Disappointment, oh, you shouldn't have done, you couldn't have done, you wouldn't have done the things you did now.

Cranberries rock my world. And they kind of tie in to this entry. So there.
We watched some movies on Saturday after Derek left. We had rented Click, I figured it would be a funny Adam Sandler movie. Like most others I've seen of his.
HEAVY DRAMA. Seriously. I was crying at the end, and I was TRYING to be happy, those bastards.
I mean, if that's what I was looking for, it would have been good. And I get the whole reasoning behind it. Be happy with what you have, like usual, and don't go to fast. I was sad for him at the end. It just kept getting worse and worse. Though I do love Christopher Walken. He is funny and strange, and wonderful.
And the slower version of Linger made me happy. They even still used Delores O'Riordan, even if not the whole Cranberries. No one else can sing that song, so that made me HAPPY. =)

Then we realized that we needed to hit the liquor store if we were going to, and so I sent Ben and sat down to FINALLY watch High Tension. Ariel recommended it, and said Aaron thought it was "fucked up".
And then I read about it in a magazine and this guy was like.."it was FANTASTIC. Something happens in the first 5 minutes and it's so strange, and then it just gets scarier and scarier. We almost had to take a break from it halfway through."
I was VERY excited about the movie. And I will give it this much, the music was wonderfully creepy and heightened the tension, as I kept expecting something really messed up to happen. I will tell you this, NOTHING really messed up happened. It was a typical run of the mill horror movie. With a slight twist (anyone who cares and is going to watch this movie should not read any further), that I called from the VERY beginning. I was like..oh, I bet the killer isn't that guy. I bet it's her. Her dream at the beginning kind of gave it away. And perhaps these guys who said it was very scary are more scared by the hot lesbian girl being the killer. But it's not like movies have never switched the killer on you. Most horror movies that is the point, to keep you guessing. Or maybe I'm thinking suspense. But really, this movie has been down before. The only change is it's a female. I've seen Identity and it's the exact same premise. Something inside him makes him kill people and think it wasn't him. Identity just had more people in it.
Or even Idle Hands, for all it's campiness. It was the same type of thing.
Instead it was his hand, and not another "personality" per se.
I've spent a lot of time wondering how people could think it was any scarier than say...Silence of the Lambs, or something like that. Which I might add, was also mistaken identity. They thought they had him, and he turned out to be someone completely different. Otherwise, we'd never get the kick ass Jodie Foster scene at the end where the girl in the well cusses at her for leaving.
Perhaps it's the idea that you could be a killer and not even know it?
(Can you tell I took a horror movie class in college?)

Ben took that movie out of the DVD player yesterday and I had moved the case around. He asked where it was, and I said..well, I might have thrown it in a fit of RAGE at how much that movie was NOT what I expected. He laughed at me. Apparently, I'm not full of the rage enough. Not even with the sleeping like crap.

Earlier that morning, Derek took an extra long shower, so I watched some CSI on demand, and even it disappointed me. I love the CSI, but this one pissed me off. It was SO obvious from the beginning that the guy was wearing prosthetics. Instead, they are all talking about how he made it easy for them, and even left his name.
Which was, of course, Michael Myers..though they might have shortened it to Mike Meyers. Still! It's SO obviously a fake name, and when the next name he left was Pamela Voorhies, I LITERALLY wanted to scream at the TV.
DUH!
Grissolm should be smarter than that. He only figured it out in the last ten minutes. Yes, I DO realize it's a show and the longer they can make it last the better, but WTF??
(speaking of, I wish I could get away with these earrings.)

Comments

Brandy said…
O damn, i wanted to see that movie but not if it's a drama!! :(
SWSNBN said…
I would call it at least dramedy. It was funnier in the beginning, but then things just started getting more and more sad. There were still a few funny moments throughout, but heavier on the sad at the end.
I dunno. Perhaps your take on it would be different?
I kind of wish someone had told me it was drama. Tara had said she didn't really like it, but not why. If I'd wanted to watch a drama, maybe I would have loved it. I do like Adam Sandler.

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.