Some days it really doesn’t take much to send me over the edge.
Today shall be one of those days.
I came in to work already thinking about the weekend and my mini-vacation for which I have almost NOTHING planned =( (but I do get to see Mina and visit Jenn's family plus Ester the wonder wiener! It's a plan! Just not like a vacation plan), and I'm already irritated.
It's more that I don't really have plans Friday (and I probably shouldn't spend money anyhow, that whole stimulus thing sure goes fast when you are catching up on bills and crap) and now the boys are adding Saturday to the mix. So..they'll get home by 10 Friday night, and then turn around and leave at noon the next day. Why not just sleep there? lol.
I don't begrudge them this. It's great bonding time, and Derek really enjoys it. It frees me up for doing things..unfortunately, I don't hang out with people as often as I'd like while they are gone as life gets in the way.
I'd love to have the kind of friend where I could just grab a bottle and head over to their house and chill for a bit. But I don't really have that kind of friendship level with anyone right now. Not where I could just stop by and hang out without much notice..
Well, there is Heather, but she works so often, it's hard to get a hold of her. She's so damn dedicated! Frustrating, but such is life...cause people have to work.
Ariel is in Portland (too far), Tammi is usually chilling on the weekends and I don't want to interrupt family time, Jenn has Mina and stuff this Friday plus I just annoyed her last weekend, and that's my short list of close friends.
So, I'm already bored is what the whole long paragraph is about.
My plans so far are as follows:
I have the day off Friday, I'm gonna get shoes and a hair cut, something for dinner or else I'll turn into a raging bitch by the time Ben gets home at 10, and maybe get a horror movie from On Demand. I really want to watch a new horror film. Maybe it'll suck, but maybe it'll be awesome.
As for Saturday? No plans. I'd go cruise Saturday Market, except Saturday Market kind of sucks lately. Last time I went, I saw Becca, which rocked, but no one else was around...or at least I didn't happen to run into them...well, and a guy from work...and (suck!) creepy ex boyfriend. Who has a booth. Which I avoid. To the extent that I don't really want to be anywhere near the Saturday Market.
I'm gonna end up cleaning and being pissed off about it. It needs to be done, but during free time? Yeah. I'm gonna be pissed.
If anyone has better plans and they want company, please let me know. I may actually get my butt into some presentable clothes and get out of the house on Saturday.
So all this goes through my head on the bus ride, and I'm not too irritated cause sometimes life just happens this way, but then I come in and the proverbial straw on the camel's back was my stapler (I KNOW, it's like some awful real life version of Office Space, but less funny) not working. It wouldn't staple, it wouldn't open so that I could put staples in it, I finally pry it open and someone has put my staples in UPSIDE DOWN. WHY?
Is it rocket science? It's really THAT hard to put staples in correctly?
Do we need a diagram? WTH?
(It may have been the IT guy..perhaps he is just not good with things other than computers...it makes it better that it wasn't someone I work with regularly.)
And how is your day?
PS. My favorite shirt is dying, and it makes me more sad. =(
I came in to work already thinking about the weekend and my mini-vacation for which I have almost NOTHING planned =( (but I do get to see Mina and visit Jenn's family plus Ester the wonder wiener! It's a plan! Just not like a vacation plan), and I'm already irritated.
It's more that I don't really have plans Friday (and I probably shouldn't spend money anyhow, that whole stimulus thing sure goes fast when you are catching up on bills and crap) and now the boys are adding Saturday to the mix. So..they'll get home by 10 Friday night, and then turn around and leave at noon the next day. Why not just sleep there? lol.
I don't begrudge them this. It's great bonding time, and Derek really enjoys it. It frees me up for doing things..unfortunately, I don't hang out with people as often as I'd like while they are gone as life gets in the way.
I'd love to have the kind of friend where I could just grab a bottle and head over to their house and chill for a bit. But I don't really have that kind of friendship level with anyone right now. Not where I could just stop by and hang out without much notice..
Well, there is Heather, but she works so often, it's hard to get a hold of her. She's so damn dedicated! Frustrating, but such is life...cause people have to work.
Ariel is in Portland (too far), Tammi is usually chilling on the weekends and I don't want to interrupt family time, Jenn has Mina and stuff this Friday plus I just annoyed her last weekend, and that's my short list of close friends.
So, I'm already bored is what the whole long paragraph is about.
My plans so far are as follows:
I have the day off Friday, I'm gonna get shoes and a hair cut, something for dinner or else I'll turn into a raging bitch by the time Ben gets home at 10, and maybe get a horror movie from On Demand. I really want to watch a new horror film. Maybe it'll suck, but maybe it'll be awesome.
As for Saturday? No plans. I'd go cruise Saturday Market, except Saturday Market kind of sucks lately. Last time I went, I saw Becca, which rocked, but no one else was around...or at least I didn't happen to run into them...well, and a guy from work...and (suck!) creepy ex boyfriend. Who has a booth. Which I avoid. To the extent that I don't really want to be anywhere near the Saturday Market.
I'm gonna end up cleaning and being pissed off about it. It needs to be done, but during free time? Yeah. I'm gonna be pissed.
If anyone has better plans and they want company, please let me know. I may actually get my butt into some presentable clothes and get out of the house on Saturday.
So all this goes through my head on the bus ride, and I'm not too irritated cause sometimes life just happens this way, but then I come in and the proverbial straw on the camel's back was my stapler (I KNOW, it's like some awful real life version of Office Space, but less funny) not working. It wouldn't staple, it wouldn't open so that I could put staples in it, I finally pry it open and someone has put my staples in UPSIDE DOWN. WHY?
Is it rocket science? It's really THAT hard to put staples in correctly?
Do we need a diagram? WTH?
(It may have been the IT guy..perhaps he is just not good with things other than computers...it makes it better that it wasn't someone I work with regularly.)
And how is your day?
PS. My favorite shirt is dying, and it makes me more sad. =(
Comments