I'm the funky little monkey with the tiniest ears.
I dunno if this whole only writing about important stuff is going to work as well as I thought.
It feels like pressure and I'm not sure I can always find something to write about. Plus, I like the whole stream of consciousness thing. That way when something seeps into my subconscious, you are all subject to it.
(Like how the whiny girl listens to her iPod so loud that I can hear it through her headphones. Boy, she must be deaf. But she does whine less.)
I mean, how could you not love hearing stories of my dumb co-workers? It's called comedy.
Anyhow.
I dunno. I thought I could do it, but sometimes I just have to rant, without form. When given a writing assignment, I never did well. I must be able to ramble.
So, I guess I'm completely negating my "New Year's Resolution", even before the week is up. What I should be trying to do, is to write more about my memories, as opposed to only about my day. It's a great resource to draw on when nothing particularly funny or annoying happens. It's like my own personal bank of blogs.
So far the new year has treated me well. Besides the bleeding. I skinned my knee that night, obviously. (It was funny that my first aid kit had no tape to keep the gauze on. I mean, what is the fucking point of having gauze if there is NOTHING to stick it on with? I laughed until my stomach hurt. I MAY have been a little drunk.)
Yesterday, right after making fun of someone at work, I got a paper cut. Not just a tiny one either, like I had DROPS OF BLOOD. Right on the cuticle too.
Apparently, this is the year I will bleed. More troublesome is that after falling, I started to get some cramps and then I spotted a bit, and then I felt like I was actually gonna get a period, (which I haven't had since...well, about 4 months. I was just gloating about it to the people at work who annoy me. And now this.) but now nothing. I feel better today. I was feeling rather light headed. I think I'm talking myself into feeling pregnant. Conceivably (that's almost a pun. hee), the shot is supposed to make me feel pregnant. So that's probably all it is. I would have written off the quite sudden dislike of mint. (Just the thought kind of makes me want to throw up) Or the sudden interest in foods I wouldn't normally eat. But the spotting after falling? That scares me a little more. Not enough to get a test. Screw that. The shot worked just fine for me the last time. I'm not about to second guess it, or think that maybe this time it didn't.
It's probably nothing. We'll go with that.
I'm getting a little antsy. I WANT to do my taxes. Sounds crazy, huh? Not when you get money. Then you want to do them right away. Now I just have to wait for the W-2's. I'm SO ready to have enough money to not worry about it for a little while.
Last year I had the money direct deposited into my account by January 28th. I can only hope that happens this year as well. Otherwise, I might be doing that totally stupid thing called a payday loan. I'll do what I have to, since my charge account at work is sky high. I'm not stressing, I have avenues of possibilities. I'll make it work. I think I've already spent much of my money. I'm gonna get caught up on my bills, and I'm gonna do some clothes shopping for everyone in the house.
And I'm taking the girls out (which pretty much entails Jenn and Karina, and possibly Airie, if she wants) to do some sort of dinner and I dunno, probably hot tubbing. I'm missing the hot tubbing. I might even bribe Ariel to come visit. I can hope anyhow.
I wish I knew the logistics of renting a car, cause I'd just go visit her, but I don't even have a license and I probably need one of those.
Maybe we'll do some sort of girlie party. Though that is hard, seeing as how a man actually lives in my house, and my childling. Jake said something about spring break and I questioned him and he said..yeah, spring break.
Now I have to figure out if he is just being stupid or if he really means it. If we are switching holidays, then Spring Break is mine. But really...I see the kid every day, so I'm not like...OH, YOU CAN'T TAKE MY KID. Really, they should spend as much time together as possible. But I don't know how to broach the subject, and I need to figure it out now, cause I thought about taking vacation days, but they are stupid without the kid.
Jake was telling me that while Derek really doesn't care much for the baby, he really helped out. He said that one night he (Jake) totally passed out and the baby was crying and it wasn't waking Jake up (surprise, surprise) and when Karen got home, Derek was doing everything he could to help the baby.
On one hand, it kind of makes me feel sad. Cause Derek was probably freaked out and I don't advocate children having to raise children. =( (reminds me too much of my childhood and having to wake up with my little brother to feed him and stuff at night.) On the other, it's good to know that he didn't just get frustrated and make it worse. Once again, I'm completely torn on if it's a good thing or a bad thing.
Just watching him, since he got home, it's so apparent that he is just charging into being a real person. Some of the faces he makes are still so very "Jake", for want of a better word, but then he'll use logic. Or like...we made him his own CD and we edited a few songs that he has heard before. The occasional bad word was readily apparent to us, so I figured..well, we have the software, we should just blank that spot out. We missed at least one word on a Gorillaz song where he says asscrack. Again, we weren't sure it was apparent to Derek, but we decided to "fix" the CD. I
mentioned this to him this morning and he goes...oh the "A" word? He says it's in that song a few times. I hope he is wrong, cause I don't know where else he says it. What surprised me was how much he really does pick up on that he doesn't give away. Sometimes with the bad words, he'll be like....OH! He said a bad word!
Makes me wonder what else he picks up on that I think is relatively innocent or that he won't catch.
