Before, during, and after work yesterday...
I wore my In"duck"ted shirt.
Yep, BRIGHT SCREAMING YELLOW with a green outline of a duck foot on it.
Interestingly enough, someone said it was actually my color.
I NEVER wear yellow. Maybe it does look good, I don't know.
I say, blue and black. And sometimes green and gray.
Dark colors, I suppose.
Anyhow, I got on the bus and the bus driver asked if they were the new shirts this year. Yes, was my stilted reply.
(score 1 for free promotion for the bookstore, plus humiliation for me)
I go on break and head down to Starbucks, where the cashier asks to read my shirt.
(another one for the bookstore)
I get back from lunch and read the comments people left at the store and what I read is (paraphrasing here)
How can the bookstore be so insensitive, when there is the threat of the draft being re-instated over our heads?
GREAT, now the whole way home, I can wonder how many people I am pissing off with my shirt.
I mean, IT'S THE START OF HUNTING SEASON AND PEOPLE ALL OVER SPRINGFIELD HAVE GUNS!, my boss told me and her husband is a hunter. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!
Yep, BRIGHT SCREAMING YELLOW with a green outline of a duck foot on it.
Interestingly enough, someone said it was actually my color.
I NEVER wear yellow. Maybe it does look good, I don't know.
I say, blue and black. And sometimes green and gray.
Dark colors, I suppose.
Anyhow, I got on the bus and the bus driver asked if they were the new shirts this year. Yes, was my stilted reply.
(score 1 for free promotion for the bookstore, plus humiliation for me)
I go on break and head down to Starbucks, where the cashier asks to read my shirt.
(another one for the bookstore)
I get back from lunch and read the comments people left at the store and what I read is (paraphrasing here)
How can the bookstore be so insensitive, when there is the threat of the draft being re-instated over our heads?
GREAT, now the whole way home, I can wonder how many people I am pissing off with my shirt.
I mean, IT'S THE START OF HUNTING SEASON AND PEOPLE ALL OVER SPRINGFIELD HAVE GUNS!, my boss told me and her husband is a hunter. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!
Comments