You Fall Into A Dream

Everyone reading this probably knows that I have very weird, and sometimes very bad dreams. People trying to kill me, aliens, people turning into lizards, and the end of the world have all played prominent parts of my dreams. Sometimes there is a bad guy and no one believes me.
I also have an affinity for horror movies. Unfortunately, my love of horror tends to bleed over into dreams.
I love them, and sometimes feel like I HAVE to watch one, almost like a "fix" for a junkie.
I have a highly suggestible imagination. I read the Stand while pregnant and that's when I dreamed that Beavis and Butthead had eaten Cheetoes and turned into lizards. The end of the world was coming and I knew that, because the ants were dying on the sidewalk, and the ambulances were coming.
Not just creepy, but really fucking strange dreams.
A couple of weeks ago, I had a different kind of bad dream. No physical danger, just emotional. I'm not going to go into detail here, cause it's just too much.

This morning, while hitting the snooze button, and trying not to wake up fully until I absolutely had to, I fell into a dream. It doesn't seem possible to fall into a dream within a 9 minute time period, but somehow I did.
Luckily, I woke up pretty quickly, but my heart was pounding and I woke up feeling terrified.
Do you know the movie Leprechaun? I know, it's totally hokey. Nothing scary about that, huh?
At least not in this day and age. But it's the only thing that I can think of that might have brought on this dream and even that doesn't really "fit". Not that I've even seen that movie recently, but my imagination tends to retain these things.
It wasn't a long dream, just scary.
Ben and I were sitting in the bedroom (like usual, I LOVE my bedroom) and this little voice kept yelling out at us, something like shut up? I don't even fully remember now.
We looked all around for the voice, but didn't see anything. So, we turned on the TV in an effort to drown out the voice.
Then Derek comes into the room, and Ben and I both look at him and tell him to go back to bed. It's night, but very late at night, and he needs to be in bed. He tells us that he thinks that he should play on the computer every day, and again we tell him to go to bed.
Then he says...there's a voice in my room, and it's saying the "f" word.
I got ANGRY. I mean, I watch my language around my kid, I'll be damned if some VOICE is going to cuss around him.
Besides which, now it was affecting my kid, and not as easy to ignore.
I ran into Derek's room and just decided that it would be under the bed. I mean, it MUST be under the bed. Somehow, even though we hadn't SEEN it, it much exist somewhere. People who just hear random voices are crazy right? I dropped to my knees and pulled up the blanket and just started SCREAMING my head off, as loud as I could. At the voice? Maybe. I didn't see anything under the bed, unless my brain has blocked that out. Even now, I'm impressed at my bravado in the dream. I've never been good with anything under the bed. I've rarely had a bed frame, so usually nothing could fit under the bed. When I was pregnant, I'd almost take a flying leap onto my bed from the door, just so I wouldn't get close to anything or anyone that might be under the bed. I don't know if I was more afraid because I was pregnant and now had to protect the baby too or what.
What I can't quite figure out is why I was so determined that it was a troll or leprechaun or something. I never saw it. I guess it really was that I was worrying that people who hear voices are crazy. Maybe my brain couldn't comprehend a body-less voice.

Ben said that I was making noises (he said later that I wasn't screaming, it sounded a little bit like I was saying "scoot"? which makes no sense to me, unless I thought it would make the voice go away), and he asked me if I was ok when I woke up all panicked. I said yes, and then didn't really feel ok. I had to breathe and share the dream and just kind of shake it off. My boyfriend is awesome. He wasn't even angry that I was keeping him awake after he'd barely been asleep. He was just worried about me. He hugged me and I said something about there being no way I was going back to sleep after that dream. (I have a tendency to fall into the same dream, mostly when they suck.)
He asked if I was sure I was ok, and I did feel better. Then of course, I had to get into the shower. When no one else is up and I'm showering, I feel a little too vulnerable. I'm CERTAIN that I will open my eyes from washing my face and someone will be staring at me. Maybe that's why my Grandma didn't like showers? She didn't like the water on her face, I remember that.
When my house is too quiet, every little noise gets to me. I almost wanted to wake Derek up just for some noise.
But I made it.

Another thing I hate? People staring in my window. It freaks me out!
Seriously, if you are reading this, do not ever do it. It's not funny, it only makes me feel scared. And when I'm scared, you could get a heavy object to the head. Hit first, ask questions later.
Ok, that was a little off course there. There I go, being random again.
The window thing does tie into a dream I had once.

Comments

Brandy said…
hahahahaha OH MY GOD!
You should NEVER tell someone like me how best to mess with you.

sheesh woman!

Yeah, i am scared of under the bed too. and the closet, and under the car..
SWSNBN said…
I say what I want.

We already went over this via email.

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.