Questions and findings
I found the CUTEST boots at Walmart last night. They zipped up to mid calf, maybe a little higher and Ben's eyes went whoa when he came around the corner and saw me trying to put it on. It had a thick heel (which means less chance I'll die) and fit my foot just fine. It did not fit my calf, so I'm wondering if anyone has any secrets about where I could find some cute (not ridiculously expensive) boots that would fit a plus size calf...which I assume is what they call it. I looked on-line a bunch last night and all I could really find was either expensive, or had to thin of a heel. I can't walk on stilletos, and I don't know anyone who can.
Another thing. I got to thinking, cause a lot of people are surprised when I tell them my bra size, and I just always thought that they deceptively looked bigger than they are.
But you know what? They are definitely a D now. I had gone up in band size since having Derek, but somehow I never thought I'd have to go up a cup size? These new bras are cute and more comfortable. That's for sure. I have to say though, they are both fairly matronly looking, with some nice colors, but still. They have flowers, but it's not like they had the super cute stuff that they have in smaller sizes. Oh well, at least my bra fits. Everyone should be excited for me, hurray.
My tattoo is getting better, though it's pretty scabby. I never knew how often I actually roll onto my back in bed, and I'm starting to feel like the reverse of a turtle, in that it gets stuck on it's back and I can't even touch my back to the bed. I can't even easily get from one side to the other. It's been a little weird, but before I know it, it'll be better.
I have to work Saturday, so I am home today, which is nice. Unfortunately, my throat is being scratchy and I think I'm getting sick. Which pisses me off.
All weekend, I've been pretty much hemorrhaging money. I've managed to slow the hell down, and I think I've got everything I wanted for the house.
We spent much of Saturday bike shopping. We went downtown to the bike shops in the hopes of supporting our local businesses. We asked to be steered towards the range of affordable bikes and almost died when they mentioned how these were ONLY $320 or so.
That's not affordable. Not at all.
(new development, my child is coming down with something. Perhaps the flu. I'm gonna kill Lawrence at work. Fucker made us sick. Derek's temp is 102, and that's only under the arm. I've dosed him with tylenol. Boy would I really love to avoid riding the bus out to his doctor in Santa Clara while he is sick with the flu. Doesn't that sound fun? Of course, I'll do what I gotta do, but if I can get the temp down here, I'm not gonna worry about it. He'll be much more comfortable at home than riding the bus anyhow.)
Anyhow. We gave up and went to Walmart for bikes. They were only $54.00 there. And they are functional, hell, mine is even purple, so it's pretty. We got some more stuff for the house and some clothes for everyone. Plus shoes. I really hated that place by the time I got done. It took FOREVER for the people to just bring us our damn bikes. Pissed me off. I just wanted to go home.
I have to go attend to my sick kid, so I will be back later. Maybe. Unless my day just got a whole lot more busy and I have to go to the doctor. I guess we'll see.
Another thing. I got to thinking, cause a lot of people are surprised when I tell them my bra size, and I just always thought that they deceptively looked bigger than they are.
But you know what? They are definitely a D now. I had gone up in band size since having Derek, but somehow I never thought I'd have to go up a cup size? These new bras are cute and more comfortable. That's for sure. I have to say though, they are both fairly matronly looking, with some nice colors, but still. They have flowers, but it's not like they had the super cute stuff that they have in smaller sizes. Oh well, at least my bra fits. Everyone should be excited for me, hurray.
My tattoo is getting better, though it's pretty scabby. I never knew how often I actually roll onto my back in bed, and I'm starting to feel like the reverse of a turtle, in that it gets stuck on it's back and I can't even touch my back to the bed. I can't even easily get from one side to the other. It's been a little weird, but before I know it, it'll be better.
I have to work Saturday, so I am home today, which is nice. Unfortunately, my throat is being scratchy and I think I'm getting sick. Which pisses me off.
All weekend, I've been pretty much hemorrhaging money. I've managed to slow the hell down, and I think I've got everything I wanted for the house.
We spent much of Saturday bike shopping. We went downtown to the bike shops in the hopes of supporting our local businesses. We asked to be steered towards the range of affordable bikes and almost died when they mentioned how these were ONLY $320 or so.
That's not affordable. Not at all.
(new development, my child is coming down with something. Perhaps the flu. I'm gonna kill Lawrence at work. Fucker made us sick. Derek's temp is 102, and that's only under the arm. I've dosed him with tylenol. Boy would I really love to avoid riding the bus out to his doctor in Santa Clara while he is sick with the flu. Doesn't that sound fun? Of course, I'll do what I gotta do, but if I can get the temp down here, I'm not gonna worry about it. He'll be much more comfortable at home than riding the bus anyhow.)
Anyhow. We gave up and went to Walmart for bikes. They were only $54.00 there. And they are functional, hell, mine is even purple, so it's pretty. We got some more stuff for the house and some clothes for everyone. Plus shoes. I really hated that place by the time I got done. It took FOREVER for the people to just bring us our damn bikes. Pissed me off. I just wanted to go home.
I have to go attend to my sick kid, so I will be back later. Maybe. Unless my day just got a whole lot more busy and I have to go to the doctor. I guess we'll see.
Comments