Piercest?
I helped someone on the bus today. Even though I wear what Eileen calls my "Guam Face" when I ride the bus, I stepped out of my protective mean look to retrieve this woman's bus pass that had floated by me.
She was kind of oblivious, and I just knew it had to come from somewhere; when she started looking through all her stuff, I figured it must be her day pass
So I got up, I walked up to it, it floated away some more, so I even ASKED this guy on the bus if he would grab it from by his feet. I TALKED to someone on the bus, voluntarily. I'm shocked too.
I probably would not have been so helpful if not for three facts.
1. She was a little bit chubby,
2. She had a super cute dress on,
3. She had an awesome tattoo and MANY, MANY piercings.
So perhaps I am biased, but how many people might have been less inclined to help, based on my own criteria?
I know the guy in front of her just watched it float off.
And is it really any different than when people from work call me on the phone to try and figure out the newest body modification? (Dermal anchors)
And I suppose I perpetuate the stereotype by knowing what the hell dermal anchors are and sharing with them.
Now they'll only continue to think of me when they see the college kids with their newest modifications, and call me about them too.
All in all? An amusing day. I just wish I had earned this piercing reputation, I really don't think I have all that many and the ones I do have are pretty tame.
Well, excluding one, but people don't usually know about that one anyhow.
I suppose, compared to most accountants, it is reckless and wild to go and get your nose pierced on your lunch hour. lol!
She was kind of oblivious, and I just knew it had to come from somewhere; when she started looking through all her stuff, I figured it must be her day pass
So I got up, I walked up to it, it floated away some more, so I even ASKED this guy on the bus if he would grab it from by his feet. I TALKED to someone on the bus, voluntarily. I'm shocked too.
I probably would not have been so helpful if not for three facts.
1. She was a little bit chubby,
2. She had a super cute dress on,
3. She had an awesome tattoo and MANY, MANY piercings.
So perhaps I am biased, but how many people might have been less inclined to help, based on my own criteria?
I know the guy in front of her just watched it float off.
And is it really any different than when people from work call me on the phone to try and figure out the newest body modification? (Dermal anchors)
And I suppose I perpetuate the stereotype by knowing what the hell dermal anchors are and sharing with them.
Now they'll only continue to think of me when they see the college kids with their newest modifications, and call me about them too.
All in all? An amusing day. I just wish I had earned this piercing reputation, I really don't think I have all that many and the ones I do have are pretty tame.
Well, excluding one, but people don't usually know about that one anyhow.
I suppose, compared to most accountants, it is reckless and wild to go and get your nose pierced on your lunch hour. lol!
Comments