In a Barbie world

It came to my attention this weekend that the boy likes to make disgusted faces and sounds any time a commercial for girl toys comes on. This morning, on his way into the school building, he had to pass a little girl that was bent over looking through a very girly jewelry box. He kinda made a face, luckily he wasn’t close enough for me to give him crap about it. He seems to think that he MUST make a big deal out of not wanting it, so that I won’t buy him girl toys.

I don’t help matters when I tell him that I know he wants every toy he sees. It just gets old to hear…Mom, look at this, I want that…..everytime a commercial comes on.
I also threatened to buy the girl toys, if he can’t quit making a big deal about it, and torture him by making him play with them. Again, not mother of the year material, but it was funny. And I think appropriate. He has to learn that just because he doesn’t like it, doesn’t make it ok to be a butt nugget about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.