Better now

I tend to forget that while birthdays are lovely, the whole world does not center around me when it is my birthday.
As much as I might like it to.

In any case, I got off work (I got a nice package with a cow, and snacks, and cards, and a book, and burt's bees face stuff, hurray!) and took my usual route downtown for the bus. I got on the bus amidst a flurry of people and only realized afterward that myHeather was sitting right outside next to the bus. No amount of tapping on the glass or waving wildly did any good. Much to the annoyance of the kid who was sitting right next to the window, with me practically sitting on his, hersit's lap.
Hard to tell with it hiding behind it's hair and hood of it's sweater.
I figure to hell with it, but then decide (after the bus has left of course) that it's some wild coincidence that myHeather is waiting near my bus. Maybe she was waiting for me, you never know.
I get off two stops later and walk back downtown.
Luckily, she was still there. She was not waiting for me, but it was a nice coincidence that I could see her on my birthday, for whatever reason.
We talked for a bit, and I finally found out the story behind her losing her license, and then we both caught the same bus. She had to go to a friend's house and then some classes. She said she'd call when she gets out and maybe have her mom swing her by to see me for a bit.
So YAY! Unintended, but awesome.
Some one is truly smiling down on me.
I didn't gain or lose weight since the last shot, so the nurse didn't give me crap, though it was a nicer nurse, so she might not have said anything really.
Then last night? It rained! I went out and played in it, cause I was wishing for rain.

And I don't have to work for 4 whole days now. So I'm super excited.
Plus, my awesome boyfriend has presents for me too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.