" is non-existent.
Good Thing - I've got another bad experience to chalk up to the whole "don't buy things on-line" theory.
Bad Thing - Today is easily my busiest day of the week, busy=stress
Good Thing - I found out I can leave tomorrow before 2! HURRAY! Getting up and coming in early yesterday was WORTH it. I think my boss saw the desperation in my eyes.
Bad Thing - Ben called to tell me the kid got in trouble at school. He seems to have a problem with Thursdays and the computer lab in general. I'm not sure how to solve this problem, as I can't just say "STOP BEING FRUSTRATED". =(
Very Bad Thing - The kid who he had problems with is Tara's son. Both boys have very different accounts of the whole thing. I just heard that someone hit my kid and I saw red. After talking with Tara, now I'm not even sure my kid is telling the truth and the teacher, quite conveniently, saw nothing besides my kid throwing a football at her kid. Derek says he got punched and so he threw the football, but it all obviously started with something silly and stupid. Tara's account was different, but I don't know how to present my side to her. This is my co-worker and I get along with her usually. She said that her kid said that Derek went and shut the notebook computer on her kid's hands and THEN punched him. Why Derek would punch him when he was already pinching his fingers? I don't know. I like to think I put enough fear in him to prevent him from EVER touching someone else in anger, but I'm wrong, cause he readily admitted to hitting him back, but not hitting him without provocation...which doesn't make it right, but I'm glad he didn't hit first at least. Tara's kid? I don't know...I've had peculiar experiences with him, but never enough to say anything. I never want to make her feel bad, so I don't mention it when the kid annoys me. Maybe I should mention everything? She called me at work for chrissakes(!) to talk about it. I feel like it could have waited until I got home..but I guess not. She wasn't mean, and she sounded normal and I hope she realizes that we really have no IDEA who is telling the truth. I hope she doesn't think it was my kid because of all the temper management problems he has had, I'm not even sure she knows if her kid is having problems as he lives with his dad. So I don't know if both kids got in trouble, but if her kid hit Derek than I would hope like hell that he got in trouble too.
More Bad Things - I'm shaky and irritated and confused and hopeless and what the fuck do I do in this situation?
This whole good thing for a bad thing? Not working out so well.
Good Thing - At least we talked about it today, and she got my side and my kid's side, but I worry that she will be more inclined to believe her child, and you know what? I don't blame her, I kind of feel like my kid isn't lying either. But one of them is. Hopefully, we've dealt with it now and we won't have to talk about it anymore. All I know for sure is that they should not be hanging out together. And that Derek is grounded from video games for awhile longer.
What worries me more is that she'll take my punishing Derek as me admitting error on Derek's fault, when her son may have got in trouble too, but her ex wouldn't necessarily tell her.
Working with someone whose kid isn't getting along with mine could be very problematic. =(
Good Thing - I only have to deal with any sort of problems tomorrow until 2 or so. I can deal with it for that long.
VERY GOOD THING - I can drink afterwards - and we are clothes shopping and dinner at KFC (we've already decided since Ariel teased me with the idea of KFC and then we went to Shari's when she visited. LOL) and then more drinking. A lot of drinking. Drinking = No thinking, and I need no thinking right now.
Another Good Thing - Sushi with Jenn on Saturday as I promised to treat her when I could. Plus, I love sushis and Jenn is awesome, so good all around.
Comments