Mixed blessings...hopefully...why is it always a waiting game?

Originally posted to MySpace on May 16th.
--------------------------------------------------
Derek went back to the dentist today. Jake mentioned that he should probably see one (god I HATED the last people he went to, assholes.) a few months ago, and looks like he got his wish, cause this is the 3rd visit in like...6 weeks.
Thank god for insurance.
The kid went for two days before we got to see the dentist. Who promptly informed me that the kid had knocked off more of his tooth than last time, and that the nerve was showing. ACK.
I'm feeling slightly guilty for not being bitchier over the phone and maybe getting him in sooner, but honestly, he wasn't really complaining much. So perhaps he just didn't touch it much.
NERVE ENDINGS!!!
Scary shit.
But it seems like this is the worse case scenario. They did a root canal, they sealed it up, placed more bonding over it (it's even shorter than before, and I agree, cause apparently the kid hits himself in the head a lot. I'm not ruling this out for happening again.) and he's much happier. Also, he did a lot better with the Novocaine shot this time.
And no frantic phone calls from Ben since they've been out tonight. Not that Ben would do that shit to me. I freak out enough.
Wednesday night I felt so freaked out, I couldn't even eat. It's probably a good thing for me really, to have skipped that snack I'd been planning before my kid's tooth popped out again. I was a bit of a wreck, at least inside.
But him going two days with no problem (and with nerve showing!) makes me feel better about the whole damn thing.
It's not such an emergency. It sucks, sure, but at least he can survive until we get to the dentist, even if it isn't right away.
So perhaps I needed it to fall out so my worst fears were realized and dealt with.
I'm not nearly as freaked out as before. Again, it sucks, I wish it hadn't happened at all, but it's too late for that. It did and now we must do what we must.
It's too bad it was so hot today, running from bus to bus pretty much sucked, but at least I accomplished everything. I even did an inventory shift this morning before taking my kid to the dentist. My arms are TIRED. Holding a clipboard for 3 hours makes your arm feel weird. Hurray for retail really. I don't mind counting things, selling things, buying things; I'm an accountant, it's what I do. =)
I'm such a dork sometimes, but I do love math.
Sushi with Jenn was good. I practically melted walking over there and arrived red faced and thirsty. My face gets red entirely too easily, so it should be pretty red for the rest of the summer. Hurray for that. =S
Coffee was very good, and it was nice to run into Mike.
I have tomorrow off, to do errands and grocery shopping. Meh.
I work Sunday, but then I'm off from Friday to Wednesday and I'm pretty much looking forward to that. We must weed, of course. I used to think I wanted a yard, what I really wanted was a lawn. Something I could just mow. Weeding is pretty much lame, but it's good exercise, so that's something. I just need to avoid the sun, so I hope it gets overcast for a bit while I get my mini-vacation.
Or maybe we'll night weed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.