Pondering something that isn't even about me, specifically...

I know, I know, will wonders never cease?
I was just sitting here thinking about "people smart" people and "book smart" people. My ideal office? A bunch of "people persons" in the front, a lot of book smarts in the back.
LOL.
That's not to say it's mutually exclusive, you can be both, I like to think I'm both. I have just enough knowledge to make me dangerous *evil laugh*, but I KNOW I have people smarts. I know that each year I get better with people. I may dislike most people, but I manage to be nice to people, I manage to bite my tongue when I want to say..you're wrong, na na na. It's just not worth it in the long run to be "right" all the time. =)

It just seems like in my little accounting world, we have people who are one but not the other. And we love our book smart people, they really make the wheels turn, but sometimes they have no clue how to deal with the others.
Makes it hard from day to day. We actually had a screaming disagreement in the front office the other day, and I think I've been pondering the differences between the two parties ever since.

I personally, can get along with all sorts of people. I've been friends for years with someone who other people said was too stuck up and flaunted her smartness. I didn't think so, which is weird coming from me, as I don't like it when people think I am dumb. Maybe she just never made me feel dumb?
Maybe that's the real difference?

What do you all think? Besides the obvious differences, do you think that one kind of person comes out far ahead of the other in a work situation? What about a social one?
Let's discuss. =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.