Sometimes I write just to write

I never really liked writing. I was never good at papers and all that bullshit.
I guess what I should say is that I never liked writing when I had to have some reason behind it. Some sort of structure, like an essay or some other bullshit.
I had to write two papers when I took Economics at LCC. I would not have taken Economics if I could have gotten out of it.
The guy teaching it would tell us to read the chapter and then in class, for his lecture, he'd read the chapter to us. I know that repetition is good for the memory, but I'm only going to fall asleep if you just read me the same thing that I read last night.
Change it up a little, seriously.

So, this guy teaching it was boring, but not only that. One day he was trying to get the class to talk and I know he was only trying to draw us out, but he was like...so, why don't we just get rid of welfare and food stamps? I KNOW that logically there was some explanation and he wasn't trying to be down on people like me, but I was pissed. Not to mention surrounded by kids who had NO idea about having to accept help from the state. The stigma attached to it.
Everything. They had NO idea, and most of them also didn't know why we shouldn't just get rid of those programs. I think the point ended up being that some of those people would end up doing better and helping contribute to the society and "paying back" what they had NEEDED at the time.
Like me, to an extent. I still get some help from Section 8, but no more food stamps. I only had to take welfare for about 3 months when I couldn't get a job for 5 months after graduating.
It didn't make me too happy, but there was NOTHING else I could do at that point. Just keep trying to get a job. And eventually I did.

Anyhow. This example he was using did not make me like him any more. Even if he wasn't saying that all the poor people should be sent away. I was incensed. I started to hate the class more, and only went when I HAD to. I barely managed to pass it.
My point?? Shit, I forgot.

Not really.
I had to write two papers for that class. The one at the beginning of the term said that I didn't stick close enough to the subject.
The second paper I wrote came back with a note saying that I repeated myself too much.
It seems like one or the other should have made him happy, but apparently I go to much to the extreme? Ha. That's funny actually. Cause I do.
I don't even think I had much of a point besides that. I only wanted to relay how bad I am at structured writing, but also try to explain how weird it is of me to WANT to write. To choose to write.
Not that it's all that intelligible. Perhaps that's why so much of writing is structured? *smirk*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.