Do You Sleep?
I'm just literally dazed and confused today.
We had our housing inspection today, and so we spent much of the weekend cleaning. I was up until a little after midnight making sure our blankets were washed and that everything looked neat and tidy, if not outright clean. I could have dusted the entertainment center, and put away my random burned CDs that I haven't had time to. I'm running out of cases for them! =(
What I didn't think about at all was the stove. Now we have to clean the stove. =(
Which is fine, really. The stove has to be cleaned, something else as well, and the landlord has to secure the fence. Which has been a bit wobbly since being blown over by the wind last spring. (I think it was last spring. I don't even know anymore)
Actually, come to think of it, I think it was the same last year, and wobbly, and they didn't say crap. Well, this year they want her to fix it.
I'm dreading it. I mean, HURRAY for the fence being fixed, but every time she is around the duplex something or another comes up. I'm betting she'll want us to work some more on the yard, and I'm hoping that she doesn't still believe I have a dog.
I'm just so tired today that I don't even care that much. I mean..besides the thought of working on the house more making me more tired, I can deal with that.
Friday will have to be stove cleaning day. That's all there is to it.
Anyhow, I was up too late and then when it was time to go to bed, I couldn't. I guess I had been doing things too late and I was too awake. I laid in bed until at least 1, just WISHING that I could really fall asleep and not into a fitful dozing state where I would just wake up half an hour later. I don't think I slept for a solid hour most of the night. I kept waking up and looking at the clock. Worrying that I'd overslept. I think a bit of it had to do with coming in early this morning. I like to get off earlier, but I can't seem to make my body go to bed any earlier.
I've spent much of the morning doing work that doesn't really require any brains, only movement. Not moving just makes me want to lay down. Like now. And I just can't sleep for any amount of time. I am not one of those people who can nap for 20 minutes and be fine. When I fall asleep, I am damn well going to stay asleep for at least an hour, maybe a couple of hours.
Anyhow. The inspection went mostly okay. They won't be coming back, only sending letters to each of us (the landlord and myself) to "tattle" on each other if one or the other doesn't do what they are supposed to.
I'm a little worried about the landlord part of it. I'm worried that she isn't even going to remember that I had told her about it. (though I saved the email, so that's something)
I didn't push it, since she just paid for new roofing right around the same time.
Maybe I should have pushed it? It could have just been done with by now.
Oh well, too late now.
Meh.
We had our housing inspection today, and so we spent much of the weekend cleaning. I was up until a little after midnight making sure our blankets were washed and that everything looked neat and tidy, if not outright clean. I could have dusted the entertainment center, and put away my random burned CDs that I haven't had time to. I'm running out of cases for them! =(
What I didn't think about at all was the stove. Now we have to clean the stove. =(
Which is fine, really. The stove has to be cleaned, something else as well, and the landlord has to secure the fence. Which has been a bit wobbly since being blown over by the wind last spring. (I think it was last spring. I don't even know anymore)
Actually, come to think of it, I think it was the same last year, and wobbly, and they didn't say crap. Well, this year they want her to fix it.
I'm dreading it. I mean, HURRAY for the fence being fixed, but every time she is around the duplex something or another comes up. I'm betting she'll want us to work some more on the yard, and I'm hoping that she doesn't still believe I have a dog.
I'm just so tired today that I don't even care that much. I mean..besides the thought of working on the house more making me more tired, I can deal with that.
Friday will have to be stove cleaning day. That's all there is to it.
Anyhow, I was up too late and then when it was time to go to bed, I couldn't. I guess I had been doing things too late and I was too awake. I laid in bed until at least 1, just WISHING that I could really fall asleep and not into a fitful dozing state where I would just wake up half an hour later. I don't think I slept for a solid hour most of the night. I kept waking up and looking at the clock. Worrying that I'd overslept. I think a bit of it had to do with coming in early this morning. I like to get off earlier, but I can't seem to make my body go to bed any earlier.
I've spent much of the morning doing work that doesn't really require any brains, only movement. Not moving just makes me want to lay down. Like now. And I just can't sleep for any amount of time. I am not one of those people who can nap for 20 minutes and be fine. When I fall asleep, I am damn well going to stay asleep for at least an hour, maybe a couple of hours.
Anyhow. The inspection went mostly okay. They won't be coming back, only sending letters to each of us (the landlord and myself) to "tattle" on each other if one or the other doesn't do what they are supposed to.
I'm a little worried about the landlord part of it. I'm worried that she isn't even going to remember that I had told her about it. (though I saved the email, so that's something)
I didn't push it, since she just paid for new roofing right around the same time.
Maybe I should have pushed it? It could have just been done with by now.
Oh well, too late now.
Meh.
Comments
My stove is SO clean too. At the expense of my legs, but oh well.