Deepdiscount.com is teh suck!

(I'm sorry, I LOVE saying teh. I say it at home. I probably sound like an idiot, but I love teh. I am teh suck too sometimes. =))

I'm so freaking angry you guys!
Last month, for Valentine's day, I ordered a DVD for Ben. I ordered it within our NORMAL processing and shipping time. It took FOREVER to process the damn thing, and then I thought....well, it's not too bad, it will just get there a day late. I guess it's better than nothing and there wasn't much I could do at that point.
We waited and waited. It came a WEEK after Valentine's day. This was within their 10 business day range, but I was still a little pissed. (even if I had no RIGHT to be pissed, I was. I'm pissed a lot when I have no right to be that way.)

So this month (for his birthday), I ordered at the very beginning of the month, and paid 6 extra damn dollars for expedited shipping. This said that it would be shipped USPS Priority, UPS, or some other comparable method at the same price.
It also said I would get a tracking number for it. I have the tracking number and supposedly it shipped out last Friday. However, it doesn't say WHO the company is and the link that they say is there is not any sort of link. Trying UPS and USPS and Fedex doesn't work. None of them HAVE that tracking number.
(Shocking thought, does over consumption of cheese lead to lactose intolerance? See how my mind wanders, even while pissed?)

I emailed them to say WTH?, but in better terms, and I got...NO response.
This was at the beginning of the week. I went back today and submitted their damn form again, and I got an automated response, a somewhat snotty response really.
It said that there was NO NEED to ask the same question twice and that they would get back to me within a day. EXCEPT THEY HADN'T! So, wouldn't that make you think you should try again? Apparently, instead they would like to ridicule you when they don't respond the first time. Even with an automated response, you wouldn't think they would put some snotty ass line like that in there. You'd think they would say something more to the effect of sorry we did not respond, or something. Instead, they basically treat you like a retard and then tell you that to track your package, go to their website and use their tracking feature.
WHICH DOESN'T WORK.
Perhaps a blanket sort of response email is appropriate in certain situations, and sure it saves you having to pay someone to respond, but WTF? At least when I get an email like that they tell you to email them with the history if it doesn't answer your question.
This just said DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL.
So, instead I'm not supposed to submit their form about problems, nor should I email them? I should just wait and assume that my package will get here? Is that right?

I'm so damn angry. I emailed the Cust. Service email address at the bottom, telling them that I'm sure their customers don't appreciate being made to feel like idiots.
Ben is trying to be the voice of reason and explain that perhaps their tracking doesn't show until it's actually delivered. Maybe. But why does an automated response have to make you feel retarded?
I'm not going to order from them again. I mean, I paid the extra money for the shipping, and at that price, it's almost the same damn price as buying it in a store and getting it TODAY. You know? I mean, the whole point is that they save you money. Except when they DON'T.
Just now, looking it up, I could get it from Amazon, delivered BEFORE his birthday still and it would have cost me less than with the extra shipping.

God, I'm a bad shopper.
It makes me never want to buy anything. Ever.
Last night at Winco, they charged me twice for Charcoal Briquets and I didn't even catch it until I got home. =(
Apparently, I'm just a retard when I shop.

See, this is what ends up making me feel bad. I start by being righteously pissed, and then I start thinking about it and talking to people about it and then I start to feel like it's my fault and I'm just stupid. Like Ben is trying to be all reasonable and now I'm doubting myself and thinking...well, maybe it's just me. And then I get sad. Cause I mean..I have to buy crap, and if I'm not a good shopper than I'm just screwed in life.

It can't just be EVERY company I deal with being retarded, right? I mean..I dunno, I guess I don't really think about it much when things work out right. The pants that I kept from Lane Bryant have a freaking hole in the pocket already. Was it there to begin with? I don't know. But even if I wanted to send them back, then I have to wait that much longer, they'll charge me for shipping both ways and then charge my card again, before I even get credited. I know, I've dealt with them before.

It makes me feel hopeless. Like I can't buy crap on line. I must always pay ridiculous prices and buy things in stores. I mean..these jeans were about half what I pay at Catherine's. Perhaps the lesson is that you get what you pay for?
I don't know. I've went from being angry and feeling justified to almost crying over how much of a mess this shit I decided to buy off the internet is becoming. The pants were kind of a impulse buy anyhow. I should have went to Catherine's and just got one new pair of pants.

My head hurts and I'm still wondering if I should just cut off all my hair myself. I used to cut it myself, maybe I could still?

Comments

Brandy said…
aw hon :(
I hope you feel better today.
AnywhereEden said…
You are teh suck! you need to post more because my creative stream has figuratively run dry.

You didn't break down and cut your hair did you? Cuz I'm coming and I'm bringing my sharp scissors...
not sure when, but soon, keep your calendar open.
Anonymous said…
did you try dhl?
SWSNBN said…
Blank for now - Well, not really. Not today. But I should, hopefully soon.

Ariel - Teh suck! No, my hair is still very restrained in a bun on the back of my head. Basically, I'm not letting it "out" until it can behave. Which is after I get a hair cut, most likely. Unless it doesn't behave then either.
I've been thinking that I should just shave my head and keep the bangs! I remember that look and I think that I could TOTALLY bring it back. =)
My calendar is pretty much always open for you. I don't know when either, obviously. Don't come down for the 31st, or the 8th. I have to work BOTH weekends and I deserve a full weekend with teh Ariel.

Omar - I didn't. Turns out they sent it First Class. Apparently that is equal to priority to them. They got a nasty email from me. The so called tracking number was never a tracking number to begin with, since you can't track first class. If I hadn't already said I got it, I'd be tempted to tell them I never received it. They'd have no proof.
But I'm more honest than that. Dammit. ><

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.