Give me a head with hair, long beautiful hair.
I'm gonna pull a Britney. I am SO sick of my hair. It's too long, officially now. I always wondered how long I could possibly let it get and how much I could stand to have truly long hair and you know what? I passed that stage about a month ago.
Maybe two months ago.
I don't even know how much I'm gonna get rid of when I finally can. I've never had much luck with going to hair salons and stuff like that. Plus, I hate the thought of spending the money when I don't have to. But I just can't cut my own hair. I used to, and I really shudder at the thought of how uneven it must have been. Cause really? How the hell do you cut the back of your hair? I'm not even sure how I used to do it, but I'd just get so sick of my hair that I would cut it down short. I think I've always longed for a short cut. Something that would be so cute, except I can't really pull it off. It makes me face look too long, and most shorter cuts look so cute cause people actually style their hair. I don't. I mean beyond..the whole "do I braid it today, do I pull it back into a ponytail, do I try and show it off and not pull it back at all?"
Except I can't just leave it down now. It gets tangled if I even fucking think about it. Just sitting at work, somehow my hair gets tangled. Me, who's hair didn't use to be this way. I'm convinced it's the length, though part of it might be the blond dye. I've tried detanglers and special conditioners, and all this bullshit. Nothing seems to work, and I hate my hair.
I said it, I hate it right now. I've got roots from the last time Ikilled dyed it, and even then it wasn't the same color. I have three different kinds of color on my head. While I don't particularly like my normal hair color, perhaps I should stick with it? I'm not the type to re-do my roots every 6 damn weeks either. And I think they say you should get a trim every 6 weeks? I don't have time, money, or patience for that. And I've had too many bad experiences with hair cutting to want to just have some stranger cut my hair. Cause I don't really hate my hair, I just don't like it very much right now.
I gotta get a hair cut. Somehow. Maybe I should just give up and let Ben try? At least we learned that you don't gather the hair into a ponytail and then cut it. We've already overcome that one, so how bad could it get? I don't even know.
I suppose I'll just keep wearing it up forever, until Ariel comes to visit and cuts my hair.
*sighs*
Maybe two months ago.
I don't even know how much I'm gonna get rid of when I finally can. I've never had much luck with going to hair salons and stuff like that. Plus, I hate the thought of spending the money when I don't have to. But I just can't cut my own hair. I used to, and I really shudder at the thought of how uneven it must have been. Cause really? How the hell do you cut the back of your hair? I'm not even sure how I used to do it, but I'd just get so sick of my hair that I would cut it down short. I think I've always longed for a short cut. Something that would be so cute, except I can't really pull it off. It makes me face look too long, and most shorter cuts look so cute cause people actually style their hair. I don't. I mean beyond..the whole "do I braid it today, do I pull it back into a ponytail, do I try and show it off and not pull it back at all?"
Except I can't just leave it down now. It gets tangled if I even fucking think about it. Just sitting at work, somehow my hair gets tangled. Me, who's hair didn't use to be this way. I'm convinced it's the length, though part of it might be the blond dye. I've tried detanglers and special conditioners, and all this bullshit. Nothing seems to work, and I hate my hair.
I said it, I hate it right now. I've got roots from the last time I
I gotta get a hair cut. Somehow. Maybe I should just give up and let Ben try? At least we learned that you don't gather the hair into a ponytail and then cut it. We've already overcome that one, so how bad could it get? I don't even know.
I suppose I'll just keep wearing it up forever, until Ariel comes to visit and cuts my hair.
*sighs*
Comments
I know. But that's $15 I could use for something completely pointless! Like coffee, or something else stupid. Plus, I was MADE to get my hair cut when I was young and I never remember any of those trips to the salon being very fun. Also, once my step-brother put gum in my hair, and I had to have a HUGE chunk taken out. Hair salons scare me, in short.
It need not be a rational fear. =)
Ariel - I'm waiting, but I am not very patient. I have a regular weekend next weekend, and another 4 day after that for Ben's birthday/our anniversary. If you are coming that weekend, let me know, as I've already recruited Jesse for babysitting services while Ben and I have dinner. I can tell him not to if you don't want to hang out with him? Though he is seriously better about drinking so much.
Brandy - I know! It's all I can think about. And when I think about it, it tangles. I've spent far too much time ripping tangles out of my hair that I can't work out regularly. And then my hair is ALL over everything. I think Britney is on to something!