It feels like pressure and I'm not sure I can always find something to write about. Plus, I like the whole stream of consciousness thing. That way when something seeps into my subconscious, you are all subject to it.
(Like how the whiny girl listens to her iPod so loud that I can hear it through her headphones. Boy, she must be deaf. But she does whine less.)
I mean, how could you not love hearing stories of my dumb co-workers? It's called comedy.
Anyhow.
I dunno. I thought I could do it, but sometimes I just have to rant, without form. When given a writing assignment, I never did well. I must be able to ramble.
So, I guess I'm completely negating my "New Year's Resolution", even before the week is up. What I should be trying to do, is to write more about my memories, as opposed to only about my day. It's a great resource to draw on when nothing particularly funny or annoying happens. It's like my own personal bank of blogs.
So far the new year has treated me well. Besides the bleeding. I skinned my knee that night, obviously. (It was funny that my first aid kit had no tape to keep the gauze on. I mean, what is the fucking point of having gauze if there is NOTHING to stick it on with? I laughed until my stomach hurt. I MAY have been a little drunk.)
Yesterday, right after making fun of someone at work, I got a paper cut. Not just a tiny one either, like I had DROPS OF BLOOD. Right on the cuticle too.
Apparently, this is the year I will bleed. More troublesome is that after falling, I started to get some cramps and then I spotted a bit, and then I felt like I was actually gonna get a period, (which I haven't had since...well, about 4 months. I was just gloating about it to the people at work who annoy me. And now this.) but now nothing. I feel better today. I was feeling rather light headed. I think I'm talking myself into feeling pregnant. Conceivably (that's almost a pun. hee), the shot is supposed to make me feel pregnant. So that's probably all it is. I would have written off the quite sudden dislike of mint. (Just the thought kind of makes me want to throw up) Or the sudden interest in foods I wouldn't normally eat. But the spotting after falling? That scares me a little more. Not enough to get a test. Screw that. The shot worked just fine for me the last time. I'm not about to second guess it, or think that maybe this time it didn't.
It's probably nothing. We'll go with that.
I'm getting a little antsy. I WANT to do my taxes. Sounds crazy, huh? Not when you get money. Then you want to do them right away. Now I just have to wait for the W-2's. I'm SO ready to have enough money to not worry about it for a little while.
Last year I had the money direct deposited into my account by January 28th. I can only hope that happens this year as well. Otherwise, I might be doing that totally stupid thing called a payday loan. I'll do what I have to, since my charge account at work is sky high. I'm not stressing, I have avenues of possibilities. I'll make it work. I think I've already spent much of my money. I'm gonna get caught up on my bills, and I'm gonna do some clothes shopping for everyone in the house.
And I'm taking the girls out (which pretty much entails Jenn and Karina, and possibly Airie, if she wants) to do some sort of dinner and I dunno, probably hot tubbing. I'm missing the hot tubbing. I might even bribe Ariel to come visit. I can hope anyhow.
I wish I knew the logistics of renting a car, cause I'd just go visit her, but I don't even have a license and I probably need one of those.
Maybe we'll do some sort of girlie party. Though that is hard, seeing as how a man actually lives in my house, and my childling. Jake said something about spring break and I questioned him and he said..yeah, spring break.
Now I have to figure out if he is just being stupid or if he really means it. If we are switching holidays, then Spring Break is mine. But really...I see the kid every day, so I'm not like...OH, YOU CAN'T TAKE MY KID. Really, they should spend as much time together as possible. But I don't know how to broach the subject, and I need to figure it out now, cause I thought about taking vacation days, but they are stupid without the kid.
Jake was telling me that while Derek really doesn't care much for the baby, he really helped out. He said that one night he (Jake) totally passed out and the baby was crying and it wasn't waking Jake up (surprise, surprise) and when Karen got home, Derek was doing everything he could to help the baby.
On one hand, it kind of makes me feel sad. Cause Derek was probably freaked out and I don't advocate children having to raise children. =( (reminds me too much of my childhood and having to wake up with my little brother to feed him and stuff at night.) On the other, it's good to know that he didn't just get frustrated and make it worse. Once again, I'm completely torn on if it's a good thing or a bad thing.
Just watching him, since he got home, it's so apparent that he is just charging into being a real person. Some of the faces he makes are still so very "Jake", for want of a better word, but then he'll use logic. Or like...we made him his own CD and we edited a few songs that he has heard before. The occasional bad word was readily apparent to us, so I figured..well, we have the software, we should just blank that spot out. We missed at least one word on a Gorillaz song where he says asscrack. Again, we weren't sure it was apparent to Derek, but we decided to "fix" the CD. I
mentioned this to him this morning and he goes...oh the "A" word? He says it's in that song a few times. I hope he is wrong, cause I don't know where else he says it. What surprised me was how much he really does pick up on that he doesn't give away. Sometimes with the bad words, he'll be like....OH! He said a bad word!
Makes me wonder what else he picks up on that I think is relatively innocent or that he won't catch.
Comments
I can't wait either.
I just want to be done with them already, GOOD LORD! =)