TMNT
So, I had to stop and have a moment of complete WTF? the other day. Derek was watching some Saturday morning cartoon and I was half way listening when I realized he was watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I actually liked the stupid live action movies they did. At least the first one. I don't quite remember the second one and I'll never watch the third. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Samurai? That's a little too much to take, really.
So, I listened in a little more and realized that they are in the year 2105!
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Time Travelers? How many fucking syllables can we add on to this?
I was like...what the hell? and asked Derek about it later.
No, he says, the cartoon isn't about them being in the year 2105, they just accidentally went forward in time to the year 2105. Very patiently, he explained this, as if I were stupid. I say it's the same damn thing.
While we are on cartoons, how the hell are the Power Rangers still on? I thought for sure by the time Derek was old enough, they'd be gone and I would not have to sit through more Power Rangers (my little brothers FAVORITE show). No such luck, as they just reincarnate it every damn year.
I saw something on TV that was talking about how it was really kind of racist, and I hadn't noticed, to tell you the truth. Now it's all I can think about. How the Asian girl was the yellow power ranger, and the black power ranger was a black guy, and the pink one...well, obviously a girl. They should make an incarnation of the Power Rangers with a flaming gay pink ranger.
And how they would just take scenes from some old cartoon, and intersperse it with perfect AMERICAN teenage wholesomeness. They totally did.
It's weird to think of it this way. I used to hate the Power Rangers and now I'm slightly in awe. How did they get away with that shit? In a time like today, when you can't even SAY the wrong word without offending someone.
Whoa. I don't know where I was going with that, besides people should not be so fucking sensitive. Life is funny if you can turn it around the right way. Even when it's only ironic funny.
Completely off topic....semi off topic, I guess...
My little brother's favorite movie used to be Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story. I could almost recite it for you, I've seen it SO MANY TIMES. He'd watch it at least once a day, if not more. Well...he wouldn't really watch it, he'd wander around and come out screaming if anyone dared turn it off. I find myself wondering if I'd like the movie now if I watched it. It's like I saw it so many damn times that I had to wait a long time before I could even watch it. I remember it being dramatic, but also with some ass kicking. It's a sad story though, since he just falls into some strange coma. They don't show you that, only tell you that at the end of the movie.
This is completely off topic, but I bought some Gorgonzola crumbles and I have to tell you that while it kind of smells like feet, it tastes SO YUMMY.
Today is my Tuesday, so I'm already ahead of everyone else at work. I can't wait for my 4 day weekend. I'm gonna be SO lazy. At least one of those days. I'm just so damn tired lately. I'm not sleeping well what with the carefully making sure not to lay right on my ears. Perhaps that's it. They better heal up soon. I need to sleep. =)
So, I listened in a little more and realized that they are in the year 2105!
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Time Travelers? How many fucking syllables can we add on to this?
I was like...what the hell? and asked Derek about it later.
No, he says, the cartoon isn't about them being in the year 2105, they just accidentally went forward in time to the year 2105. Very patiently, he explained this, as if I were stupid. I say it's the same damn thing.
While we are on cartoons, how the hell are the Power Rangers still on? I thought for sure by the time Derek was old enough, they'd be gone and I would not have to sit through more Power Rangers (my little brothers FAVORITE show). No such luck, as they just reincarnate it every damn year.
I saw something on TV that was talking about how it was really kind of racist, and I hadn't noticed, to tell you the truth. Now it's all I can think about. How the Asian girl was the yellow power ranger, and the black power ranger was a black guy, and the pink one...well, obviously a girl. They should make an incarnation of the Power Rangers with a flaming gay pink ranger.
And how they would just take scenes from some old cartoon, and intersperse it with perfect AMERICAN teenage wholesomeness. They totally did.
It's weird to think of it this way. I used to hate the Power Rangers and now I'm slightly in awe. How did they get away with that shit? In a time like today, when you can't even SAY the wrong word without offending someone.
Whoa. I don't know where I was going with that, besides people should not be so fucking sensitive. Life is funny if you can turn it around the right way. Even when it's only ironic funny.
Completely off topic....semi off topic, I guess...
My little brother's favorite movie used to be Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story. I could almost recite it for you, I've seen it SO MANY TIMES. He'd watch it at least once a day, if not more. Well...he wouldn't really watch it, he'd wander around and come out screaming if anyone dared turn it off. I find myself wondering if I'd like the movie now if I watched it. It's like I saw it so many damn times that I had to wait a long time before I could even watch it. I remember it being dramatic, but also with some ass kicking. It's a sad story though, since he just falls into some strange coma. They don't show you that, only tell you that at the end of the movie.
This is completely off topic, but I bought some Gorgonzola crumbles and I have to tell you that while it kind of smells like feet, it tastes SO YUMMY.
Today is my Tuesday, so I'm already ahead of everyone else at work. I can't wait for my 4 day weekend. I'm gonna be SO lazy. At least one of those days. I'm just so damn tired lately. I'm not sleeping well what with the carefully making sure not to lay right on my ears. Perhaps that's it. They better heal up soon. I need to sleep. =)
Comments
Awesomeness :)
=)
It would be fabulous, dahling!
*grin*