Valentine's Day
Well, my mom sent me a MySpace comment to say Happy Valentine's Day and that she loves me.
Once again, someone who only interacts with me via MySpace. How can you love me, if you never see me? If you don't know me?
There's a line in a KT Tunstall song...
"And can you still love me
When you can't see me anymore?"
I'd like to know that. Is that what unconditional love means?
I don't even know what I mean anymore. I'm still so damn angry about my sisters not coming. Sure this solves the whole.."will my mother come or not?" problem, but I would have rather just had it done and over with. Either she'll come along or she won't. I've given up so much that I'm using the rest of my vacation next month.
Wait up! This is not angsty day, this is happy YAY Valentine's day. Screw them if they can only talk to me on holidays...like my dad when I was growing up.
Ok, for real now.
I got chocolates! And a new CD (Christina Aguilera), and I guess I kind of bought myself an early present for Valentine's day. I've become a consumer whore now, and this purchase pretty much cemented my consumer whore-ness. I've bought my FIFTH iPod. Not that I own 5. But all in all, in less than a year, I've bought 5 iPods. I went home Friday and hit up EBay and started bidding like crazy on an open box returned iPod. It's so shiny and blue and holds almost half my music (at least what is in iTunes)! It's So pretty and I got it for $40.00 cheaper than a new one. It works perfectly and there aren't any scratches or anything on it. It's the awesome. The most awesome. Ever. Just so you know.
The guy shipped it out Saturday and I got it Monday. I love it. Almost like a child...not really. That would be more whore-ish than I am.
But I bought my original iPod, which I still have until I'm sure this one is fine. Then I'm gonna sell it on eBay. It's not new, but I should be able to get about 50 bucks or so. Maybe more since I have some accessories for it that won't fit the new one. I kind of wanted a pink one, but this blue one is GORGEOUS. Plus cheaper. Apparently quite a few people want a pink one, cause those auctions tend to sell for more.
Ben liked his present, and I bought him the best chocolate EVAR.
Not work safe.
Both were a little pervy, but still good presents.
Derek got chocolates from Ben, bunches of crap from school, and money from me. I couldn't have Ben showing me up, jeez. I figured a five ought to make us kosher. He loved it and then LOVED ME, to the point where it was annoying. Hanging on me, having to be directly under my feet (literally), and just being like..I love you.
For money. LOL.
He's a consumer whore too. I teach my kid accidentally.
He's running a fever again. =(
This has been a crappy year for him and getting sick. This better be one of those one day things, he was just sick not even two weeks ago. His temperature FINALLY broke and went to normal on Sunday the 4th and now, 11 days later, he's running a damn fever again. I hope it's not an infection, though at least then I could give him antibiotics, and know they are doing some good. Otherwise I just have to wait and monitor his temperature and dope him up with Motrin and Tylenol. =(
The nurse said I could alternate the two and give him medicine every two hours when his temp was so high, so at least I know that won't kill him.
I worry that calling in sick will not be well received. If I have to take him to the doctor, I will though. This is my kid and he's hardly ever sick, so they really can't say crap. I have more than enough sick time, at least 26 hours, so one day won't make much of a difference. Is it my fault that it happens to be a Friday? No. They can think I'm trying to lengthen my weekend all they want. If my kid is that sick, I'm not going in tomorrow. I guess we'll see. Hopefully it'll be like a one day thing, like he usually gets.
Not that week long crap. It is troubling that it's happening so soon after the last time. =( But they didn't find any strep when he went to the doctor and he didn't have an infection then, so logically, even if it is an infection now, there is nothing I could have done about it.
I don't know. I just know I'm a lot more obsessive about him being sick then Ben is. I'm not sure that's a good thing, but the first thing I would have done (probably) is take his temperature, and that's the last thing he did. Like I said, my kid is generally healthy and Ben has not had much experience with him being sick. I had that first year of daycare when it seemed like he caught everything. I'm a pro, I guess. I just feel so bad for the little guy. He went to see the nurse at school today, but this morning he was fine. I know, because he argued with me for much of the walk to school about how he didn't think it would rain today. He's a lot quieter while sick. I would just like to scream right now. I'm sick of this sick kid stuff. People need to stay the hell away from him and not make him sick! ><
Bitches.
Like it's that easy. =)
I'll just enclose him in a bubble and then no one can make him sick. Sure. That would turn out well, I'm sure.
