All the boys who the dance floor didn't love, and all the girls who's lips couldn't move fast enough, sing, until your lungs give out.

I FORGOT this, and it's fantastic.

Ben rather sheepishly admitted the other day that he liked a Fallout Boy song.
!!!??!
I was astounded. I mean, I'm the one who likes pop. I'm the one who likes all the pop rock on the radio right now. Fallout Boy and the Killers, Maroon 5 and all that crap. The only songs he does like are often ones I don't. For instance, he likes the Killers "Somebody told me" song. I like almost every other one, but not that one. I don't even think I understand it.
"Somebody told me that you had a boyfriend, that looked like a girlfriend, that I had in February of last year".
What the hell does that mean?
Are we really talking about sex changes here? Hell if I know.
Lyrics must have meaning to me for me to love them. At least to an extent. Sure, I like the Fergie stuff, but the lyrics aren't exactly thought provoking. For those, I think it's more the beat that sucks me in. And I think this because I'll listen to the song OVER AND OVER for like...a week and then I'm like..I'm done.
I'm so done with this song. And I'll listen to it again, but only much later. Whereas, if you give me a Fiona Apple song or something, I'll listen to it every time it comes on my iPod. Unless it's really sad, or I don't feel like being "deep" right then.

I've just been reveling in the fact that he LIKES Fallout Boy. A song that is actually ok. Not that I can make out the lyrics. Sometimes that helps. I don't get sick of it as quickly.
The lyric heading this post are the lyrics that are easiest to make out, and I really love that line.
Ben insists that it has OTHER lyrics.
I know this part, only because I looked it up. I CHEATED.
"The lies I weave are oh, so intricate."
He says that he can hear it say something completely different.
I don't remember the whole line, but he says that the oh so intricate part sounds like.."ALSO, it's a cat".

Yes, that makes sense. I mean, sure, stream of consciousness music. Like...blah, blah, blah, and then all of the sudden, he sees a cat?
Sure, it's funnier, but it's WRONG. That's not what he says. Fallout Boy is DEEP, dammit.
><
Hee hee. Sure they are.

He got a couple of new CDs recently, and I know this because I've been listening to them vicariously. I have to hear them since he plays them. I was like..this is a new CD huh, yesterday and he was like..yes. Does that mean you've heard it too much?
I said..no, just that I retain the music. He doesn't. I'll play a song over and over and then be like..you're sick of this huh? And he'll be like..I don't know what you're talking about.
Perhaps he can just tune it out better? I don't know, but my subconscious totally picks it up. It's a good thing he hasn't realized that subliminal messaging would probably work on me.
Well, that's my music news. Also, that I love the Pulp Fiction soundtrack. I added to albums to my Itunes last night and I've already listened to those 33 songs. I'm still at 0 songs not listened to. Also, as of last night, I have 714 artists and he only had 417.
I'm teh awesome. And full of myself today.

Comments

Brandy said…
androgyny is sexy ;)
SWSNBN said…
I guess I could see that. I never "got" that though. The only thing I can think of is that one picture of David Bowie with the pink and purple blush on. I think that's right, I don't know now.
And David Bowie is sexy, at least in Labyrinth, but I don't think that picture of him is sexy.

If that makes sense. =)

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.