Oh Happy Day

I'm seriously running out of lyrics that work for certain topics. Like dreams, or anything to do with my weight.
People don't sing about their weight. Maybe there's a reason, but this is my blog so I talk about whatever the hell I want. ;p
I went in for my depo shot on Friday. I was dreading it, as I seem to gain weight without realizing it.
The whole trip was weird. The bus doesn't run when I thought it did, so instead I had to go a different route. I was there really early, and had to listen to people hack and argue and all this bullshit.
They call me back and put me on the scale and I've lost 5 pounds! FIVE WHOLE POUNDS. If I've gained 3 (last time), then I'm 2 down!
I know. It seems like I'm being far too excited, but 5 pounds actually sounds like a decent amount.
I don't know. I guess it makes me hopeful. The lady was someone who I hadn't seen before, but she was like my cheerleader and just made a HUGE deal out of my losing weight. I walked out of there feeling rather accomplished, though the jokes I tried to make went RIGHT over her head. She asked me if I was afraid of needles and I said...I just got a huge tattoo..she looked at me and said...really? Right on the spot where I have to use the needle? I was like...no, in response to if I am not good with needles. *eye roll*
Then I said something about..well, in terms of labor, I think I'd rather have a shot. It's definitely less painful and she kind of laughed at that. At least she got that one.
What have I been doing different lately? I think it was all the walking. Unfortunately, I'm really good at walking all over the damn place if I have money to spend when I get to my destination. I'm not so good at walking without a purpose. I suppose I could window shop.
I think the weekend of the 26th was particularly helpful. We walked all over the place, and then went home and walked to Shari's. Then Saturday we went to Gateway and bike shopping downtown. Then Sunday we walked all over Walmart, so I really was on my feet most of the weekend.

The last 2 nights, I caught my bus and it didn't match up...I had 20 minutes to wait. So I walked from Springfield Station to home. I beat the bus by about 3 minutes the first night and I was even faster tonight! I went fast and it's got to be at least a mile, so I feel even better about myself. I mean...it's good for me. I could make it a lot faster if I had my bike, but we aren't even going to touch the bike fiasco at this point. It's become so ridiculous, I fear that I will never get to ride my bike.
(update, I will not get to ride the bike...which is a whole other story)

I started to think..jeez. Tomorrow I get off at 6, and usually catch another bus that connects and there isn't really a chance for much walking. And then I thought..why the hell do I have to? I can just catch the Emx and walk the same distance. I won't be racing a bus, but I can still go fast. I dunno, I'm kind of tired and my legs are a little sore, but I still have a nice flush to my face and I feel pretty warm, when I hardly ever feel warm. I'm so excited for me. I can't believe I didn't do this before. I think I was afraid. Mostly of dogs, in the dark, and potentially loose. But the bike path is open and easy to see and it's not like it's right next to any houses. I'm protected on both sides by cars, so there is even that to think about. Maybe I should still buy some mace or dog spray or something? So far, I've seen only a few bike riders and they are polite and stay on their side of the path.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.