All the back (OMG, almost a pun) posts, again! Leave me alone, it's almost my birthday!

Monday, July 7th
Grr.

My back sucks. I can make it through the day when my back is just tired feeling, but sleeping sucks. Or rather, lying down SUCKS. I have to roll around like a turtle just to get off the bed and it hurts when I sit up straight. Then I kind of launch myself off the bed into the wall and hand walk up it.

It's lame. I'm sick of it. I'm tempted to go to the damn doctor and get the medicine I hate. I was so hoping I'd feel much better by now.
Meh.
So I'm tired, I'm cranky, I cry at least once a night when I have to get up to use the bathroom...I'm surprised the boyfriend hasn't kicked me out of our bed. I don't know if sleeping on the couch would be better, or if the bed is better. The couch may be higher off the floor than the bed, which is nice.
I dunno. I just wish that the shit hadn't happened days before my birthday. I can't even think about doing anything normally, and I'm already missing the fun time with the boyfriend. =(
I don't think I'm gonna get any fun time until after I'm 28 at this point. Sure, only 5 days away, but I'm still irritated. I like to be able to do anything I want, when I want.
Duh, right.

So...Uh. I'm done now. I must clock back into work.
On the up side? I ONLY HAVE 3 MORE DAYS OF WORK. Hurray. Well, plus a few hours.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday, July 8th
I’ve caved...

I'm going to the doctor tomorrow. I've decided that I can't deal with it anymore.
I'm hoping for muscle relaxers to try and be able to sleep easily. =)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, July 9th
I like muscle relaxers

Life is good again.
I can barely even feel my back due to the muscle relaxers.
I haven't even taken the vicodin they gave me.
Plus, I got some antibiotics on the side for a different problem I was having. Yay.
Now I can sunburn more easily. BOO on that.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday, July 10th
How awesome are the people I work with?

Pretty fantastic.
I got snacks when I came in, and headphones as a present. Plus some gift certificates for coffee! Oh how these people know me.
My headphones are Skull Candy, and they match my iPod! I'm all accessorized people!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I rock!
I made it through 64 hours of work! Ok, a little less, as I got the doctor visit time off. So perhaps I only really worked 62 hours or something, but I MADE IT. Back problems and all. I so needed to prove I could do this to myself.

Today? I feel pretty good. Last night I took two muscle relaxers and a vicodin and I thought..well, hell, at least I'll stay asleep. Um. Not entirely, and I still hurt. Was lame! I would have had better luck with sleeping pills, I think.
Today has been a GOOD day. =)
Plus, I was listening to my iPod in Tara's office at work, and this guy I work with was like O_o..you like the Daddies.
I was just like...how do you NOT know this? I freaked out about going to the concert not that long ago. Maybe he wasn't there then? I can't even remember now. I guess I think that people just KNOW me. Instantly.
LOL.
Off for dinner now. And to take my cocktail of medicines. HURRAY.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Friday, July 11th
Maybe I can jinx myself. Wouldn’t that be fun?


I woke up this morning feeling "normal". No weird back feeling.. I know this is most likely due to the mini-pharmacy I have to take every day, but I asked the doctor today how long I'd have to take it and she was noncommital. Just tried to allay my fears of stomach bleeding from the anti-inflammatory she prescribed. If it's why I feel better, I'm all for it, but it's hard for a hypochondriac like me to dismiss normal feelings while on medication, cause OMGZ! maybe I'm having a reaction.
I'm not kidding. It's crazy in my brain.
But this medicine also says "not to lay down for 30 minutes after taking it"...makes me feel like it may just chew a hole through my esophagus if I lie down.
And I think that I may have to try this whole "drinking responsibly" thing that people talk about, as both of the medicines I really need say to limit alcohol use, due to it increasing my drowsiness. I don't need to fall asleep halfway through my party.
I'm so happy that I feel better though. So very happy.
And it's weird, cause last night I had to get out of bed and it was AGONY. I finally got up, cried all the way to the bathroom and cried all the way back. Yet, I feel like something resembling normal today. Weird, body, just weird.

I got to go for my first physical in I don't know how long today. The answer to which arm to draw blood from is the left one. The right one will yield no blood, but the left arm is a champ. She even took the tourniquet off after she saw how nicely the vials were filling up. Yay veins! You rock!
I have to go back for more blood, as I guess I need to fast beforehand for some tests.
They scheduled me for next Friday, but I may cancel that one, as I took a vacation day next Friday solely for the purpose of hanging out with Heather after the baseball game we're going to.

And tomorrow is PARTY DAY, and my birthday and I'm excited. Hurray for good days! May it be as awesome as it seems like it may be.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Things I forgot to mention before..

My house is about as clean as it's going to get.
The rest of the foodstuffs and alcohol is bought. No one told me what they like, so it's rum and rum only.
My birthday music playlist is complete!
YAY, so happy about that one. It was harder than I thought.

Things that sucked today:
1. My dad knows when the mail arrives, or at least thinks he does, so no money today. Probably tomorrow, the actual birthday. Though I think it's gotten here after my birthday before. Really dad, why must you wait until the last minute? It's better than nothing, and I still have hope that Grandpa will send out birthday money. Mom will probably send nothing, but even just a card would be nice. Hell, a MySpace comment would be nice.
Meh.
2. Jake and Karen were here and I couldn't suck up my courage enough to ask them for the child support, even though I SHOULD mention these things, cause it seems like she often calls and says..oh, I had it, but I totally forgot.
3. Ben is still out for Magic tonight and I'm BORED. Plus, I'm trying to avoid cleaning the bathroom mirror. It's bothering me with it's dirtiness.

Things that did not suck.
1. I got to see my kid today! I swear he must be a foot taller. Definitely closer to shoulder height and he HAD to point it out and put his arm around me at every chance. It would appear that he's missed me as well, if it was any indication by how much he hung on me during dinner.
2. They bought me a birthday dinner, steak at Roadhouse, which has the yummy rolls. So I even got to have dinner with my kid.
3. I got everything done that I wanted to.
4. I didn't take an allergy pill at ALL today, and so far, so good. YAY allergies being gone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.