It was definitely the white laundry basket.
That gave me the shin bruise. My fault really. I should not be allowed to walk around my own house.
I thought I'd update. I had a hard week last week. I felt stressed and out of control of my life. I spent about 15 minutes composing a whole long email to someone about why I feel so stressed. But after re-reading it (yay for the internet), and putting a more positive spin on it, I didn't really feel the need to share it anymore. Would I be over sharing like I feel I usually do? Heh. I used to write in a diary all the time. Well, all the time when I was upset. The thing is, I forget I can still do that. Or I have some narcissistic need to have people read super personal things. So I may go back to hand writing when I'm really wound up. Otherwise people will just think I'm always angry. That's the way my diary has always sounded, super irritated. heh.
Beyond any of that stuff; my kid has turned a new found corner of independence. I'm trying really hard to pull my own fears and shit back a little. He's going to be 11. He's old enough to know who he should and shouldn't be around, old enough to tell me if anyone of his friend's parents seem weird. He's made a new friend, just kitty corner on the street. He may as well live there lately. I think he's ate dinner there 4 of the last 7 nights. He is hardly in the house on the weekends, in fact the damn doorbell kept ringing at 9:30 on Sunday morning. I like to sleep in, I've earned it, and my kid is old enough to watch TV and be responsible for himself while I am sleeping.
After we managed to rouse ourselves and me trying to not be so pissed off at the incessant doorbell ringing, he was over there until 6 at least.
It's like he barely lives here. I knew this would happen someday, but I still tend to think of him as a little kid.
I have to confess, I'm not taking it so well. I find myself longing for the kid to want to play Risk or Monopoly.
I suppose the new friend glow will wear off at some point. I just hope they aren't sick of having him over but don't want to say anything. Since they were the ones who were so insistent yesterday, I suppose I should feel better about that. Children are hard.
And when did my kid get more of a social life then I have? lol.
I thought I'd update. I had a hard week last week. I felt stressed and out of control of my life. I spent about 15 minutes composing a whole long email to someone about why I feel so stressed. But after re-reading it (yay for the internet), and putting a more positive spin on it, I didn't really feel the need to share it anymore. Would I be over sharing like I feel I usually do? Heh. I used to write in a diary all the time. Well, all the time when I was upset. The thing is, I forget I can still do that. Or I have some narcissistic need to have people read super personal things. So I may go back to hand writing when I'm really wound up. Otherwise people will just think I'm always angry. That's the way my diary has always sounded, super irritated. heh.
Beyond any of that stuff; my kid has turned a new found corner of independence. I'm trying really hard to pull my own fears and shit back a little. He's going to be 11. He's old enough to know who he should and shouldn't be around, old enough to tell me if anyone of his friend's parents seem weird. He's made a new friend, just kitty corner on the street. He may as well live there lately. I think he's ate dinner there 4 of the last 7 nights. He is hardly in the house on the weekends, in fact the damn doorbell kept ringing at 9:30 on Sunday morning. I like to sleep in, I've earned it, and my kid is old enough to watch TV and be responsible for himself while I am sleeping.
After we managed to rouse ourselves and me trying to not be so pissed off at the incessant doorbell ringing, he was over there until 6 at least.
It's like he barely lives here. I knew this would happen someday, but I still tend to think of him as a little kid.
I have to confess, I'm not taking it so well. I find myself longing for the kid to want to play Risk or Monopoly.
I suppose the new friend glow will wear off at some point. I just hope they aren't sick of having him over but don't want to say anything. Since they were the ones who were so insistent yesterday, I suppose I should feel better about that. Children are hard.
And when did my kid get more of a social life then I have? lol.
Comments