Oh Yeah
I had an epiphany the other day. I realized that I have no special girlfriends who I see regularly. I have girls who I would probably call my "best friends" but would prolly not get the same response back. In fact, they would prolly say someone else is there "best friend". Granted I am not in High school anymore, but I miss that feeling of comraderie and being able to laugh my ass off at nothing at all.
So, I think I should take out an ad for a best friend, but I am too afraid of the responses.
It would go something like this:
Wanted: Best Friend
Must be dependable
Must be flexible
Must be "silly"
Must love coffee
Must not make too much fun of me when I am serious
Must be able to make fun of herself lightheartedly.
Must love the water and the ocean.
Must be able to listen without judging, unless I ask for an honest opinion.
And above all, must be slightly sarcastic.
Anybody think I am asking too much?
So, I think I should take out an ad for a best friend, but I am too afraid of the responses.
It would go something like this:
Wanted: Best Friend
Must be dependable
Must be flexible
Must be "silly"
Must love coffee
Must not make too much fun of me when I am serious
Must be able to make fun of herself lightheartedly.
Must love the water and the ocean.
Must be able to listen without judging, unless I ask for an honest opinion.
And above all, must be slightly sarcastic.
Anybody think I am asking too much?
Comments
Here's a sad thought - What is everyone has a best friend but me and so there is no one I can pair off with?
I can talk to my boyfriend almost like a best friend, but not about silly girly things, like how cute that guy's butt is.
Oh well, such is life.
Sidenote: this is exactly why I end up with guys I don't completely respect and avoid real, intimate relationships with the guys I'd adore forever...
Anyway, I usually just end up adopting friends of a friend who are so far removed from my own life that they don't exactly fit. Too bad one couldn't have a "new friend" party. But I guess that would mean inviting a bunch of strangers, and if I could do that, I wouldn't need the party!
I want to be close to someone, but I am prolly afraid to be "too" close as well. i hope that you do find the guy you would adore though and end up asking him for coffee. Sometimes it helps to be friends first and try not to think (gee this is wierd) later. You can still get the new rush that comes with a relationship but actually be comfortable with the person as well.
And I am such a coffee freak, that I might actually ask total strangers to go to coffee with me. As long as they have mochas.