Monday.
I love Mondays where I get to stay home. I stayed up late last night, and even got to sleep in this morning. Derek is in Portland.
Jake and Karen came to get him Saturday. So I've got to sleep in for two mornings in a row. Sadly, there will be no more. I have to work, and so have to get up. I even have to work Saturday, which is when they are bringing him back. I can go out Friday, but not too late. I can't go out Saturday. That's the end to crazy fun-ness.
All in all, it was a good weekend. Like I said, Jake and Karen came and got him Saturday. They were gone by noon. It was weird.
Lily is about 9 months old now. She's very serious. Hard to get a smile out of that baby. But she did squawk a few times. I miss those little indignant squawks. She had one of Derek's toys and he was like..ick, she's slobbering on it and went and took it from her. She just looked at him and let out one of those squawks and then she was done. Just like...WTH? And then she was over it.
That was awesome. She's got some teeth in now, and she spent a lot of the time with her hands in her mouth. Makes sense.
I walked her around the house and watched her pull herself around the table. Won't be too long before she's cruising around.
What was really interesting was how good Jake was with her. Instead of being bitter (maybe I should say too bitter) about it, I'm instead hoping that the experience of Derek being a baby has helped him deal with this one better. I know I would do some things differently or better. But who knows, I might do other things wrong. Babies are hard, but it was truly amazing watching how he almost effortlessly handled her.
Maybe I'm being full of myself, maybe Karen and the baby taught him more. Maybe they had more faith in him. I was usually worried when I had to leave Derek alone with Jake. He just didn't seem capable.
Well, anyhow.
It was weird.
So then, Ben and I went out to the bar to play some pool, cause we never get to do things like that. The phone had died on us, and so we left it at home. I had told Heather to come over, but I didn't think to warn her that we didn't have the phone. I wasn't sure she wanted to hang out, so I didn't think much about it. We left and hit the store and the bar, got home about two hours later. She'd tried to text me, tried to call me, tried to myspace message me and even came over. She was so worried cause I never answered the phone. She's a sweetheart. I had seen a car that was colored like hers and thought..huh, every car that color makes me think of Heather's car. I didn't know it was. By the time we got home, I realized she'd tried so hard to get a hold of me and so I called her. Then she called me, but I couldn't make the damn phone work. It was insane.
Finally we talked to each other and she came over for awhile. That pretty much rocked. Yesterday Jesse came over and watched Sunday night TV, such as Simpsons, Family Guy, and BRAND NEW Aqua Teen. We made him. He hates TV.
Tomorrow I have to go back to work. =( Which means getting up at a reasonable time, and going to work. Duh, right?
It just sounds like such a chore. =P
Jake and Karen came to get him Saturday. So I've got to sleep in for two mornings in a row. Sadly, there will be no more. I have to work, and so have to get up. I even have to work Saturday, which is when they are bringing him back. I can go out Friday, but not too late. I can't go out Saturday. That's the end to crazy fun-ness.
All in all, it was a good weekend. Like I said, Jake and Karen came and got him Saturday. They were gone by noon. It was weird.
Lily is about 9 months old now. She's very serious. Hard to get a smile out of that baby. But she did squawk a few times. I miss those little indignant squawks. She had one of Derek's toys and he was like..ick, she's slobbering on it and went and took it from her. She just looked at him and let out one of those squawks and then she was done. Just like...WTH? And then she was over it.
That was awesome. She's got some teeth in now, and she spent a lot of the time with her hands in her mouth. Makes sense.
I walked her around the house and watched her pull herself around the table. Won't be too long before she's cruising around.
What was really interesting was how good Jake was with her. Instead of being bitter (maybe I should say too bitter) about it, I'm instead hoping that the experience of Derek being a baby has helped him deal with this one better. I know I would do some things differently or better. But who knows, I might do other things wrong. Babies are hard, but it was truly amazing watching how he almost effortlessly handled her.
Maybe I'm being full of myself, maybe Karen and the baby taught him more. Maybe they had more faith in him. I was usually worried when I had to leave Derek alone with Jake. He just didn't seem capable.
Well, anyhow.
It was weird.
So then, Ben and I went out to the bar to play some pool, cause we never get to do things like that. The phone had died on us, and so we left it at home. I had told Heather to come over, but I didn't think to warn her that we didn't have the phone. I wasn't sure she wanted to hang out, so I didn't think much about it. We left and hit the store and the bar, got home about two hours later. She'd tried to text me, tried to call me, tried to myspace message me and even came over. She was so worried cause I never answered the phone. She's a sweetheart. I had seen a car that was colored like hers and thought..huh, every car that color makes me think of Heather's car. I didn't know it was. By the time we got home, I realized she'd tried so hard to get a hold of me and so I called her. Then she called me, but I couldn't make the damn phone work. It was insane.
Finally we talked to each other and she came over for awhile. That pretty much rocked. Yesterday Jesse came over and watched Sunday night TV, such as Simpsons, Family Guy, and BRAND NEW Aqua Teen. We made him. He hates TV.
Tomorrow I have to go back to work. =( Which means getting up at a reasonable time, and going to work. Duh, right?
It just sounds like such a chore. =P
Comments