Once again, someone who only interacts with me via MySpace. How can you love me, if you never see me? If you don't know me?
There's a line in a KT Tunstall song...
"And can you still love me
When you can't see me anymore?"
I'd like to know that. Is that what unconditional love means?
I don't even know what I mean anymore. I'm still so damn angry about my sisters not coming. Sure this solves the whole.."will my mother come or not?" problem, but I would have rather just had it done and over with. Either she'll come along or she won't. I've given up so much that I'm using the rest of my vacation next month.
Wait up! This is not angsty day, this is happy YAY Valentine's day. Screw them if they can only talk to me on holidays...like my dad when I was growing up.
Ok, for real now.
I got chocolates! And a new CD (Christina Aguilera), and I guess I kind of bought myself an early present for Valentine's day. I've become a consumer whore now, and this purchase pretty much cemented my consumer whore-ness. I've bought my FIFTH iPod. Not that I own 5. But all in all, in less than a year, I've bought 5 iPods. I went home Friday and hit up EBay and started bidding like crazy on an open box returned iPod. It's so shiny and blue and holds almost half my music (at least what is in iTunes)! It's So pretty and I got it for $40.00 cheaper than a new one. It works perfectly and there aren't any scratches or anything on it. It's the awesome. The most awesome. Ever. Just so you know.
The guy shipped it out Saturday and I got it Monday. I love it. Almost like a child...not really. That would be more whore-ish than I am.
But I bought my original iPod, which I still have until I'm sure this one is fine. Then I'm gonna sell it on eBay. It's not new, but I should be able to get about 50 bucks or so. Maybe more since I have some accessories for it that won't fit the new one. I kind of wanted a pink one, but this blue one is GORGEOUS. Plus cheaper. Apparently quite a few people want a pink one, cause those auctions tend to sell for more.
Ben liked his present, and I bought him the best chocolate EVAR.
Not work safe.
Both were a little pervy, but still good presents.
Derek got chocolates from Ben, bunches of crap from school, and money from me. I couldn't have Ben showing me up, jeez. I figured a five ought to make us kosher. He loved it and then LOVED ME, to the point where it was annoying. Hanging on me, having to be directly under my feet (literally), and just being like..I love you.
For money. LOL.
He's a consumer whore too. I teach my kid accidentally.
He's running a fever again. =(
This has been a crappy year for him and getting sick. This better be one of those one day things, he was just sick not even two weeks ago. His temperature FINALLY broke and went to normal on Sunday the 4th and now, 11 days later, he's running a damn fever again. I hope it's not an infection, though at least then I could give him antibiotics, and know they are doing some good. Otherwise I just have to wait and monitor his temperature and dope him up with Motrin and Tylenol. =(
The nurse said I could alternate the two and give him medicine every two hours when his temp was so high, so at least I know that won't kill him.
I worry that calling in sick will not be well received. If I have to take him to the doctor, I will though. This is my kid and he's hardly ever sick, so they really can't say crap. I have more than enough sick time, at least 26 hours, so one day won't make much of a difference. Is it my fault that it happens to be a Friday? No. They can think I'm trying to lengthen my weekend all they want. If my kid is that sick, I'm not going in tomorrow. I guess we'll see. Hopefully it'll be like a one day thing, like he usually gets.
Not that week long crap. It is troubling that it's happening so soon after the last time. =( But they didn't find any strep when he went to the doctor and he didn't have an infection then, so logically, even if it is an infection now, there is nothing I could have done about it.
I don't know. I just know I'm a lot more obsessive about him being sick then Ben is. I'm not sure that's a good thing, but the first thing I would have done (probably) is take his temperature, and that's the last thing he did. Like I said, my kid is generally healthy and Ben has not had much experience with him being sick. I had that first year of daycare when it seemed like he caught everything. I'm a pro, I guess. I just feel so bad for the little guy. He went to see the nurse at school today, but this morning he was fine. I know, because he argued with me for much of the walk to school about how he didn't think it would rain today. He's a lot quieter while sick. I would just like to scream right now. I'm sick of this sick kid stuff. People need to stay the hell away from him and not make him sick! ><
Bitches.
Like it's that easy. =)
I'll just enclose him in a bubble and then no one can make him sick. Sure. That would turn out well, I'm sure.



Comments
ebay is pretty much the best thing ever. =)
But Valentine's day brings out the best in me, what can I say. =D