Worrisome
I have an appointment tomorrow. My regular, shot in the ass, birth control appointment.
Hurray for birth control, really! But they are just not my favorite appointments.
I go in, I wait for what feels like hours, then they WEIGH ME.
Which is my least favorite part and they know it. They're always like...well, we don't have to weigh you and I'm like...no, it's better that I know how much I weigh occasionally.
Last visit, I'd lost 5 lbs.
This visit?
I don't know. I'm kinda worried about it. I NEVER seem to notice when I'm gaining weight. My pants are always worn a little loose, and so they rarely end up being tight to give away my weight gain. I just never know until I am actually weighed.
I haven't been drinking as much water as I should be.
Today I came in and strapped on the feed bag, as Tara calls it. I ate a small bag of cheetoes, and then turned around and ate a whole grab bag of Munchos.
I think I am addicted to them. I bought some Friday, and I wouldn't share with Derek. I only shared with Ben after being asked very nicely.
I am mean about the Munchos. The bags disappear so quickly around here, so I have to eat what I can.
They are my favorite potato chip.
It's a good thing I'm not close to a McDonald's, cause I would eat those french fries EVERY DAY. I really would.
That's what I've been doing wrong on the weight loss trail.
What I've been doing right?
I've started walking home from Springfield Station. It's a good 20 minute walk (for me, other people might do it faster), and I did that Wednesday, Thursday, skipped Friday, but I did it again Monday.
Wednesday, my leg started hurting for no reason, but I was already halfway there, so it would have been pointless to turn around on the bike path and go back to the closest connecting street.
I pushed on through it, but it REALLY HURT by the time I got home.
I whined for a little bit, and then it finally stopped hurting.
Monday, it did it again, but I'd been smart enough to take 5th street, instead of the bike path. That way I could stop and wait for the bus if I wanted. By the time it got really bad, I was only one bus stop away, and that seemed pointless. So I sucked it up and continued on. I'm not sure if it's a cramp or what. That makes the most sense. Unless I've bruised a muscle or something I can't see.
Today my leg didn't hurt at all, and I'm pretty sure I cut some time. I feel encouraged by this already. Hopefully it will keep getting easier, and I will keep getting faster.
Anyhow. It's been a way for me to work in some exercise. I should be walking at lunch too, but there are only so many places on campus that I can head to and still be entertained. Maybe I should start walking away from campus?
I need a destination, that's for sure.
We've also been walking to Blockbuster quite a bit. That will stop soon as I've finally run out of the money to be able to do the on-line thing. We've run out of movies we want to see anyhow, and this whole rush to try and watch as many as possible, to really get my money's worth, is just too much.
It's starting to feel like homework, and like I HAVE to watch a movie a day or something.
Which just isn't feasible.
An any case, I'll have to find some other thing I can do to make my ass move. Somewhere I can walk.
I've been trying to find some cheap bathing suit, but it's been pretty impossible. I need something bigger than most places carry, and some support would be nice. Everything I've found on-line is in the $36-$100 price range.
$36 isn't too bad, but then with shipping, it's not really something I can afford. And I have crappy luck buying on-line. I suppose I could try to hit Catherine's. But since my jeans cost about $34.00 a pair, I don't have much hope for a semi-cheap bathing suit.
I'll never be able to swim in a public pool again, apparently. Normally I would just use my cut offs, but they don't allow that with pools. The filter can get clogged and I understand that. I just wish it was easier to find a bathing suit. They have some really pretty ones on-line too.
I've went off on a tangent there. Hee hee.
You all should be used to it by now. =)
I'll just have to wait and see what my weight comes to (instead of worrying about it) when I go in tomorrow. At least I get off early to go to the doctor. That's a VERY good thing.
You know that worrying thing up there? In parentheses?
Yeah right. I'll always worry. *smirk*
Hurray for birth control, really! But they are just not my favorite appointments.
I go in, I wait for what feels like hours, then they WEIGH ME.
Which is my least favorite part and they know it. They're always like...well, we don't have to weigh you and I'm like...no, it's better that I know how much I weigh occasionally.
Last visit, I'd lost 5 lbs.
This visit?
I don't know. I'm kinda worried about it. I NEVER seem to notice when I'm gaining weight. My pants are always worn a little loose, and so they rarely end up being tight to give away my weight gain. I just never know until I am actually weighed.
I haven't been drinking as much water as I should be.
Today I came in and strapped on the feed bag, as Tara calls it. I ate a small bag of cheetoes, and then turned around and ate a whole grab bag of Munchos.
I think I am addicted to them. I bought some Friday, and I wouldn't share with Derek. I only shared with Ben after being asked very nicely.
I am mean about the Munchos. The bags disappear so quickly around here, so I have to eat what I can.
They are my favorite potato chip.
It's a good thing I'm not close to a McDonald's, cause I would eat those french fries EVERY DAY. I really would.
That's what I've been doing wrong on the weight loss trail.
What I've been doing right?
I've started walking home from Springfield Station. It's a good 20 minute walk (for me, other people might do it faster), and I did that Wednesday, Thursday, skipped Friday, but I did it again Monday.
Wednesday, my leg started hurting for no reason, but I was already halfway there, so it would have been pointless to turn around on the bike path and go back to the closest connecting street.
I pushed on through it, but it REALLY HURT by the time I got home.
I whined for a little bit, and then it finally stopped hurting.
Monday, it did it again, but I'd been smart enough to take 5th street, instead of the bike path. That way I could stop and wait for the bus if I wanted. By the time it got really bad, I was only one bus stop away, and that seemed pointless. So I sucked it up and continued on. I'm not sure if it's a cramp or what. That makes the most sense. Unless I've bruised a muscle or something I can't see.
Today my leg didn't hurt at all, and I'm pretty sure I cut some time. I feel encouraged by this already. Hopefully it will keep getting easier, and I will keep getting faster.
Anyhow. It's been a way for me to work in some exercise. I should be walking at lunch too, but there are only so many places on campus that I can head to and still be entertained. Maybe I should start walking away from campus?
I need a destination, that's for sure.
We've also been walking to Blockbuster quite a bit. That will stop soon as I've finally run out of the money to be able to do the on-line thing. We've run out of movies we want to see anyhow, and this whole rush to try and watch as many as possible, to really get my money's worth, is just too much.
It's starting to feel like homework, and like I HAVE to watch a movie a day or something.
Which just isn't feasible.
An any case, I'll have to find some other thing I can do to make my ass move. Somewhere I can walk.
I've been trying to find some cheap bathing suit, but it's been pretty impossible. I need something bigger than most places carry, and some support would be nice. Everything I've found on-line is in the $36-$100 price range.
$36 isn't too bad, but then with shipping, it's not really something I can afford. And I have crappy luck buying on-line. I suppose I could try to hit Catherine's. But since my jeans cost about $34.00 a pair, I don't have much hope for a semi-cheap bathing suit.
I'll never be able to swim in a public pool again, apparently. Normally I would just use my cut offs, but they don't allow that with pools. The filter can get clogged and I understand that. I just wish it was easier to find a bathing suit. They have some really pretty ones on-line too.
I've went off on a tangent there. Hee hee.
You all should be used to it by now. =)
I'll just have to wait and see what my weight comes to (instead of worrying about it) when I go in tomorrow. At least I get off early to go to the doctor. That's a VERY good thing.
You know that worrying thing up there? In parentheses?
Yeah right. I'll always worry. *smirk*
Comments