TAG (body spray)

Not really, stop SNIFFING me. =)

More like Tag, I'm it.
I believe the meme was about ten places we'd like to go, but I am doing it from memory, so if I'm wrong...well, I'll be wrong.

1. Hawaii!
The ocean there always looks so FANTASTIC in pictures. I don't want to be there during tsunami season, or when a volcano could go off, but DAMN, it would be nice to go there at some point. WARM OCEAN WATER. It's almost like an oxymoron for us Oregonians. Plus, I saw this bar on the Travel Channel that was IN THE OCEAN and I believe it was in Hawaii. That would be awesome...Oh, I'm thirsty, I think I better swim over and get a drink! =) Let's just hope those drinkers don't pee in the water. It's not like the warm water would tip me off.

2. Somewhere where all my worries would float away.
Yeah, I know that's unreasonable and even that it could mean something awful like being locked in a little room. But shit, this IS a meme and no one said anything about being reasonable.

3. New York.
The hustle, the bustle, CITY LIFE! I would never want to live in New York, but I would LOVE to visit and see the city that never sleeps. I could possibly not sleep the whole time I was there. I'd be a lunatic when I got back, from all that sleep dep, but it would be AWESOME to be able to go get food somewhere at 3 in the morning. Scary, but awesome. Or decide I was bored and go out clubbing.

4. Colorado.
This always makes my lists. Any sort of meme that asks where I want to go, I say Colorado. Which kinda sucks, seeing as how my sisters and my mother and my brother all live in Wyoming. But Colorado is my hometown. It's the place where my aunts and uncles and dad live. The more "normal" part of our family. I remember parks and playing, and just being able to run around from here to there. I remember how my aunt would ALWAYS stay up late with me and play Monopoly until 3 in the morning. I believe she is why I like the games so much and why I play them. It's not like we were big on family time in my house, but my aunt, she ROCKED. Her kids were younger than I, but she always let me come stay the night.
I miss all those parks, I swear it seemed like everywhere I went, there was a park.
Parks are FREE FUN! I'm getting homesick, so I shall stop now, but I obviously really LOVE Colorado. I DO know that most of the stuff isn't going to be the same. It's been too long.

5. Canada.
They seem like a pretty laid back bunch, as long as I could keep myself from making fun of "aboot". In fact, I tend to pick up accents, and I'd prolly start saying it that way. And they'd think I was making fun of them. Oops.
Well, perhaps I wouldn't come back, cause they'd lynch me, but it would be fun until then.

6. Alaska.
Who doesn't want to see the Aurora Borealis? I do, you KNOW you want to. It might be REALLY cold, but I could bundle up. My feet would never make it, they'd just fall right off, but who needs feet anyhow?
Not when you could have a free "show". I don't think I could go when they have the day long light. Again with the sleep dep. Or maybe I'm just thinking of that one show where the doctor (the name is on the damn tip of my tongue, but I can't get it out) moves there and he stays up that whole week, until they show him how they sleep when it's light.
Course, this is coming from a girl who used to sleep until 2 in the afternoon, so maybe it wouldn't really be any problem.

7. Ireland.
Said this one before as well. Ireland is the AWESOME. I've had a yearning for it ever since I read Scarlett. I want to go run over the moors, I want to see all that green. I hear it rains quite a bit, but I'm prepared, I like in OREGON. Again, I'd have to be careful not to pick up the accent, but I would love to visit an Irish PUB. A true Irish Pub.

8. Seattle.
When we went up there for Christmas MANY years ago, we stayed with Jake's brother who lived in Tacoma. Jake's brother's wife is SO funny and nice. She made me feel comfortable. Jake and I weren't being "together" at that point, but he really wanted Derek to go and I was not about to let my 2 year old out of my sight. We had more fun than I'd thought we would. We went to...one of those mountains, which one? I don't remember. But it was the most snow Derek had ever seen and he was pretty unsure about the whole sledding thing. He started to like it towards the end. He would NOT keep his gloves on, he wanted to play with it, but then it was too cold and he'd get annoyed. He was still so LITTLE then. It's amazing to me now. The things he learned. Watching him learn them. But then we had to go, as it was, we had to drive back in the dark and foggy night. It was creepy. Too many sharp turns.
These people are SO nice that they actually told me I should not be doing their dishes. But I wanted to do something nice for them since we were staying in their house.
Jake almost ruined it by throwing scissors at too me. He always did have a quick temper. We thought it was funny that he was having a hard time wrapping it. Normal people would just laugh at themselves, but he was never normal. He got upset, and "tossed" the scissors to me. They were shocked. =( It's too bad that that is probably the impression they took from our visit.
Tangent there, huh? Also, while there, we went to this FANTASTIC kid's museum. Where they could touch and play with everything. We didn't have enough time to make it to Pike's Place, but that would be next on my list of stuff to see there. Next would be the Space Needle, and the Imax theatre. And maybe the Music Museum they were putting in when we visited.

9. Wisconsin.
This might be completely retarded, but I want to go there cause of the CHEESE factor. I love me some cheese and I'm pretty sure they have some cheese factory tour. And if they don't they should. And if they still don't? Well, this is all fanciful, so I guess I'd have to break in. And probably steal some cheese. Then buy a cheese hat. Or steal one of those too. Whatever.

10. England.
I know that anywhere out of the good old U.S. of A, I'm going to have to put up with some people who think Americans are stupid. I'm sure I'm not about to change all their perceptions, but it'd still be nice to see England. And I wouldn't have to learn a different language (cause that is hard, which adds to the general "Americans are stupid" attitude, but oh well).
I like their accents, and it would cool to have tea in England.

Comments

Brandy said…
warm ocean water just makes me suspect whale pee. Too weird!
SWSNBN said…
Well, I can't go out far enough for whale pee, and I try not to think about it drifting in. I don't think it'd be warm by the time it got close to the shore.

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.