Could things get any weirder?
My Monday was normal. Tuesday kicked off the weirdness.
And it was fine at work, besides my angsty-ness for no good reason.
(ok, so I just squeezed out a fart while no one was listening to me, and then this guy was like...the air smells good in here. 0_o I'm pretty sure he means the flowers that are currently assaulting my senses, but I thought it was funny nonetheless.)
Back on track... (You hope)
I got on the bus home from downtown and I got the last free seat. I was very happy about it. And it actually only happened cause Butters was nice enough to let everyone else on first. I never know what to say to him and each time I say nothing I feel like more and more of an ass. It's not him, I just don't really KNOW him.
This one guy gets on and walks towards the back. I kinda notice this out of the corner of my eye. I see it, and dismiss it. I'm busy playing Solitaire on my iPod and not paying attention to anyone else.
Then I feel someone staring at me. I look over and this guy is just staring at me. And he looks kinda pissed. He also looks like someone I would not want pissed at me.
I had my headphones on, so I have NO idea if he asked if I'd move my bag or what. Or if he was just staring until I did. I don't know.
Now, usually when there are not seats free all by themselves, people will pick others seats. And this might actually be because I have a big ass. I'm not just feeling down on myself here. Logistically, it makes sense to want to sit next to someone who's ass won't necessarily be touching yours. But for some reason, this guy wanted to sit right next to ME. Maybe it's cause I was the only girl? Maybe he thought since I have headphones on, I wouldn't talk to him, so he picked me. He was right, I didn't talk to him.
Then some seats free up, and he still doesn't move.
Instead he keeps wiggling his ass around, trying to get a little more room, I guess.
Then some guy who smells REALLY bad gets on the bus and sits right in front of me. That was pleasant.
He got on and then off before it got unbearable.
My stop starts coming up and I'm hoping it won't be a problem, but I'm thinking it will be.
The guy pays no attention what so ever to my cues that I am going to be getting off the bus. My cues saying please move, you have me boxed in and I can't pole vault over you.
I get all my stuff together and stand up as much as I can with the seat in front of me in the way.
The guy doesn't move.
I say "excuse me", and for what seemed like a VERY long time he pays no attention to me. Finally something clicks and he looks at me and moves.
One small victory for me.
Last night I got off the bus and started walking home. I figured, hey, I've managed to ride the bus safely, no weird people, I'm pretty much home free at this point.
I tend to look around a LOT while walking down that street. Once a dog came out and Ben stared him down and let me go, but I remember that and so I keep my eyes peeled.
At least in front of me.
I had just scouted out that side of the street, as I saw a little orange puff of fur. I made sure it wasn't a Pomeranian, and only a cat. A cat staring intently at a bush. So I was laughing at myself for checking out the cat, and I kept walking. I'm right at the corner of 7th and M street when I notice something out of the corner of my eye. Something white. I swear I almost felt something. I whipped around and found myself staring at a HUGE FUCKING PIT BULL. I should NOT have had my headphones on apparently. Since I had just scouted that side of the street, it had to have ran up behind me. I probably would have heard it if I didn't have my headphones on. I don't know if it barked. When I whipped around and freaked out a little, I think it growled a little, deep in it's throat. Maybe in reaction to my freak out? I don't even know.
So I stared at it, and when it came closer I shouted NO! and GO HOME! at it.
It turned around and started to go the other way, and then turned back around, and I yelled at it some more. Finally it started to go farther away then it had been going. This was when I realized that someone was talking to me. It was the woman who lived on the corner. She said it was the neighbor's dog and they let it run around freely. Then she said the cops had been called and it hadn't made a difference. All this RIGHT after the kid getting bit by a Pit Bull right up the street. If I didn't know that dog had been shot and killed, I would think it was the same one. How many fucking pit bulls does my neighborhood need?
I was so mad, I seriously wanted to send a note to them saying that next time I'll shoot that dog.
But I don't have a gun, and god knows the cops would probably actually do something about that. Pretty soon CSI would have tracked it back to me using some spit that had accidentally flown from my mouth onto a piece of paper.
I think I need dog mace.
My phobia of dogs confuses Tara. She's surprised that I didn't freak out when she brought her dog over. I told her, it's a different thing entirely when the owner is with the dog. I assume the owner would prevent the dog from biting me? I think it all started when I was about...8? We had the most vicious, starving looking dog in our neighborhood. We were convinced they didn't feed him and so he wanted to get loose so he could eat us. (He was so little, but I was only 8, so he was scary)
He was stuck in the yard by a chain. One day he wasn't. I had always wondered what would happen if he ever got loose. I think we realized it on the way to the library. On the way back, we filled our pockets with rocks. We figured we'd throw them if it started to come at us.
When it DID start to come at us, we panicked. I don't think a single rock was thrown. We both ran like the little sissy girls that we were and made it the half a block to our houses. The really funny thing was that I figured I'd be safer behind a fence, so I ran into her yard, and I guess she figured she'd be safer on the hill, so she ran up towards my front door.
We're screaming, our parents our coming out to see what the hell, and I reach the gate. Once safe, I looked back. The dog hadn't even ran past where it's yard ended. Even though it was free, it knew better?
I don't remember how long we lived in that house. I don't remember that girl's name who was my friend. I don't remember ever seeing people outside the dog's house. I ALMOST remember which street it was on. But I really remember the tiny little half starved looking dog.
I fucking hate dogs. Ester, Smokey, and Blackie are the only dogs I ever really got on with. I might get along with Heather's dogs now, all three of the Dachshunds. I might like them. I don't know, they are usually too excited for me when I come over. So, I avoid them for the most part. Maybe I would really love the little blind one. I don't know, as I don't spend much time there. Not anymore. Once upon a time I did.
