New Music
The newest songs added to my iPod are as follows:
Dangerous - The Ying Yang Twins - I "stole" my liking for this song from Deanna. It's amazing what you hear when you eavesdrop. It's actually a (sort of) cover for Man Eater (Hall and Oates), at least from what I can make out. I found a clean and not so clean version. Hurray for new (dirty) music.
Grace Kelly - Mika - I heard this one morning while absently "watching" music videos. It's got a distinct Queen feeling to it. Ben said that it might be a sample. I think it was on purpose, as he says.."So I tried a little Freddie...". And while I don't "do" classic rock, even I know that the lead singer for Queen is Freddie Mercury. I'm not sure why I really like this song. I'm pretty sure it's about how people don't like him, but it's more upbeat music behind it. So it doesn't even matter that no one likes him. I really like the chorus what with the..."I could be violet like sky, I could be hurtful, I could be purple.." and so on.
FutureSexLoveSounds - Justin Timberlake - Just the latest in my seeming obsession with this man's album. I didn't want to, but I really like it. I keep adding more and more songs. I know where this is going too, cause last year it was Usher and I ended up buying the damn CD. He's really fucking cute though, I'll give him that. I'm a sucker for blue eyes. =)
Fidelity - Regina Spektor (I confess, I listen to VH1 when they say that this person is an artist "you oughtta know".) This song is SO me.
"And by protecting my heart truly, I got lost in the sounds, I hear in my mind, all these voices, I hear in my mind, all these words, I hear in my mind, all this music, and it breaks my heart."
I really like the lilting way she sings out "heart" and "fall" later on in the song to match each other. It might fall under the category of a love song, but I can listen to it without feeling mopey or sentimental.
Additionally, the new Norah Jones CD is in route to me via UPS..
That will be added soon. Though a lot of her stuff is stuff I have to be "in the mood" for. It's too blue-sy for me sometimes. Perhaps I'll love a song off of it and you all will get to hear about it later.
I had a date on last night with two hot girls. I wish I could have got a third hot girl in there, but we couldn't "kidnap" Airie.
I've been emailing with Ariel and I'm on a mission to get her down here. She will not let me wire her money to drive down here, says it makes her feel like a cheap hooker. To which I replied...well, I could send you more money? Would that better? And you know, I never asked her to sleep with me, so how does that qualify her as a hooker? She's crazy, y'all.
Speaking of crazy, you should see Doxie's New Year Celebration, she had a crazier night than I did, even with the person trying to pee on my lawn
Dangerous - The Ying Yang Twins - I "stole" my liking for this song from Deanna. It's amazing what you hear when you eavesdrop. It's actually a (sort of) cover for Man Eater (Hall and Oates), at least from what I can make out. I found a clean and not so clean version. Hurray for new (dirty) music.
Grace Kelly - Mika - I heard this one morning while absently "watching" music videos. It's got a distinct Queen feeling to it. Ben said that it might be a sample. I think it was on purpose, as he says.."So I tried a little Freddie...". And while I don't "do" classic rock, even I know that the lead singer for Queen is Freddie Mercury. I'm not sure why I really like this song. I'm pretty sure it's about how people don't like him, but it's more upbeat music behind it. So it doesn't even matter that no one likes him. I really like the chorus what with the..."I could be violet like sky, I could be hurtful, I could be purple.." and so on.
FutureSexLoveSounds - Justin Timberlake - Just the latest in my seeming obsession with this man's album. I didn't want to, but I really like it. I keep adding more and more songs. I know where this is going too, cause last year it was Usher and I ended up buying the damn CD. He's really fucking cute though, I'll give him that. I'm a sucker for blue eyes. =)
Fidelity - Regina Spektor (I confess, I listen to VH1 when they say that this person is an artist "you oughtta know".) This song is SO me.
"And by protecting my heart truly, I got lost in the sounds, I hear in my mind, all these voices, I hear in my mind, all these words, I hear in my mind, all this music, and it breaks my heart."
I really like the lilting way she sings out "heart" and "fall" later on in the song to match each other. It might fall under the category of a love song, but I can listen to it without feeling mopey or sentimental.
Additionally, the new Norah Jones CD is in route to me via UPS..
That will be added soon. Though a lot of her stuff is stuff I have to be "in the mood" for. It's too blue-sy for me sometimes. Perhaps I'll love a song off of it and you all will get to hear about it later.
I had a date on last night with two hot girls. I wish I could have got a third hot girl in there, but we couldn't "kidnap" Airie.
I've been emailing with Ariel and I'm on a mission to get her down here. She will not let me wire her money to drive down here, says it makes her feel like a cheap hooker. To which I replied...well, I could send you more money? Would that better? And you know, I never asked her to sleep with me, so how does that qualify her as a hooker? She's crazy, y'all.
Speaking of crazy, you should see Doxie's New Year Celebration, she had a crazier night than I did, even with the person trying to pee on my lawn
Comments