Thoughts today

The punishment seems to be working on the boy.

We'll hope.

The other day, he went into breakfast with this other kid. Looks older, and he's ALWAYS waiting for Derek. Derek says he's cool - translation? The kid doesn't listen and is prolly rude as hell.

I told Derek that the teacher said that kid had a mouth. He goes....well, so and so was talking smack first.

HOLD UP! Talking smack? When did my kid start picking up the slang? Apparently, he told Ben the same thing and MADE SURE THAT BEN KNEW WHAT TALKING SMACK WAS.

Yeah, I think we know.

So, my first reaction is HOW the fuck do I keep my kid away from the bad one?

This morning I started thinking more broadly. That kid might be labeled the "bad kid" forever. And some of these kids....who are so full of potential and promise aren't going to make it in this world. Especially the ones labeled bad...cause how will they know they can do better? Won't they just figure that all the adults are right and they might as well be bad and have fun?

I was that bad kid. Maybe not in grade school. In grade school, I was still under the impression that getting good grades and doing good in school would make my parents happy. The only thing those grades ever did for me is set my mom's standards high enough that when I stopped caring, it was a rude awakening.

They didn't earn me praise, they only earned me a lecture when I got a "c".

Maybe these bad kids just want to know that someone cares, but people are all too quick to write them off.

It's just sad.

If only I could save all kids. Especially the ones who feel unloved.

What is a bad kid, besides a product of the way they are raised?

Kids aren't BORN bad.

Comments

Brandy said…
You're still the bad kid baby *giggles*
SWSNBN said…
Yes, but a capable "adult" bad kid.

Some of them won't be.

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.