Ah, nostalgia.
And it was fine at work, besides my angsty-ness for no good reason.
(ok, so I just squeezed out a fart while no one was listening to me, and then this guy was like...the air smells good in here. 0_o I'm pretty sure he means the flowers that are currently assaulting my senses, but I thought it was funny nonetheless.)
Back on track... (You hope)
I got on the bus home from downtown and I got the last free seat. I was very happy about it. And it actually only happened cause Butters was nice enough to let everyone else on first. I never know what to say to him and each time I say nothing I feel like more and more of an ass. It's not him, I just don't really KNOW him.
This one guy gets on and walks towards the back. I kinda notice this out of the corner of my eye. I see it, and dismiss it. I'm busy playing Solitaire on my iPod and not paying attention to anyone else.
Then I feel someone staring at me. I look over and this guy is just staring at me. And he looks kinda pissed. He also looks like someone I would not want pissed at me.
I had my headphones on, so I have NO idea if he asked if I'd move my bag or what. Or if he was just staring until I did. I don't know.
Now, usually when there are not seats free all by themselves, people will pick others seats. And this might actually be because I have a big ass. I'm not just feeling down on myself here. Logistically, it makes sense to want to sit next to someone who's ass won't necessarily be touching yours. But for some reason, this guy wanted to sit right next to ME. Maybe it's cause I was the only girl? Maybe he thought since I have headphones on, I wouldn't talk to him, so he picked me. He was right, I didn't talk to him.
Then some seats free up, and he still doesn't move.
Instead he keeps wiggling his ass around, trying to get a little more room, I guess.
Then some guy who smells REALLY bad gets on the bus and sits right in front of me. That was pleasant.
He got on and then off before it got unbearable.
My stop starts coming up and I'm hoping it won't be a problem, but I'm thinking it will be.
The guy pays no attention what so ever to my cues that I am going to be getting off the bus. My cues saying please move, you have me boxed in and I can't pole vault over you.
I get all my stuff together and stand up as much as I can with the seat in front of me in the way.
The guy doesn't move.
I say "excuse me", and for what seemed like a VERY long time he pays no attention to me. Finally something clicks and he looks at me and moves.
One small victory for me.
Last night I got off the bus and started walking home. I figured, hey, I've managed to ride the bus safely, no weird people, I'm pretty much home free at this point.
I tend to look around a LOT while walking down that street. Once a dog came out and Ben stared him down and let me go, but I remember that and so I keep my eyes peeled.
At least in front of me.
I had just scouted out that side of the street, as I saw a little orange puff of fur. I made sure it wasn't a Pomeranian, and only a cat. A cat staring intently at a bush. So I was laughing at myself for checking out the cat, and I kept walking. I'm right at the corner of 7th and M street when I notice something out of the corner of my eye. Something white. I swear I almost felt something. I whipped around and found myself staring at a HUGE FUCKING PIT BULL. I should NOT have had my headphones on apparently. Since I had just scouted that side of the street, it had to have ran up behind me. I probably would have heard it if I didn't have my headphones on. I don't know if it barked. When I whipped around and freaked out a little, I think it growled a little, deep in it's throat. Maybe in reaction to my freak out? I don't even know.
So I stared at it, and when it came closer I shouted NO! and GO HOME! at it.
It turned around and started to go the other way, and then turned back around, and I yelled at it some more. Finally it started to go farther away then it had been going. This was when I realized that someone was talking to me. It was the woman who lived on the corner. She said it was the neighbor's dog and they let it run around freely. Then she said the cops had been called and it hadn't made a difference. All this RIGHT after the kid getting bit by a Pit Bull right up the street. If I didn't know that dog had been shot and killed, I would think it was the same one. How many fucking pit bulls does my neighborhood need?
I was so mad, I seriously wanted to send a note to them saying that next time I'll shoot that dog.
But I don't have a gun, and god knows the cops would probably actually do something about that. Pretty soon CSI would have tracked it back to me using some spit that had accidentally flown from my mouth onto a piece of paper.
I think I need dog mace.
My phobia of dogs confuses Tara. She's surprised that I didn't freak out when she brought her dog over. I told her, it's a different thing entirely when the owner is with the dog. I assume the owner would prevent the dog from biting me? I think it all started when I was about...8? We had the most vicious, starving looking dog in our neighborhood. We were convinced they didn't feed him and so he wanted to get loose so he could eat us. (He was so little, but I was only 8, so he was scary)
He was stuck in the yard by a chain. One day he wasn't. I had always wondered what would happen if he ever got loose. I think we realized it on the way to the library. On the way back, we filled our pockets with rocks. We figured we'd throw them if it started to come at us.
When it DID start to come at us, we panicked. I don't think a single rock was thrown. We both ran like the little sissy girls that we were and made it the half a block to our houses. The really funny thing was that I figured I'd be safer behind a fence, so I ran into her yard, and I guess she figured she'd be safer on the hill, so she ran up towards my front door.
We're screaming, our parents our coming out to see what the hell, and I reach the gate. Once safe, I looked back. The dog hadn't even ran past where it's yard ended. Even though it was free, it knew better?
I don't remember how long we lived in that house. I don't remember that girl's name who was my friend. I don't remember ever seeing people outside the dog's house. I ALMOST remember which street it was on. But I really remember the tiny little half starved looking dog.
I fucking hate dogs. Ester, Smokey, and Blackie are the only dogs I ever really got on with. I might get along with Heather's dogs now, all three of the Dachshunds. I might like them. I don't know, they are usually too excited for me when I come over. So, I avoid them for the most part. Maybe I would really love the little blind one. I don't know, as I don't spend much time there. Not anymore. Once upon a time I did.
Ah, nostalgia.
Comments