This is why I love blogs
It's because I feel like I should share everything with people. The good stuff along with the bad stuff.
Cause my old diaries? Ha. Always so full of angst. I only wrote when I was angry. I've meant to go through and find a really "fun" one and post it here, just to laugh at myself, but it hasn't happened yet, cause every time I get into them I just keep reading and being nostalgic.
I'm extremely happy today. Just very excited to be off work for the next 5 days.
I have the schedule (ugh) to get out before I leave, but at least I won't have to hear about it until Wednesday!
I suppose it's pretty easy to be happy when you don't have to work the next day. =)
Go figure. And as of right now, my bank account is looking nice. I know better than to assume it will stay that way, as money flies out of my pocket before I even know it. Plus, I was smart enough to pay the phone bill so that there won't be that slight chance that I won't be able to pay it before they turn it off. Assholes.
Now I shouldn't have to worry about it, at least until I'm dumb enough to hold back payment thinking I'll get paid "early" that month.
Yes, I am stupid like that sometimes.
We just had our benefits fair, and this year I'm eligible for more matching on my 401k, plus I get 3 weeks of paid vacation now instead of 2.
Actually, that all went into effect in like October, but I hadn't actually changed my 401k to the right withholding yet. Now I can have even more money when I eventually retire. Some day. Or die. Then Derek could have the money. Yes, seriously, I do think I'll die before I can retire. I'm just not good enough to my body.
Part of my euphoria might be due to the fact that I've been truly working on exercising. I didn't want to say anything for fear of jinxing it, but I appear to actually be starting my own trend.
I've been walking from the bus station to my house, as fast as I can.
My legs, or maybe my shins, are hurting now, but I keep doing it.
I'm keeping track of my time and it has to be at least a mile, I'm trying to beat my time, but I'm not there yet.
Every day I think, damn, I don't want to walk home, but then I don't take a book or anything and I make myself walk each day.
Almost every day. I feel so damn accomplished at the end of that walk when I get home red faced and exhilarated.
I'd love to join a gym, but they seem so damn expensive, so I really just don't know right now.
I figure, every little bit helps. And hopefully when I go in for my next depo shot next month, they'll tell me that I haven't gained weight, and dare I say it?, maybe will have even lost weight. We have a little party in the doctor's office when I lose weight. Not really, but it sure feels like it.
And how are you all today?
Cause my old diaries? Ha. Always so full of angst. I only wrote when I was angry. I've meant to go through and find a really "fun" one and post it here, just to laugh at myself, but it hasn't happened yet, cause every time I get into them I just keep reading and being nostalgic.
I'm extremely happy today. Just very excited to be off work for the next 5 days.
I have the schedule (ugh) to get out before I leave, but at least I won't have to hear about it until Wednesday!
I suppose it's pretty easy to be happy when you don't have to work the next day. =)
Go figure. And as of right now, my bank account is looking nice. I know better than to assume it will stay that way, as money flies out of my pocket before I even know it. Plus, I was smart enough to pay the phone bill so that there won't be that slight chance that I won't be able to pay it before they turn it off. Assholes.
Now I shouldn't have to worry about it, at least until I'm dumb enough to hold back payment thinking I'll get paid "early" that month.
Yes, I am stupid like that sometimes.
We just had our benefits fair, and this year I'm eligible for more matching on my 401k, plus I get 3 weeks of paid vacation now instead of 2.
Actually, that all went into effect in like October, but I hadn't actually changed my 401k to the right withholding yet. Now I can have even more money when I eventually retire. Some day. Or die. Then Derek could have the money. Yes, seriously, I do think I'll die before I can retire. I'm just not good enough to my body.
Part of my euphoria might be due to the fact that I've been truly working on exercising. I didn't want to say anything for fear of jinxing it, but I appear to actually be starting my own trend.
I've been walking from the bus station to my house, as fast as I can.
My legs, or maybe my shins, are hurting now, but I keep doing it.
I'm keeping track of my time and it has to be at least a mile, I'm trying to beat my time, but I'm not there yet.
Every day I think, damn, I don't want to walk home, but then I don't take a book or anything and I make myself walk each day.
Almost every day. I feel so damn accomplished at the end of that walk when I get home red faced and exhilarated.
I'd love to join a gym, but they seem so damn expensive, so I really just don't know right now.
I figure, every little bit helps. And hopefully when I go in for my next depo shot next month, they'll tell me that I haven't gained weight, and dare I say it?, maybe will have even lost weight. We have a little party in the doctor's office when I lose weight. Not really, but it sure feels like it.
And how are you all today?
Comments